IGNORED

Eagles?

Ian
Note: This thread is 4996 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. How many eagles have you had in your lifetime?

• 1 Eagle
    • 2 Eagles
    • 3 Eagles
    • 4 Eagles
    • 5 Eagles
    • 6 Eagles
    • 7 Eagles
    • 8 Eagles
    • 9+ Eagles
    • Ive never had an eagle :(

I eagled the first hole at Crystal Falls GC in Leander yesterday with a 225 yard 4-iron to the collar followed by a chip-in. What a crappy way to start the round for someone who is struggling with already way-too-high expectations of himself. It was a terrible round other than that and the short birdie run I had on the back 9. I made a +5 on one hole. That hole took 3 balls off the tee to get the ball in play. It was also the only hole I attempted to use my driver. Those first two balls were gone. LONG GONE. I couldn't even see the first one in the air. Such is golf.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't remember, I put 3, but it's probably 5 or maybe a few more. There was one hole where I used to play that was about 500 yds, but they last 200 yds or so was seriously down hill. I could hit 3w, 5i into that hole a lot of times and sometimes managed to knock in the 10-20 ft putt I'd have.

Driver: 909 D3 Diamana Blue
3 wood Ti Bubble 2
Hybrid: Burner Rescue 19 S Fujikura
4-PW: ZB NS Pro 100 S
GW: 51 VokeySW: 55 VokeyLW: 60 BeCuPutter: Red X3 or Del Mar 2 TeI3Ball: TP Red LDP or Pro V1x

three for me - i've managed one eagle a year for the past three years.

...dang, talk about polarized. a full 60% of people who have voted thus far have either had ZERO eagles or 9+ eagles.

• 1 month later...
I eagled a 300 yard par 4 today with a wind assisted drive followed by a chip-in. There was a tractor out on the course aerating the fairways, so I'm pretty sure it got zero roll (fist sized mud clumps every 6 inches). In fact, I saw one of my tee shots stripe the middle, hit a clump, and go shooting straight left into some rubble. Plus the greens were just sanded. I shouldn't have played at all and had to cut it short. The eagle was a nice cap to frustrating playing conditions... That's my second eagle in roughly a month. Good evidence that my hard work is starting to pay off.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

...dang, talk about polarized. a full 60% of people who have voted thus far have either had ZERO eagles or 9+ eagles.

Was just thinking this after voting, heh.

I'm on zero, though I've come incredibly close, thanks to a 110y PW landing, bouncing once and hitting the flagstick real low. Pretty much as low as it could without slipping in, looking from a distance away. Of course, it bounced to about 10ft and I missed the birdie putt. Of course.

I got my very first eagle yesterday so stoked.
So I am off the big 0 eagles.

They say golf is like life, but don't believe them. Golf is more complicated than that.

Never had one in the 2 years I have been playing, did have an Eagle put when I drove a short par 4 (297yrds) earlier this year, it was about a 20 footer and I ended up sailing it by due to adrenalin and missed the return Birdie put as well LOL

:tmade: M2 10.5° - Fujikura Pro 60 - Stiff
:tmade: V-Steel 18° - M.A.S Ultralight- Stiff
:ping: G400 4-UW - AWT 2.0 - Stiff
:tmade: Tour Preferred 58° ATV - KBS Tour-V - Wedge
:scotty_cameron: Select SquareBack - 34" - SuperStroke MS 2.0

One thing I thought was funny is that 40% of the people have had zero eagles. That's funny, usually people who can bomb it 300 on average do pretty well on eagle stats. I would'a thought sandtrappers would be all over the eagles

[ Equipment ]

I average about 260 on my drives. My distances with my irons are better than average, however. I've got 2 eagles in 2 years. One was a 35 ft putt and the other was a 30-40 yd pitch.

Also, most of the par 5s I play, I'll usually come up 30 yds short of the green on purpose to get birdie, so I don't get a lot of looks with the flatstick.

I started out eagle-eagle in practice for my high school a few years ago. 1 is a short par 5 about 475 yards and I knocked it to 10 feet and made it then 2 is a par 4 about 380 i hit hybrid and 52* out of the right rough into the hole. I was a little disappointed when my 2nd shot didnt go in on the par 4 3rd lol.

