IGNORED

20+ handicappers hitting 300 yards (mild rant)

Note: This thread is 1547 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by RayG

Play it forward....

a 20+.. from the tips?

Yes, thanks for noticing. That's the way the blue tees were setup that day. I think the actual blues were probably under construction.

In after thought, I should have played from the white tees. Probably would have reduced my OB count to 1 or 2.

In any case, it made the game very exciting, and I had the whole course to myself.

Still scored 96 with all the OB I got, and I only lost 2 sleeves.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by saevel25

Depends on the hole, if its a hole were my major miss with my driver is there, i will iron it. If not, then i let it fly. I can get the ball closer to the hole out of the rough from inside 100 than i can from laying back.

To me i rather take a 50 yard pitch shot from the rough than a 150 yards iron shot.

That's why I said "If it's wide open". If my "miss" is just gonna get me in the rough, sure. If it's gonna get me in trees or OB, I'll iron it out.

Originally Posted by bplewis24

Based on avatars, I sometimes mistakenly assume Jeremie and Slice are the same person, just having a conversation with themselves.

LMAO!!! Picture from the same tee on the same day with the same camera. Haha.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Last night I had much more luck with my driver than when I played "smart/safe" with my hybrid. It was strange, but it's probably just a matter of when you are doing well with your driver it's just as well to keep using it. As a matter of fact, the 2 holes I used the hybrid on I ended up 3 and 4 over.... Not all attributable to the tee shot as the putting wasn't stellar but put myself in bad spots off the tee.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Hi I have posted here before and would like to add to it.    I easily average 330 yards off the tees I would say Im a honest 14 handicap best round of the year being 80 on par 69.

However at the begging of the season I was easily a 18 - 20 handicap but I could still average long drives that easily exceed the 300 yard mark.

Now because this group title refers to 300 yard hitters having high handicaps as impossible or rare I would say its very possible as I did alot of work on my iron and short game to get my handicap to where it is.

Just to leave everyone thinking I played golf the otherday and on a PAR 4  400 yards more uphill if anyting no elevation on tee blocks and no wind to help ...........

I was able to HIT THE BALL 375 -380 yards!!!!!

I overshot the fairway ending so inbetween the fairway and green was a rough patch 40 feet long I was in the middle of the rough 20 yards from the green....

I wonder how far it would of gone if there was no rough in between the fairway and green ? lol

I was playing with 3 friends that day all of them told their fathers  and they do not believe the story my dad however was not surprised as he has seen me hit my longest drive of 390 yards  2 years ago.

Good day!

Originally Posted by powerdrives

I wonder how far it would of gone if there was no rough in between the fairway and green ? lol

I think it would have gone at least 420.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by bplewis24

Quote:

I think it would have gone at least 420.

Yeah... over the back of the green and onto the next tee "block".  Is it his handicap or his age that's 14?

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

I'm just going to point out that there's a HUGE difference between claiming to hit the ball 300 yards on occasion, and claiming to hit the ball 330+ "easily" off the tees. I can understand special circumstances possibly occurring to give you a 380 yard drive, but I have my doubts of you ever being able to do that with a conventional driver.

If you used the 4* of loft that the long drive guys used it seems more realistic, but even a 8.5* driver (lowest frequently found loft on factory drivers) would have to balloon up into the air due to the spin that a swing speed like yours would create. This brings me to the conclusion that you could probably bomb it with a tailwind or otherwise just hit a lot of high drives that appear to go further than they do.

Sorry for being such a skeptic, but I feel quite doubtful of the ability for someone to hit a ball 330+ on average or 380 yards uphill without wind using a conventional driver.

Hi I have posted here before and would like to add to it.    I easily average 330 yards off the tees I would say Im a honest 14 handicap best round of the year being 80 on par 69.    However at the begging of the season I was easily a 18 - 20 handicap but I could still average long drives that easily exceed the 300 yard mark. Now because this group title refers to 300 yard hitters having high handicaps as impossible or rare I would say its very possible as I did alot of work on my iron and short game to get my handicap to where it is. Just to leave everyone thinking I played golf the otherday and on a PAR 4  400 yards more uphill if anyting no elevation on tee blocks and no wind to help ........... I was able to HIT THE BALL 375 -380 yards!!!!! I overshot the fairway ending so inbetween the fairway and green was a rough patch 40 feet long I was in the middle of the rough 20 yards from the green....  I wonder how far it would of gone if there was no rough in between the fairway and green ? lol I was playing with 3 friends that day all of them told their fathers  and they do not believe the story my dad however was not surprised as he has seen me hit my longest drive of 390 yards  2 years ago. Good day!

