IGNORED

Favorite movie

MI Rob
Note: This thread is 3516 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Quote:

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

I think you and I might be related.  Not that the rest of the movies aren't all great (well, the ones I've seen, not sure about the French one, Woody allen ones, Shining, Program, Predator) but these 3 in particular are way, way up there.  Boogie Nights is an absolute masterpiece, Fargo is freaking hilarious, and if you put the movie on the TV and turned the sound off I could pretty much provide ALL of the dialogue for Few Good Men. :)

EDIT:  I just went up and read my old post in here and apparently I'm just repeating myself. :)

Rent the Shining and Predator immediately!!!!

I dunno if they're you're cup of tea, but I'm borderline obsessed with both of those movies. Predator is just a straight up 80s action flick. And the Shining is, well.... a pretty damn awesome movie. Hard to describe that one. Watch it by yourself with the lights off ... I wonder how good or bad it would be seeing it as an adult for the first time. I saw it as a little kid and was traumatized for years.

The Woody Allen ones are certainly great if you are a devoted Woody Allen fan like myself. Otherwise, they are pretty easy to dislike, or even hate. I love the philosophical questions Woody asks in those movies though.

Stardust Memories in particular is really only for the most hardcore Allen fans. Crimes and Misdemeanors and Hannah and Her Sisters are the two most accessible awesome ones that most movie goers seem to have forgotten these day.

The French Movie is heavy.... saw it on a whim when I was about thirteen and have always loved it.

The Program was a movie I used to watch and quote with friends all the time growing up. Predator too.

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yeah, those 2 are on the list of movies I'm kind of embarrassed to admit that I've never seen.  Come to think of it, Alien (and Aliens) are also on that list.

Rent the Shining and Predator immediately!!!! I dunno if they're you're cup of tea, but I'm borderline obsessed with both of those movies. Predator is just a straight up 80s action flick. And the Shining is, well.... a pretty damn awesome movie. Hard to describe that one. Watch it by yourself with the lights off :-P ... I wonder how good or bad it would be seeing it as an adult for the first time. I saw it as a little kid and was traumatized for years.  The Woody Allen ones are certainly great if you are a devoted Woody Allen fan like myself. Otherwise, they are pretty easy to dislike, or even hate. I love the philosophical questions Woody asks in those movies though. Stardust Memories in particular is really only for the most hardcore Allen fans. Crimes and Misdemeanors and Hannah and Her Sisters are the two most accessible awesome ones that most movie goers seem to have forgotten these day. The French Movie is heavy.... saw it on a whim when I was about thirteen and have always loved it.  The Program was a movie I used to watch and quote with friends all the time growing up. Predator too.

Yeah, I think I was like 8 when I saw The Shining. WAY TOO YOUNG!!! For accessible Woody Allen don't forget Manhattan Murder Mystery.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Alien > Aliens. No question.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Quote:

Yeah, those 2 are on the list of movies I'm kind of embarrassed to admit that I've never seen.  Come to think of it, Alien (and Aliens) are also on that list.

You gotta see Aliens. Aliens is so badass. You don't even need to see Alien to love Aliens. Alien is obviously a classic though.

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

Quote:

I dunno if they're you're cup of tea, but I'm borderline obsessed with both of those movies. Predator is just a straight up 80s action flick. And the Shining is, well.... a pretty damn awesome movie. Hard to describe that one. Watch it by yourself with the lights off  ... I wonder how good or bad it would be seeing it as an adult for the first time. I saw it as a little kid and was traumatized for years.

The Woody Allen ones are certainly great if you are a devoted Woody Allen fan like myself. Otherwise, they are pretty easy to dislike, or even hate. I love the philosophical questions Woody asks in those movies though.

Stardust Memories in particular is really only for the most hardcore Allen fans. Crimes and Misdemeanors and Hannah and Her Sisters are the two most accessible awesome ones that most movie goers seem to have forgotten these day.

The French Movie is heavy.... saw it on a whim when I was about thirteen and have always loved it.

The Program was a movie I used to watch and quote with friends all the time growing up. Predator too.

Yeah, I think I was like 8 when I saw The Shining. WAY TOO YOUNG!!!

For accessible Woody Allen don't forget Manhattan Murder Mystery.

True, forgot about that one. I left a lot out. Guy makes a movie every 11 months it seems.

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

Alien > Aliens.

No question.

Gotta disagree there. Respectfully of course.

Aliens has the humor to go with all the crazy action.

Constantine

Gotta disagree there. Respectfully of course. :-D Aliens has the humor to go with all the crazy action.

Fair enough. Both great movies but IMHO Alien is a cinematic masterpiece, so claustrophobic and such a stellar cast. Also probably one if the most imitated sci-fi movies ever.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

• Administrator

I like some of the others, but I don't think this one has been mentioned yet. Unless I mentioned it somewhere else on the site. Google doesn't seem to think I have.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I like some of the others, but I don't think this one has been mentioned yet. Unless I mentioned it somewhere else on the site. Google doesn't seem to think I have. [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/77609/] [/URL]

I forgot all about that movie! That was a great movie. Now I want to watch it again.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Originally Posted by nevets88

I am sensing a theme there...hmm...if I figure it out I will let everyone know.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Ran by Kurosawa, Aguirre by Herzog, Fitzcarraldo by Herzog, Master of the Flying Guillotine by Yu Wang, The Blade by Tsui Hark, Stalker by Tarkovsky

Superfast 12 LS Driver set at 10*w/ProLaunch red shaft

:callaway:RazrFitXtreme w/MatrixBlackTie 15*:adams:Idea ProBlack hybrid 16*:adams: Idea ProBlack Hybrid 20*  :callaway: RazrX Forged 4-PW  CG14  54* S Wedge

Idea A3 60*  L wedge

:rife: IBF Aussie Tour Blade putter

Quite likely the funniest movie I have ever seen. Stupid, but funny.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

I usually go with what i can watch over and over again and not get bored with, some movies just sit on the shelf, some get played. I can probably think about a couple dozen i like, but these are usually what come to mind first

Shawshank Redemption

12 angry men (pinnacle of an actors movie, 1 room, 12 people, act :p)

Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade (personal childhood favorite)

Forest Gump

Matrix (The first movie)

The Usual Suspects (these type are probably my favorite, slight of hand movies that lead you by the noise, just to pull the carpet out from under you at the end, brilliant!!!!)

Not a big fan of horror movies.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Favorite funny movies:

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

The original Tropic Thunder:

Can't believe I forgot to add this one.

I would make fun of you, but I'm pretty embarrassed that I forgot it as well.  That original list you made had a lot of movies on it too.

Tell me, Jetfan ... would you say that you had a plethora of favorite movies?

Quote:

The original Tropic Thunder:

Can't believe I forgot to add this one.

I would make fun of you, but I'm pretty embarrassed that I forgot it as well.  That original list you made had a lot of movies on it too.

Tell me, Jetfan ... would you say that you had a plethora of favorite movies?

Uhh.... Yes, Guapodad. I have, uh, a plethora....?

Constantine

Note: This thread is 3516 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!