IGNORED

Pet Peeves

Ben
Note: This thread is 5370 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

When I try to pass someone on the road and the speed up so I have to speed up even more. Then they either slow way down or pass me within the next 5 minutes like I reminded them that they were going to slow and they could not have me in front of them for the current trip. That really pisses me off. Annoying drivers in general.
What's In The Bag?

Driver - Rapture 10.5 Epic 68g X-Pure - Balance Certified
Fairway Metal - Titleist PT 18°
Irons - Mizuno MP-67 3-PW Project X 6.0 Wedges - Mizunos R Series Chrome 52°, 56°, 58° Project X 6.0 Putter - Yes! C-Groove Callie-f - Balance Certified Bag - Ping Freestyle...

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When an active person repeatedly trains movement, often of the same activity, in an effort to stimulate the mind’s adaptation process, the outcome is to induce physiological changes which attain increased levels of accuracy through repetition. Even though the process is really brain-muscle memory or motor memory, the colloquial expression "muscle memory" is commonly used (wikipedia.com).

I hereby declare the condemnation of "muscle memory" for the more appropriate phrase of "motor memory."

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

I hereby declare the condemnation of "muscle memory" for the more appropriate phrase of "motor memory."

What is the purpose of practice? I practice to improve feel and muscle memory.
DBake
Titleist 909D3 10.5* Tour Green 89 Stiff
Titleist 906F2 15* v2 85 Stiff
Mizuno MP-30 2-PW S300
Mizuno MP-R 52* & 59*Scotty Cameron Studio Design 1.5Titleist Pro V1Leupold GX-1The Home Course (75.7/130)

You know what really grinds my gears:

Raisin Bran - there's never enough raisins.
People who walk with their feet pointed outwards...

Most people that walk with their feet pointed out don't really have a choice.

Clerks in stores who think stupidity is a virue...

Thanks for the laff.

I can't find any reliable links that confirm or deny categorically whether it's illegal to enter the intersection before turning left, but I'm skeptical...

It probably is different from state to state. Honestly I don't mind - as long as they're actually going to turn. What really grinds my gears is when someone eases into an intersection when there's traffic just to beat a light AND doesn't turn. It only leads to gridlock. Here in NYC I think I remember possible legislation that is trying to get passed where you will get ticketed for blocking the box. I have noticed a lot more (esp. cabs) wait til there's enough room past the intersection to cross the intersection.

My top five would have to be:

I always interpreted it as this: If someone says that they 'could care less' it means they could care less but the topic is so below them they don't even wanna bother. FWIW - I accept both :P

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

• 3 weeks later...
"Beat L.A." chants.

Seems like anywhere the Dodgers or Lakers play away from home the fans seem to love to chant "Beat L.A." Why everyone everywhere needs to hate so hard on L.A. teams is beyond me? You'll never hear a BS "Beat Boston" chant at a Laker game when they are in town. Or, "Beat the Giants" when they're playing at Dodger Stadium. Haters.

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

I will give one general and on golf related.

General: (this one is silly but for some reason it drives me crazy)
Asking the server what they recommend at a restaurant. As if they don't know their tip will be loosely based on the total charge on the ticket. This probably wouldn't bother me normally but my mother-in-law does this EVERYWHERE. Seriously, she did it at a McDonalds once!

Golf:
That guy that scatters beaver-tail divots all around the area he is using on the practice range rather than systematically trying to keep them confined to a small area.

I

Heh, I think this can be effective at nicer restaurants -- i.e., the ones where everything is so expensive that the waiter is gonna get a healthy tip regardless. I've seen it pay off in terms of learning what came in fresh that day... But at a McDonald's, wow. What's the server supposed to say? Oh yes, ma'am, the Filet-O-Fish is excellent today, only 85% freezer-burned!

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

my single largest pet peeve is when people honk to indicate they are there to pick somebody up.

If you are too lazy to get out of the car and ring the door bell, call them. My brother had a cell phone at 13, if you are driving a car, you probably have a cell phone, and if you don't please revert to point #1.

Your car horn IS NOT A DOOR BELL. I don't think my neighbors need to know when somebody is picking me up, and I don't care when they are leaving.

In my bag:

some golf clubs

a few golf balls

a bag of tee's some already broken the rest soon to be

a snickers wrapper (if you have seen me play, you would know you are not going anywhere for a while)

and an empty bottle of water

The crap sports commentators say only to fill dead space

People who don't accelerate on the on ramp to the interstate

"Get in the hole" (it's worse on the tee shot of a 600 yd par 5)

People who complain about EVERYTHING in a restaurant. My wife has a friend that I won't be seen in a restaurant with. It's embarrasing how much she bitches

As I do a lot of driving, I would say Road Works. They always seem to do it when you need to get somewhere quickly and most of the time they are standing about chatting!!!!

I could be here all day...

People who talk about their favourite sports teams and use terms like 'we' and 'us.' You didn't have anything to do with whatever happened, don't try to involve yourself in something you were a bystander to.

Caravans, Volvo wagons, and anyone else who goes 20 km/h under the limit on the highway. Drive it or park it.

Rap.

Putting my mailbox back together after the snowplow knocks it into the ditch.

Waiting for pretty much anything, I have no patience for anything.

People who ask stupid questions about stuff they're not really interested in, just to make conversation.

Peddling religion door to door. I don't care what demonimation you are, I'm not interested, get off my porch.

I'm sure more will come to me.

"Beat L.A." chants.

Manny Ramiraz...

But to answer the question of the topic: Driving under the speed limit Forgetting a club Not being able to warm up People that don't stop talking Stupid people that work in the service industry

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

New one today.. Buddy called and asked if I wanted to go "golfing". I'm no grammar nazi so I'm not sure why that rakes at me. I don't "golf". I play golf. Golf is not a verb, I don't golf anything.

"hey you want to go to golfing??"...
"Naah I'm gonna couch for a while but not before I sandwich."

Yeah, that reminds me of another big one of mine.

People who butcher the english language. I don't mean people who don't speak the language and struggle to get their point across. I mean people who can't string together a coherent sentence. Working at Frito Lay I have to sit in meetings and listen to business jargon that makes no sense at all. I swear they just string together buzzwords and call it a 'strategic vision' or some such nonsense.

My wife is a nurse who constantly washes her hands at work and I suffer from severe germ-a-phobia. I will wash my hands 15-20 times a day (I know, maybe a little obsessive compulsive) but I CANNOT stand when people do not wash their hands after using the bathroom.

And you know those same people have just opened the bathroom door rubbing their hands all over the handle (making it impossible to open the door without getting who-knows-what on your hands.)

Instight XTD A30S Driver 10.5° ($69 new ebay)
Instight XTD A3OS Fairway Wood 15° ($45 new ebay)
Fybrid 19.5° ($35 new ebay)
Ci7 4-GW ($175 new Rock Bottom Golf via ebay)
53° & 58° 8620 DD wedges ($75 each new PGA Superstore) C2-DF ($35 new Rock Bottom Golf) Riley TT stand bag ($7 n...

Yep. "If you are early, you are on time, if you are on time, you are late"

On time means 5 minutes early.

Learned it when I was young and it has never let me down.

Instight XTD A30S Driver 10.5° ($69 new ebay)
Instight XTD A3OS Fairway Wood 15° ($45 new ebay)
Fybrid 19.5° ($35 new ebay)
Ci7 4-GW ($175 new Rock Bottom Golf via ebay)
53° & 58° 8620 DD wedges ($75 each new PGA Superstore) C2-DF ($35 new Rock Bottom Golf) Riley TT stand bag ($7 n...

Note: This thread is 5370 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!