IGNORED

Just played with Rory McIlroy

msd3075
Note: This thread is 5507 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Thats cool,,,, but,,,,, I just got in 18 holes at Pebble with Jack Nicklaus, Tom Watson, and Keenan McArtle!!! Beat That Holmes!!!

In My Bag:
Driver: :Cobra Amp Cell Pro 9.5*, Stock X-Flex

3 Wood: :Cobra Bio Cell 16*, Stock X-Flex

5 Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 20*, Stock S-Flex
Irons: Bridgestone J40-CB 3-PW, Project-X 6.0

Gap Wedge::Vokey: 52* CNC  

Sand Wedge: :Vokey: 58* CNC  

Putters: Scotty Cameron Newport II 

Ball: Bridgestone 330-S(2014)

Rory's such a cool kid...He handles the pressure so well. I saw an interview where he was showered with compliments. They told him that his swing was better than Tiger's when he was 19 and all that stuff and he just said that he was grateful and hopes to keep progressing. Gotta love that attitude. Hopefully he wins a buttload of majors in the future.

----------------------------------------------------------------
What's in My Bag?
Driver - R9 460 10.5* UST Proforce V2
F Wood - SQ2 3W 15* UST Proforce V2
Hybrid - Baffler DWS 20* Fujikura SpeederIrons - Pro CB (4-PW) Project X 6.0Wedges - CG14 52* CG12 56* & CG15 DSG 60* Putter - Studio...

obviously an April Fool's joke. Rory Sabatini a jerk,c'mon.

Sabbatini was actually pretty cool when he was signing autographs and talking to the fans (before his final round) at the Transitions Championship.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

Sounds like the kid might just need to learn to keep his mouth shut. Badmouthing other people can't be a good long-term strategy.

That's exactly what I was thinking. And if a professional golfer

does make a personal remark about another player in your presence like that, it would be better not to transmit it into the ether for all to read*. But I'm glad the OP had a good time and let's hope Rory keeps his openness to the public if he makes it big. Time will tell. *Same caveat as Erik's: this assumes accuracy.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

FIGJAM-well used in aussie land. Rors is sick. He is by far my favourite golfer, so good for his age

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

yeah, but it's no secret that Sabatini is an asswad, and surely many of the guys out there think they are good (because they are). I think having a small chip on your shoulders would be a good thing for a pro...

I've heard that Rory is actually very misunderstood and that he's a nice guy. I forget where I heard it (maybe a Golf Digest article or something).

But yeah - cool of you to share (if it is indeed NOT an April Fools joke)...so where are the pics?

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

If you are actually serious awesome. How did he play?

P.S. I havent read the whole post so if he said he was kidding please dont think im that stupid.

In My Hank Haney IJGA Bag
Driver: FT Tour 9.5 w/ Aldila Voodoo Stiff
3 Wood: i15 15.5 w/ avixcore red stiff
Hybrids: Rescue 09 19, 22 w/ fujikara fit on stiff
Irons: 4 & 5 MP-52, 6-PW MP-58 w/ KBS Tour Stiff Wedges: MP T-10 52*, 58* w/ KBS Tour StiifPutter: Fastback 1 34 inBall: : Pro...

I just got home from playing with Rory McIlroy in the Pro-Am for the Shell Houston Open. I was a little worried he'd be the stuck up little bratty kid, but he was an absolute joy to play with.

It amazes me to read that someone who has the good fortune to play with Rory McIlroy knows so little about the game that he thinks that he might be a stuck up brat, despite the fact that every interview you've seen, every article, every fellow player comment emphasises what a genuinely nice, friendly, modest and humble person he is.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

You are all April Fools, but me the biggest one.

Ok, msd, I'll PM you the 26 bucks I owe you. Dollar a post, right? Dang. At least it wasn't the 50 you predicted.

Ping G2 Driver; Titleist 906F2 5W; TM Rescue Mid 3H; Adams Idea Pro 4H; Titleist DTR 3-SW; Callaway Bobby Jones Putter; Ping Hoofer lite

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The part about a young superstar running his mouth about current Pro's was a dead giveaway. Plus...has he even played Augusta yet, I don't know and was too lazy to look it up.

But I like the kid, I think he will go the farthest of the teenage phenoms.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

"Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot."
— Peter Griffin

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

The part about a young superstar running his mouth about current Pro's was a dead giveaway. Plus...has he even played Augusta yet, I don't know and was too lazy to look it up.

practice, yes. masters, no!

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

Some of you guys just can't trust anyone....

I'm the one in the black Nike hat and black pants. The last few pics of my shot infront of the green is where I drove the ball on #6. The tees they had us at were 375 yds from the center of the green.

Funny thing is I completely forgot yesterday was April Fool's Day until everyone on here freaked out.

and the double-cross succeeds.

awesome, msd. now you owe me the $50.

maybe you should get three and pjs to foot the bill.

Ping G2 Driver; Titleist 906F2 5W; TM Rescue Mid 3H; Adams Idea Pro 4H; Titleist DTR 3-SW; Callaway Bobby Jones Putter; Ping Hoofer lite

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

jesus people he said something bad about Rory Sabbatini . Keep acting like that's going to give him a bad reputation. Give me a break

âI'm glad I brought this course, this monster, to its knees.â

That must have been cool, not quite as cool as installing a kitchen on wednesday like I did, .....but close.

Your grip looks a little strong in one picture, you play a draw?

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx 15* - X flex

quality pics mate!

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

That must have been cool, not quite as cool as installing a kitchen on wednesday like I did, .....but close.

In the pic of me in the fairway bunker (on #18), I hadn't even taken a grip on the club yet. I ended up laying up and then sticking a 54 degree wedge about 3 feet from the hole (Rory was a foot inside me laying 2).

In the pic of me on the tee box (par 3 #7), I was aimed at the bunkers right of the green trying to draw it into the hole (the pin was in the middle of the "valley" about 5 feet from the drop off into the water). It didn't draw, but I did somehow hit my sand shot from the far part of the bunker carrying both ridges and stopped it above the hole. I missed the putt though.

Note: This thread is 5507 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!