IGNORED

How much is your golf set worth?

Note: This thread is 3014 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just bought a set of Titleis AP2s 3-PW = 720 pounds. Also got a 910 driver, 15 deg and 13.5 deg fairway woods and a 19 and 17 deg hybrids = around 1,100 pounds at top price. Vokey wedges - I have many of these but say 3 in the bag at any one time = about 300 pounds. Scotty Cameron putter - around 250 pounds. Total = around 2370 pounds. The bag, balls (ProV1 at 55 pounds a dozen), gloves, rain gear, electric trolley, SkyCaddy, etc. etc. etc. - how long is a piece of string? The insurance policies don't even start to cover all of this. You have to take out policies that cover you for international play even though you may never leave the country, (I'm in the UK by the way).

Driver 99 on sale

Putter 99 on sale

Woods 150 for both (off ebay one used, one new)

Hybrids 5 of them 325 (one used the rest new on sale)

Irons (not all in the bag but part of the price) 160 bought used and re gripped .

SW 70 bucks used off ebay (I wanted a BB wedge)

sub total 753

whats my bag of clubs  worth to me? After research, shopping, and lots of practice?

Good days on the course...priceless.

bad days....a big fat zero, but I still have em!

In my  bag:

Driver, Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 9.5 stiff

3, 5 woods: Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15,18 degrees Stiff

2 hybrid: Callaway Diable Edge Tour 18 degrees R (out when the 5 wood is in)

3,6 hybrids: Callaway Diablo Edge 21 S and 30 degrees R

4,5 hybrids: Callaway Razr X HL 24 and 27 degrees Stiff

7-AW irons: Callaway Razr HL graphite R shafts 

SW 54 Callaway X Series Jaws CC Slate Fujikura Graphite Stiff

Putter: Odessey White Ice 1 Blade Putter. 

Ball...looking for any ball that hates water, sand, long grass, and getting lost in the woods. 

I can't find any, so forced to use ones that seem to love all the above. 

• 3 months later...
Taylor Made RBZ Stage II Driver: $199 Taylor Made RBZ 3-Wood: $179 Cleveland 2i hybrid: $99 Nike slingshot irons: $250 Wedges: $150 Cleveland putter: $80 Total: $957 if my math is right.
Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Taylormade R9 460 driver - $250 Titleist 910D 3-Wood - $180? Cobra Amp Cell Hybrid - $170? Mizuno MP-64 4-PW - $875 Titleist Vokey 52 - $120 Titleist Vokey 56 - $120 Mizuno MP-T11 60 - $120 Odyssey Metal-X Putter - $160 Total - $1995 o.o

Let me see.. PING TISI driver about €600 PING Anser 4 wood about €235 PING ISI irons: 1,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,W,S2,LW €1500 Vokey lob wedge €135 Odyssey dual force mallet 330 €250 Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #1 €200 (eBay, demo club) Odyssey black series 1 €129 (eBay, demo club) Clic gear trolley and bag €400 Ping super light carry bag €229 Shoes, clothing, and small miscellaneous stuff I'd say about €750 I have and Odyssey 52 degree wedge somewhere. Maybe the worst club I ever bought, was €130-ish I think. Driver is the most expensive I've ever bought, crazy prices back 10-11 years back. Three putters isn't that bad, somehow I don't really like the Scotty though and the mallet is too heavy. I want a new driver, that'll probably set me back another €500-700 depending on the shaft. And with that I'll break €6000 spent on equipment (in 14 years). All but hat odyssey wedge and the ping lob wedge was fitted, so yes I buy retail and I spend much more on the same stuff. But I have the shafts that are best for me and the lie and length that suits me best.

Originally Posted by Floris

Let me see..

PING TISI driver about €600

PING Anser 4 wood about €235

PING ISI irons: 1,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,W,S2,LW €1500

Vokey lob wedge €135

Odyssey dual force mallet 330 €250

Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #1 €200 (eBay, demo club)

Odyssey black series 1 €129 (eBay, demo club)

Clic gear trolley and bag €400

Ping super light carry bag €229

Shoes, clothing, and small miscellaneous stuff I'd say about €750

I have and Odyssey 52 degree wedge somewhere. Maybe the worst club I ever bought, was €130-ish I think.

Driver is the most expensive I've ever bought, crazy prices back 10-11 years back.

Three putters isn't that bad, somehow I don't really like the Scotty though and the mallet is too heavy.

I want a new driver, that'll probably set me back another €500-700 depending on the shaft. And with that I'll break €6000 spent on equipment (in 14 years). All but hat odyssey wedge and the ping lob wedge was fitted, so yes I buy retail and I spend much more on the same stuff. But I have the shafts that are best for me and the lie and length that suits me best.