My friends and I were golfing one day and two guys followed behind us. We were on a 420 yard par, when I noticed a ball on the green that wasn't there a moment prior. At first we thought it was from someone on another fairway. After a few holes we noticed brushing sounds from both sides of our fairway. I asked what it was, and my friend and I were dumbfounded. Kind of funny. Then I noticed off in the distance someone getting off our teebox. I told my friends that the guys following us must have been driving 100 yards past us. At first, it was like no way. We then realized that this was really the case. I looked back for the rest of the round, and noticed those guys were driving incredibly far. I doubt they played their second shots or putting well, because it seemed like they fumbled around the greens a lot. Plus they hit the trees along the fairway, even wide ones. I bet they drove that 420 yard green, by accident, but they had over 330 yard drives all day. Just not where they wanted them.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Hi in response to your comment I use a 4 year old nike driver with 9.5 degrees and its perfectly stock lol...  I have hit multiple 365 355 350 345 340 drives this year if my drive is under 330 yards that means I did not connect on it or i tried to hit it soft on purpose due to the course layout, Also i only measure my drives on straight holes as this is the only time i can swing at 85 percent which is the maximum im willing to use on a golf course... when i do connect which is about  5 out of 6 times the ball will easily exceed 330 yards   ....,, I only swing at about 85 percent when playing on the golf course as I only hit 1 ball off each tee block and i do not want to kill anyone if I do shank the ball .....so it needs to go straight.... I didnt even try to hit the ball 380 yards the other day,  I was telling myself to swing easy during the backswing to be honest.

I wonder how far I would beable to hit the ball  with all my power and a professional long drive club?  lol

I wonder how far I would beable to hit the ball  with all my power and a professional long drive club?  lol

My guess would be 500.  But it's better to swing easy and take 350 in the fairway than overswing and get 450 in the trees.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Hi in response to your comment I use a 4 year old nike driver with 9.5 degrees and its perfectly stock lol...  I have hit multiple 365 355 350 345 340 drives this year if my drive is under 330 yards that means I did not connect on it or i tried to hit it soft on purpose due to the course layout, Also i only measure my drives on straight holes as this is the only time i can swing at 85 percent which is the maximum im willing to use on a golf course... when i do connect which is about  5 out of 6 times the ball will easily exceed 330 yards   ....,, I only swing at about 85 percent when playing on the golf course as I only hit 1 ball off each tee block and i do not want to kill anyone if I do shank the ball .....so it needs to go straight.... I didnt even try to hit the ball 380 yards the other day,  I was telling myself to swing easy during the backswing to be honest. I wonder how far I would beable to hit the ball  with all my power and a professional long drive club?  lol

Good GOD, the rest of your game has got to suuuuuuucck! :-P

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Originally Posted by David in FL

Good GOD, the rest of your game has got to suuuuuuucck!

No shit. If your average drive is 350 and your still almost a 20 handicap, maybe you should lay off the gym and start hitting the putting green.

Ryan M

Im a honest 14 handicap begging of the season i was about 17- 18 and yes my short game does suck,  it consists of topping the ball on my 2nd iron shot which ruins very nice drives about 5 -6 times a round.... also sometimes i drive and hit my 2nd shot good then 3 putt.  :(

Im still waiting for the day where i drive every fairway  hit every 2nd shot nice and maximum 2 putt all day.... hopefully its not far away...:) lol

I dont go to the gym just stay active wakeboarding, snowboarding, hockey, golf, baseball etc  lol

im 5 ' 11 194lbs

it consists of topping the ball on my 2nd iron shot

So you can consistently hit the sweet spot with a 45" club swinging with a 130 mph clubhead speed, but you can't even make mediocre contact swinging slower with a shorter club?

Ryan M

it depends 2 rounds ago I was hitting amazing irons and tee shots but bad  3 and 4 putts..i managed a 47 on the front 9 and a 40 on the back 9

last round i hit the big 375- 380 ball i birdied that hole but I shot shot 84 on par 71 .... I topped 6 irons shots that day and putted pretty good  so it was the opposite of the round before ..

I see it daily only to watch them chunk, top or shank the next shot with an iron. People concern themselves with being great off the tee and place less emphasis on the more important parts of your game like iron play, chipping and lag putting.

An old pro once told me this....."No matter what youre going through in life....Never sell your golf clubs."

Im a honest 14 handicap begging of the season i was about 17- 18 and yes my short game does suck,  it consists of topping the ball on my 2nd iron shot which ruins very nice drives about 5 -6 times a round.... also sometimes i drive and hit my 2nd shot good then 3 putt.  :( Im still waiting for the day where i drive every fairway  hit every 2nd shot nice and maximum 2 putt all day.... hopefully its not far away...:) lol I dont go to the gym just stay active wakeboarding, snowboarding, hockey, golf, baseball etc  lol im 5 ' 11 194lbs

So, powerdrives, we get it. You hit ball very far. Do you want to improve the rest of your game? Here's your activity so far: 1. Posting 9 times in a long drive discussion. 0 times in any discussion where you need help. 2. Not posting your swing for analysis. Many of us golfers enjoy all aspects of the game. Sure we would love to drive it 300+, but I think most of us scratch our heads why you are happy being so one dimensional. Post some video sometime. Join other discussions about golf beyond smacking the living crap out of the ball. Maybe you'll improve those areas. Otherwise, these discussion gets old. You hit ball far, great. We get it.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Note: This thread is 1547 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!