IGNORED

100 yards out...what % do you hit the green?

Note: This thread is 5449 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

a 56 degree or PW. and hit the green about 80% of the time i would bet

Driver - SQ SUMO2 9.5 stiff
3 Wood - SQ SUMO2 15* stiff
Hybrid SQ SUMO2 20* stiff
Irons - CCi steel stiff
Wedge - 56*Wedge - Knight 60*Putter - ITraxBall - platinum+Black but soon to be switching to pr0v1 SG 2.5

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I probably average 70%+, but rarely have that distance, since I am a very short hitter. Maybe once or twice a round on par 5s. Most of the misses are out of the rough, extreme slope, etc.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

I hit the green about 75% of the time from that distance. For me, thats a 52* wedge shot, which is a pretty easy shot to hit the green with.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

3/4 swing 56 degree or full swing 53*. Hit the green 3/4 times.

SLDR 430 TP Graphite Design DI-6s
SLDR Mini Driver TP Graphite Design DI-6s
SLDR 4h Matrix Black Tie 95s
Ping G25 4-PW
Ping Gorge 50, 54, 58

Ping Anser IWI

at 100 yards out, i probly hit the green 90-95% of the time. At one of my home courses the greens are very small, so its alot harder to stick it on, but anywhere else my GRI is the above percentage.

Probly around 75%. I fear those shots I always try and leave a longer shot into the green. I always like taken full swings on my aproach shots. So I try and keep it back to around 135 cause it's perfect for my 52 wedge if it's closer than that I just hope I get it close.

Driver: Ping G10 V2 shaft
Fairways: Taylormade R5 15*
Hybrid: Nickent 3dx V2 shaft
Irons: Cobra Carbon cb 3-P
Wedges: Cleveland CG 12 54*, 60*Putter: new one every week

i don't actually know my percentage from 100 yards out, but just the other evening, the course was pretty much empty, and i put down 35 balls 70 yards out from the hole and was hitting them up with a light pitching wedge swing.

out of the 35...

21 were on the green. (so 60% to answer the actual thread topic)

of those 21, 7 were inside of 10 feet.

5 were short of the green.

1 was pin-high left of the green.

6 were behind the pin on the right side of the green.

2 were behind the green (i'd topped both of those).

3/4 swing 56 degree or full swing 53*. Hit the green 3/4 times.

??? typo?

I usually hit it about 90-98% with either a stinger with the PW or a full swing with the 53.

In my stand bag:
909D3 with 10.5 degrees of loft and a 45 inch Fujikura Rombax 6Z08, x-flex
909F3 15* with a stock Diamana Blue
FT 18* with an Aldila NV
X-forged ('07), 3-PW with Project X 6.0 CG12, 53/11, and 58* with DSG Red X2, 33"All with Lamkin Crossline Full Cord. (except the putter of...

85+%, this is the 'scoring' zone, an area left untouched by too many golfers. Go to the short game area as much as you go to the range and you'll have a lot more fun playing golf. Big drives are cool, but sticking it close from 100 yards is so much more rewarding, and after you get good at it even short game practice becomes fun.

I use a 52 degree gap wedge at about an 80% swing. It's one of my favorite shots in golf.

Driver - TaylorMade R7 425
3-Wood - Callaway Original Steelhead
Irons - Ben Hogan 3-PW Apex FTX, Rifle 6.5
Wedges - Titleist Vokey 52, 56, and 60
Putter - Scotty 2004 Newport Beach 1.5

• 3 months later...
3/4 gap wedge or full lob wedge depending on the wind/elevation and the trajectory I want. I don't know what the exact stat is. If the green is big and not tricky, I'd guess a little over 90%. Maybe 80% if it's narrow, or sloped strangely. I'm assuming you're talking about where the ball stops and not where it first hits. I could probably hit 90% of most greens on the fly.

Those numbers are a little ambitious. I actually did some testing on about 50 shots between 90-120 yards on a local par-3 and it's around 83%. Most greens were big and soft. Slight to moderate wind on each shot. My average miss distance was around 15 feet, worst was a 135 yard skull, best was within a foot.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

i probably hit the greens around 65-70% of the time. the only problem is i rarely get them close to the pin and im not the best putter!

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

I would say 95% of the time the 5% would be if you go and really attack the pins in tight spots. But i would say 100yds and in is an area that is crushal to get it tight or in scoring position.

Whats in the my bag,

taylormade.gifR9 TP taylormade.gifSuperfast 3 wood Rescue 19*  712 MB (3-P KBS T shaft)  

SM4 52*,54*,60*   Pickemup 42" Belly Putter  titleist.gifPro V1x  adidas.gif 360 footwear

From 100 yards, I'm putting probably 90% of the time. Sometimes I'll get greedy and go for sticks that I shouldn't or get cute with a front pin placement- either spin the ball off the front or come up a touch short.

I'm a believer in the Rotella theory that you should aim at the hole from this distance. The smaller and more focused the target the better your misses turn out.

Weapons of choice:
Irons/wedges: Titleist Tour Grind
Driver:Titleist 909D2
3 Wood: Tour Edge Exotic
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Schneidikies!!

I just realized with my old, terrible swing, I used to be able to reliably push my 8I exactly 100 yards. It was my favorite yardage.

Now, with my new, great swing, I'm totally lost! I think I'm gonna be using PW now, but just not sure -- #@%!#$%!!!

Lotta good this new swing's gonna do me...

Ping G2 Driver; Titleist 906F2 5W; TM Rescue Mid 3H; Adams Idea Pro 4H; Titleist DTR 3-SW; Callaway Bobby Jones Putter; Ping Hoofer lite

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I suck from everywhere so I wouldn't know... I like never have a 100-yard shot... In fact I played 9 holes today and didn't have one... I'm not long and have a bad back... and I'm only 21 so that's sad... I'm also between 6'4"-6'9" depending on which gas station I walk out of...

Over the course of a year, I know I'm not 100% because I know I hit one a little fat, or suck one off the front, but I'm real close to 99%. Today I missed the green from 105 because I hit the front, then sucked it way down the hill. I had a 30 yrd pitch.....made par

My swing thoughts:

- Negative thinking hurts more than negative swinging.
- I let my swing balance me.
- Full extension back and through to the target. - I swing under not around my body. - My club must not twist in my swing. - Keep a soft left knee

If I've got room behind the green, maybe a parallel-to-the-ground backswing PW or a little choked down PW. I generally have a short backswing, so parallel is taking a little bit off.

If it's tight behind, probably a relaxed swing/full swing very worn SW (Daiwa Hi-Trac 11-iron); maybe risk coming up short or maybe rolling a little closer to the hole.

100 used to be full swing SW for me, but I'm a bit off (or swinging less maniacally) and these days think of that as a 75 yd club.

(I have no GW)

McGolf-Doggie's stand bag & new and used club emporium:
Putter :ping: 1/2Craz-e | Irons :TaylorMade: RAC MB, 4i-PW (DG S300) |Wedges :Cleveland: SW&LW 56*DSG+RTG; 60*/4* DSG+RTG |Woods :Cobra: S1 5W; Adams TIght Lies 3W |Driver :TaylorMade: Burner 9.5 Fujikura Reax S | Maxfli Practice

Note: This thread is 5449 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!