Shits expensive in the Netherlands.... $800 for an old driver and $2000 for old irons...in mericun currency... wow

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

If you read correctly.. I bought those brand spanking new and had them fitted, somewhere 12-13 years back too. Don't remember the exact shaft in the driver (I'm thinking an Aldila), club is in the car and I'm inside :P

Wishon 752 irons (s300 shafts) $550 Wishon 321 hybrid Aerotech shaft $100 Putter $40 TM Superfast Driver $100 ebay Callaway Steelhead III 4+ wood $50 So about $850. This is in Australia where cheap or good value is a lost concept.

Originally Posted by Floris

If you read correctly.. I bought those brand spanking new and had them fitted, somewhere 12-13 years back too.

Don't remember the exact shaft in the driver (I'm thinking an Aldila), club is in the car and I'm inside :P

Still waaaaaay higher than here.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

$474 Total

----------------

Driver  $200  RBZ new

3wood $100

Irons     $50  ebay

Putter   $35  new 25 years ago

SW      $89

Hybrid  $  0  won it in a golf tournament

The most difficult distance in golf is the six inches between your ears.

Still waaaaaay higher than here.

Equipment is very expensive here. Example: Pro V1 balls.. Cheapest I've found is about €52/dozen (new) that's just over $67 Another example: Clic gear 3.0 cart €189 or $245 Taylormade R1 with stock shaft and grip: €349 and that's $452 I'm in the market for a new driver, looking at a Titliest 913D3 with a custom shaft (not all too exotic), will set me back about €500 at least, that's $650 without doing anything exotic. I'm thinking of paying for a fitting so I don't have to buy the equipment, I can save hundreds of dollars on the driver, shaft for the wood and the hybrids alone.

Worth? Funny question. It's not worth diddly to someone else. They will not appreciate the work and $$$ it took to search, customize, and build that set for me. So they won't pay me its fair market value ... it's worth. My clubs are worth more than what I paid to me. The time it took to find them is priceless. To some guy out there in the cold, cruel, real world - its worth is probably 15-25% or less of what I paid. It's value drops faster than a car. Once it's hit, forget it - you're looking at 50-75% of retail on new models that are 9/10 depending on demand. Less for non-major OEMs.

At least you realize this, so many people on eBay selling used clubs for the same price I cn I buy brand new... I'm like "really dude?" Back on topic: Driver: $180 3 Wood: $150 5 wood: $3 (off brand at christmas time, had to grab) Hybrid: $40 (did good one this one!) Irons: $750 Wedge: $35 Putter: $40 Bag: $130 Total: $1328 so far... Very happy with it now though, so hopefully I can focus on spending funds on rounds instead for awhile.

Driver: $180 when I bought it

3 Wood: $240

Irons 3-PW: $1300

Wedges: $200ish...?

Putter: $200

Total: $2120 but I only paid about $1100.

Mizuno only asked for $400 for the irons and two wedges came with them for free. So did the bag.

Driver: PING G15 Used, $110 5 Wood: $25 Irons: PING G15 New, $430 Wedges: Vokey, 52* and 56* Used, 40 each Putter: $25 The putter and 5 Wood are from a 14 club starter set that cost about 200 bucks new, so I made a rough estimate there. Total, $670-700 if you count the bag, which is also from the starter set. I have 12 clubs as it stands, I'll be replacing the 5 Wood and putter eventually. - I made a deal with myself: No new clubs till I break 100 twice- My plan is to replace the 5 Wood with a 4 Wood and a 3 Hybrid, then the putter, if I can find one that easily outperforms the old one. I'll still have room for another club, which may eventually be a Lob Wedge, but I certainly don't need that anytime soon. Also want to replace the bag. I said all that to say this: 700 for everything is great for now. But it's going to go up!!! Haha

Irons Taylormade TP MC 4-p kbs c taper 1100

Driver Taylormade burner superfast 2.0  tp 399

Hybrid Taylormade Rescue 11 190

Titleist 910h 220

Wedges Cobra trusty rusty 360

putter Yes! callie 12 170

3 wood Adams Speedline Fast 12 200

Bag Srixon Lightweight, not released yet 300

Total New 3893

Value now based on pga value guide for resale

Irons 354.09

driver 74.26

hybrid rescue 11 41.20

hybrid 910h 65.88

wedges 37.94 x2

putter 54.48

3 wood 46.44

bag not here yet, in route 300

total 1012.63

I think I just cried

In my  stand bag

:titleist:910d2 8.5*

speedline fast 12 3w 

910h 17* 

:titleist: 712 cb/mb 3-p

:mizuno: MP-T4 56* 60*

:nike: method 001 

:srixon: tour yellow z star xv 

• 5 months later...
Appx $1600.00 but I'm an ebay junkie...I own several sets. irons 800 driver 200 putter 150 3 w 100 hybrids and wedges 250 bag 150

In the :ogio: Cart Bag :cleve: Launcher 9.5° Stiff :dunlop: 15° 3W Stiff :wilson_staff: D100 / 19 & 22° Hybrids Stiff :adams: CB3 Irons 4-GW Steel :adams: A7OS 54.5° SW :nike: 60/06 V Red LW :cobra: 35" Face Balanced Mallet Putter

Note: This thread is 3014 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!