IGNORED

Your Best Shot Ever (not counting Hole in Ones on Par 3's)

PiKapp23
Note: This thread is 4442 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by kevin.chan

Par 3 160yards .. Almost a slam dunk !

LoL!

I wound say a fade shot 175 yards to the pin and there is a tree on between . The tree is like 40 yards in front of me and I have to cut around the brunches to reach the green !

Niiiiiice, but I don't see a pitch mark?

Now THIS....is a pitch mark!!

IMG00007-20111013-1544.jpg

178yd par 3.........7-iron.  I was playing the day after the greens were aerated last fall....hence, all the sand. LOL

I missed the birdie putt....LOL...I blame the missed birdie putt on the freshly aerated greens

• Upvote 1

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Summer of 2008, I'm in Ohio visiting family, hooked up with an old friend & we played The Quarry in Canton. 15th hole, a beautiful dogleg right par-5. Elevated tee, you hit your drive to the corner about 75 feet below tee level, then it bends to the right, all uphill to the green.

I hit a good drive to the corner. I have 230 uphill to the green so I take out my 7-wood to lay up about 50 yards short. I cold-topped the shot, going about 50 yards. I now have 180 to the green, which is my perfect 7-wood distance. I hit it absolutely pure, took one bounce short of the green, then disappeared onto the green - couldn't see the hole since it was uphill...only the top of the flag.

We get to the green, no ball. I look behind the green, no ball. There was only one possibility left. In the hole. It was there.

Best shot I never saw go in the hole.

Probably about a year or 2 after I started playing (~10years ago), I was playing a short 9hole course. The second hole was a short par4 (something like 300yrds). Tee'd it up and sliced it horribly right about 160yrds. The ball came to rest in a ditch that appeared to be a dried up creek. Second shot flew nice somehow right at the flag. It hit the front and appeared to bounce over the green. My brother and I approached the green, found his ball and searched all around the green for mine, but couldn't find it. My brother decided to putt out, and when he grabbed his ball from the hole, he found my Top Flite under his. First eagle of my golfing career. I carried that ball in my bag for some time as a good luck charm.

The same course had a short par 3 that had power lines across the fairway/green. One day I hit a very high/far shot that I thought cleared the green, but the ball struck the power lines and dropped straight down to land within a foot of the hole.

Whether they were my best ever? I don't remember, but they were 2 of the most memorable.

In the Ogio Chamber Cart Bag w/ Ogio X4 Synergy Push Cart: Driver: Adams Super LS 7.5* w/ Harrison Striper H2 60x Fairway: Adams Tight Lies 16* Fairway Wood w/ Harrison Mugen Black 70x Irons: Adams Idea Pro Black CB1 Irons w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (3-PW) Wedges: Yururi Raw Gekku w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (53, 57, & 61) Putter: Never Compromise Gambler Straight Ball: Srixon Z-Star/Z-Star XV Tour Yellow GPS: Garmin Approach G6 Shoes: True Linkswear

Short par 5 to start the back nine.  Push my drive right into the trees.  Am sitting maybe 210-5 from the hole, with a TINY window between the bushy branches of two trees.  Play for miracle golf rather than smart pitch out, hit my 2H absolutely perfect, right through the middle of the tiny window, hop and stop it 4 feet below the hole, sink the eagle putt on my way to a back nine 33 and my best ever round of 74.

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

A couple from a round in 2010. Pushed my drive into the wrong fairway on the par 5 13th. Trying to hit a high drawing 6-iron to the large landing area at about 75 yards, I hit the purest shot and made the green. Missed the eagle putt, but oh wells. Same round on the par 5 16th, I pulled my drive behind a little spruce. Tried to just clear the tree and hit the same shot I'd hit on 13. I did. Left with a similar putt - yeah, I missed that one too. Good times.

