IGNORED

The Haney Project: Can Haney Fix Barkley’s Swing?

Uber$winG
Note: This thread is 5331 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Can Haney Fix Barkley’s Swing?

• YES
    • NO
    • MAYBE
    • WHO CARES?

Haney is a stud, he can fix anyone

Whats in the bag?
909 D3 8.5* UST Mamiya Tour Green X
909 F3 13* UST ATTAS X
909 F3 18* UST ATTAS X
909 H 21* DG S300 735cm chrome 5-PW DG S300 54.08 SM 58.04 SM 64.07 SM Studio Select Newport 2 Sonic Blue Dot...

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haney is a top golf coach. If he cannot help then he should find new employment. I feel that he will help greatly fix the swing. It may not be beautiful, but it will be better then before.

I LMAO everytime I see the commercial...especialy in the one shot where he's wearing a yellow shirt and it looks like he's trying to swing the club, but it looks like someone is tugging on strings and not letting him...LOL...so funny. I don't know if I am going cry laughing or puke watching this show.

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

I wouldnt watch to intensively if i were you. After seeing his vids on Youtube for the first time, i actually dreamt of it that night - THAT cant be good..... since i prefer to dream of - lets say - fluent and efficent swings.

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50° CG12 DSG 54° & 60°

I'm looking forward to it, but agree; it makes me a bit nervous watching it in case it is contagious. It's like seeing your buddy shank one; you laugh your ass off, but then when you have to hit next, it's on the brain I burst out laughing at the commercial when he has the yellow shirt on and does the triple hitch; my son who is 7 even asked why that guy has such a bad golf swing

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

Hopefully he can "fix" Barkleys alleged predriving activities.

By fix his swing, I'm thinking you mean have Barkley make a smooth swing at the ball (without the hitch) Yes, he will be able to fix that aspect. However, Barkley has proven to be prone to overthinking and/or mental blocks (apparently he used to swing well at the ball before some lesson he had). Those with profound overthinking and/or mental blocks will tend to have constant difficulties with the golf swing. I would refer Barkley to a hypnotist. I wonder if Haney will do this.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

I will be watching... The promos look hysterical... Plus Feherty, George Lopez, Brett Hull (I'm a big hockey fan), and TA III are on the show... Looks like entertaining TV to me

apex53
In my bag:
Titleist 913D3 9.5
Titleist 913F 15

Titleist 913H 19, 913H21

Titleist 712CB 5-P Titleist Vokey 54, 58 Scotty Cameron Fastback Titleist ProV1x

Is anyone else as excited about watching Charles Barkley try and fix his swing as I am? HAHA
What's In The Bag?

Driver - Rapture 10.5 Epic 68g X-Pure - Balance Certified
Fairway Metal - Titleist PT 18°
Irons - Mizuno MP-67 3-PW Project X 6.0 Wedges - Mizunos R Series Chrome 52°, 56°, 58° Project X 6.0 Putter - Yes! C-Groove Callie-f - Balance Certified Bag - Ping Freestyle...

Not really. I kind of like Barkley's swing as is. It's so funny to watch...just don't think about it when you're golfing . It might be interesting though. If it's good, let me know and I'll start watching it. It's a series right...not just like two shows?

In my Ogio Ozone Bag:
TM Superquad 9.5* UST Proforce 77g Stiff
15* Sonartec SS-2.5 (Pershing stiff)
19* TM Burner (stock stiff)
4-U - PING i10 White dot, +1.25 inches, ZZ65 stiff shafts55*/11* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)60*/12* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)Ping i10 1/2 MoonTitleist ProV1

It should be entertaining, so I'll watch. I just want to see the process because Barkley's swing is so unorthodox and also to see if Haney is worth his reputation. Hope it will be good.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

I'm looking forward to it,should be good and might pick up a few tips myself

aeroburner tp 10.5 stiff
superfast tp 2.0 3 wood stiff
Halo 25 and taylormade tp 19 degree hybrids
miura cb 202 and wedge
tp 52* wedge, tp 56* taylormade spider mallet putter

comcast aired it earley on demand its ok.
I think charles just did this to make money like normal. show is ok to watch as a time killer
Driver: Slazengar RD 13 Degree.
3 Wood. Burrows Mac 15 Degree.
Irons: CrossBax 3I 4I 5 - PW
Putter :teardrop:
Ball Pro V1

I think Haney being able to fix Barkley's swing has as much to do with Haney's teaching skills as Barkley's willingness to listen and work at it.

I did catch the first episode on Comcast on demand and it is pretty entertaining. Haney is having him to some pretty interesting drills, so it is educational as well.

Just watched the first episode... Very entertaining... The practice facility where they filmed this show is about 10 minutes from my house... The crazy thing about that practice range is that there is a pond in front of the tee... The practice balls are "floaters"... The first time I practiced there I couldn't believe it.

apex53
In my bag:
Titleist 913D3 9.5
Titleist 913F 15

Titleist 913H 19, 913H21

Titleist 712CB 5-P Titleist Vokey 54, 58 Scotty Cameron Fastback Titleist ProV1x

As someone new to golf, the show is very entertaining so far. My only beef is that there's so much filler! The narrative is repetitive. I get it- Charles's swing is bad.

I can't argue with Haney's teachings though, Charles is so damn lucky!!!

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
As someone new to golf, the show is very entertaining so far. My only beef is that there's so much filler! The narrative is repetitive. I get it- Charles's swing is bad.

I'm willing to give them a pass on the first episode. They had to set it up so that if/when he improves, we all know from where he came...

If they do that every episode, well, it'll get real tiresome, real fast.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm willing to give them a pass on the first episode. They had to set it up so that if/when he improves, we all know from where he came...

I agree, although I would say most of the viewers of this episode should by now already know Barkley's swing is the way it is. It certainly is no mystery that Charles' swing has been the butt of jokes for quite some time. That being said, I'm not surprised at the way they produced the episode and would hope from here on out they focus on his changes.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Note: This thread is 5331 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!