Driver: Titleist 905R 9.5 UST V2
3-wood: Ping TiSi 15*
Hybrid: Cobra Baffler Pro 18*
Irons: Mizuno MP-30
Wedges: 52* Cleveland CG12, 58* Vokey Spin MilledPutter: Ping Lil' C belly putterBall: Pro V1xwww.crestwoodcc.org

I was playing a 490-yard, dogleg left par 5 in 1989. Half-topped a long running drive, and knocked a 4-wood just over the green. I then sank a 20-foot 8-iron chip for the eagle.

Wild tee shots have cost me three other eagles. Every few of years, I birdie a hole despite having a penalty stroke.

Thus, if I hadn't pushed my drive into the creek, or taken an unplayable lie from against a tree trunk, etc., ... that approach or pitch-and-run I sank would have been an eagle, not a birdie.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

had 3 in the past 2 weeks.
1st: short part 5. 270 to the center of the fairway on a dog-leg left par 5. after you reach it..it's about 250 to the green down hill.
I hit a perfect 5 wood from the 1st cut. and had a little under 10 feet on a pin high putt.

2nd: short par 4. 3 wood off of the tee. 70 yards away for my approach shot. 3/4 sand wedge perfectly...it hit, bounced and you saw the ball disappear into the cup.

3rd: REALLY short par 4. 3 wood off the tee...30 yards left to the center. I played the hole earlier in the day so I already knew where to aim for and it would trickle into the hole.. my brother was on the green....it's an elevated green. I chipped it and it feel great and said ok I'll be happy with a birdie.. my brother screams GET IN (it's his 2nd month playing golf..he gets excited).. and he goes holy sh** you got an eagle... I was all happy and said whooo awesome...took my ball out of the cup and was kind of mad I didn't watch it go in.

he talks about seeing my eagle chip go in more than I do... This is the 1st time I've talked about it actually.
DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

I average about 260 on my drives. My distances with my irons are better than average, however. I've got 2 eagles in 2 years. One was a 35 ft putt and the other was a 30-40 yd pitch.

Aside from my first ace, my first 4 or 5 eagles were all chip ins on par 5's. Even though I'd had several chances for eagle putts, I just never seemed to find the hole. I was beginning to wonder if I'd ever sink an eagle putt, and the first one I finally holed was only from 5 feet.

So just keep hitting those shots close to the green and polish your short game.... sounds like you give yourself a fair number of opportunities for eagle chips.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

played with a buddy and his bro today...
on the very first hole... his bro's approach shot went in for eagle... i didnt even see it cuz i was looking for my dang ball in the rough
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

2 eagles:

1st one was a hole-in-one my first year playing on a short par 3. second was a chip in from right in front of the green on a par 5. hope there are many more to come! they feel so great.

In My Bag:
Driver: ERC Fusion 10* stiff
3W: Big Bertha Fusion 13* stiff
5W: Big Bertha 2004 15* firm
7W: Big Bertha 2004 21* firm3H: IHS 20* med firm4H: IHS 23* med firm5I-PW: IHS reg steelAW: Mercedes Catalyst Hybrid 52* SW: Mercedes Catalyst Hybrid 56*LW: Mercedes Catalyst Hybrid 60*LW: FX 64*

5 this year. 3 on the same hole. 2 on the same hole at a different course.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

I shot one yesterday on a Par 4 and another last month an a par 5.

I think this year i m kinda lucky , total around 6 to 7 to date.

I start to collect the ball which i shot eagles and write the info on the balls.
What I Play:
913D3 9.5°Diamana Kai'li 70 Stiff  "C3" | 910F 15°, Diamana Kai'li 80 Stiff "D2" | 910H 19°,  Diamana Kai'li for Titleist 85 Hybrid Stiff | Titleist 714 AP2 4 to P Aerotech Steelfiber i110 S | SM4 Vokey 50.12, 54.14 & SM5 60.11K| 34" Edel Umpqua + 40g Counter Weight

Note: This thread is 4996 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!