2011 - hit a 367 yard drive at Banff Springs. Had to hit a hard hook to keep it on the fairway and it just went forever due to altitude and awesomeness. Same round on the par 5 18th I put my drive through the fairway, thought about laying up, then decided to take a violent lash with a 2-iron instead (a SGI 2-iron though - not a blade). Missed the 15 foot eagle putt, but the old veteran waiting by the green (asking people how they enjoyed their round that day - great place to play) gave me an approving nod so that rocked.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

My best shot ever was knocking one for eagle on a par 4 from about 140 in some nasty wind.   Wind was blowing left to right a little hurt so i choked down on a 7 iron and hit a low draw to combat the wind.  Ball took off low and stayed straight because of the wind...It hit the green about 8 feet past the hole, sucked back in and dropped in for eagle.  And just like my first hole in one, I was playing by myself so there was nobody around to see it.  At least someone in the group ahead of me heard me scream when I hit the hole in one so they at least saw me run up and pull it out of the hole.  No such luck on this one.  Oh well!

DRIVER Taylormade R11S w/ Tour AD DI-7S 3 WOOD Taylormade R11S RIP Phenom Stiff 16.5 HYBRID Taylormade Rocketballz Tour Stiff IRONS 4-6 iron Taylormade MC w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff IRONS 7-PW Taylormade MB w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff WEDGES Titleist Vokey SM4 Black Nickel 52.12, 56.11, 60.10 PUTTER NIKE METHOD 001 33', Taylormade Ghost Spider 33' BAG ADIDAS AG Tour Stand Bag BALLS TITLEIST PRO-V1X SHOESADIDAS ADIPURE GPS SKYCADDIE SGX

It would have to be a shot from the long grass on the outside lip of a bunker.  The ball was barely visible and on a steep downslope.  I had 15 feet of sand to cross to a slightly downhill lie with about 10 feet of green to work with.  I thought that if I could get the ball on the green it would be a miracle.  I was off balance with my left foot in the sand and my right knee nearly on the ground.  I took my stance, tried a practice swing, and nearly fell into the sand.  After regaining my balance I decided to just go at it.  I took a big swing, made perfect contact, and hit the ball nearly straight up (my clubface was as open as I could make it).  The ball hit the fringe and rolled to a stop 3 inches from the hole.  The sad part was that I was at a business meeting and playing with non-golfing colleagues who had absolutely no idea how good my shot was.

my albatross (double eagle) on a 485 or so yard par 5. driver, 7w.

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

It may not have been my best shot ever, but it is the one I best remember.  I was playing by myself on August 12, 2006.  I had been playing for 2 years at this point.  I was on the first hole, a par 5 and I hit my drive just off the fairway into a group of different sized trees.

As I was walking to my ball, my cell phone rings and my sister is on the phone.  She told me that my Dad had just died.  I thought about whether I should turn around and head home, but I lived 3 hours from my parents and my Dad had been in hospice for about a week and we had already said our goodbys.  So I decided to keep playing.  I took out my 3 wood.  At this time in my golfing career a 3 wood was a very iffy proposition off the deck.  I proceeded to hit is under the overhanging branches of one tree, over the next and about 200 yards down the fairway.  The best 3 wood I had hit to date.

I finished 9 holes and have no idea what my score was but I will always remember that 3-wood.

Loyalty above all else, except honor.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I couldn't even remember if I tried.  I never regard a single shot as indicative of anything.  I only pay attention to averages.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

Originally Posted by bunkerputt

I couldn't even remember if I tried.  I never regard a single shot as indicative of anything.  I only pay attention to averages.

I see your point - sort of. An approach with a short iron could just as easily leave an 8 footer or be holed out with essentially the same stroke and contact. I wouldn't consider holeouts especially great, having done it a few times and knowing that I've hit more satisfying shots (usually involving going under, over, or through trees, out of long rough, bunkers or other similar "cross your fingers and hope" type shots) that never came close to scaring the cup.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

120 yard SW for Eagle. This was about 11-12 years ago.Worked at a local course and I was borrowing the head pro's old set of Wedges. First hole, hit my drive, than was farther out than I hit a SW, but I was kind of anxious to try them out. Hit it, didnt think much but as I watched it hit the green, caught a slope and went in. The Head Greens keeper was standing there watching it, as the first hole of that particular 9 went right by the maintenence shed. It was the first time I holed out for eagle. Also the only good/lucky shot I ever hit with the damn club.. lol

Titleist 913 D3
Taylormade RBZ 3 Wood

Taylormade RBZ 3 Hybrid

Taylormade RBZ 4 Hybrid

MIzuno MP52 5-PW

MIzuno 52* MP-T10 Wedge

Mizuno 56* R Series Wedge

Mizuno 60* R Series Wedge
Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 Notchback

• 2 weeks later...

I mentioned before that I've had 10 career par 4 deuces over the years.   It's funny how we never forget the exact details for shots like that...... I can still recall the exact details of each one of them.....which hole I was playing, the yardage to the pin, which clubs I used, remembering seeing the ball in flight and dropping///or not seeing it drop due to being obscured from view......etc, etc...  My home course is a traditional par 72 course with TEN par 4s......and I've scored a 2 on SEVEN of them.....LOL

What's in Paul's Bag:

One time I was playing my home course and the idiots in the group in front of me kept driving their cart onto the green even after I and another guy in my group said something to them. Now I'm no model golfer, but I do have respect for the course and that wasn't right, so I decided on one hole I would speed up and try to get to my second shot into the green quickly. Now it was a longshot, but I lined it up and was going to try to hit the cart, which was about 160 yards away. I didn't hit the cart but did manage to drop my ball inside of the ahole's putt, which was awesome. there was even an inch deep ball mark in his line! We had words at the next tee box and they tried to explain that one of their guys had bad knees and needed to drive onto the green. Well then you can't play this couse, Dbreath!!! They didn't make the turn, packed it in and left after 9 holes. Score one for me and my home course.

Back in 2006, I was playing in an outing at Rockaway River CC here in NJ. We come to the 12th hole which is a really tight, blind uphill, sideways slanting 295 yard par 4. The other guys in my group immediately take out irons, so I let them go first, while I'm debating what to do. Not one of them manages to get a ball in the fairway, so I'm like what the hell, I might as well go for it seeing how hard it is to keep the ball in the short grass anyway. So, I rip one right right up the middle, but you can't see the green, so none of us on the tee box could tell where it ended up. Once we arrive at the green, we see it's a foot and a half away for a tap in eagle.

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

Originally Posted by bertspro

One time I was playing my home course and the idiots in the group in front of me kept driving their cart onto the green even after I and another guy in my group said something to them.

On the green?  Really?

Wow...I've been playing a long time and never seen that......I've seen plenty of idiots driving too close or driving into areas they shouldn't, but I've never seen that....

That is nuts...I hope you nailed them good...LOL

What's in Paul's Bag:

Playing "Lost Tracks" in Bend, OR for the first time.  Got to a par 5 on the front 9 and it was a blind straight-left dogleg.  From the map, it appeared you could try and cut the corner and at worst, end up in some high grass.  Hit (what I thought) a perfect drive, only to get up there and realize that the 'high grass' area was actually a big ravine and marked as a hazard.  The best shot was the one that came next, dropped back from the point of entry into the hazard and realized that from here you have a clear 230 yd (mostly carry) shot to the green.  Smoked a 3-wood onto the green about 3 ft from the hole.  Tap-in birdie!

In my :nike:  bag on my :clicgear: cart ...

Driver: :ping: G10 9*    3-Wood: :cleveland: Launcher
Hybrid: :adams: 20* Hybrid      Irons: :ping: i5 4-GW - silver dot, +1/2"
Wedges: :cleveland: 56* (bent to 54*) and 60* CG10     Putter: :ping: Craz-e (original blue)

Note: This thread is 4442 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!