IGNORED

What's In Your Bag?

gas_can
Note: This thread is 1973 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

hmmm, well, i can be biased in my answer because i despise hybrids, but if you have a problem with club transition then i suggest about 11-12 degree driver to make up for the yardage gap between the driver and the 5 wood. i myself switch out my s57 2 iron for the i15 5 wood, i have no problem hitting either of em. uhm, when my driver fails, i use my 3 wood off the tee and if i have my 5 wood, i'll use that too. again, if you have trouble with club transition going from woods, hybrids, irons go with your woods, irons....but honestly to each his own....find what works for you. maybe 4 wood, 7 wood....with driver, 5 wood, 7 wood, 4-pw, including the putter, you have 3 open slots (legal bag can carry 14 clubs) so why not experiment with what suits your game best. why not try: driver, 3w, 5w, 3h, 4h, 5-pw.....just an idea. golf is all about personal preference really, head out on the course and play around with different clubs to see what feels better to you.

Totally agree. It's important to experiment a little to find what works for you.

I would recommend a 7 wood. It's a good club to use from all sorts of lies. If you don't hit your longest iron very well, there is no good reason not to try replacing it with a hybrid. Then your next longest iron.... repeat as needed. I often play with no iron longer than a 6 or 7, and will add hybrids or even a 9 wood. I think it's probably counter-productive to switch around too much, but trying different combinations is the only way I know of to determine what works best. Depending on where you live, you can probably buy used clubs for a fraction of the cost of new ones.

I am also thinking of filling the gap between driver and 5 wood with a 3 wood. Not really for hitting of the deck, but more of a replacement when my driver is just not cooperating that day off the tee.

I carry a 4 hybrid and a 4 iron in my bag, both with 22°. I prefer hitting the 4 iron off the tee (especially into the wind as my trajectory is lower), but the 4 hybrid goes excellent from everywhere else.

Stuck on 13 clubs now.

Can't decide on going with an additional hybrid or a 5 wood.

I'm leaving the slot open until I'm positive. For now, I'm gripping down on my 3 wood and getting 5 wood distances fairly easily.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

How long have you been playing GG? I couldn't hit my 3 wood until one day out on the range about 4 months after I started playing. Ever since then it's one of my favorite clubs. Don't give up on it, keep trying :)

I've only been playing since July! I'm working on the 3W though...and just got a new LW that I need practice with as well! I tried looking for 3 Iron (LOL!!) but if I really want one, they'd have to special order one for me. So in the meantime, I'll just keep practicing with my 3W or use my 5I. Even off the tee, the 3W is a toughie...

I just replaced my 15 year old Wilson Pro-Staff starter set with a set of Taylor Made Burner 09's. Love them. Immediately longer and straighter by 2 or 3 clubs.

I also carry a Taylor Made R5 5-wood. I "borrowed" it from a friend of mine a couple of years ago. I don't carry a driver or 3 wood. I just don't have the consistency with them that I have with the 5. I can get 200-220 off the tee, hitting most fairways, so I'm happy to just go with that until my game gets to the point where shorter tee shots are causing me strokes. As it is, it's taking me 4+ shots to get in the hole from 100 yds out so there are plenty of other areas for improvement.

And an old top-flight sand wedge that I got in the used bucket at the driving range for $5.

I just replaced my 15 year old Wilson Pro-Staff starter set with a set of Taylor Made Burner 09's. Love them. Immediately longer and straighter by 2 or 3 clubs.

Wow, $5, that's a great deal. :)

I've just gone back to a 5-wood, after taking my hybrid out of the bag and going back to a 3 iron. The 3 iron hybrid was slightly longer than my 3 iron, but I can shape the iron easier, and better control the trajectory. My 5 wood is significantly longer than my hybrid was (245-250 vs 230-235) which makes sense as my 5 wood has a stronger loft. To me anyways...

In the Bag

Ping i15 8* Diamana Whiteboard

Titleist 909f3 13.5* Aldila NV

Ping S57 3-PW KBS C-taper

Macgregor 52, 56, and 60 wedges

SC Newport 2.5

Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

• 2 years later...

Bag: Adidas Powerband Sport stand bag

Driver: Cobra S2 stock r flex shaft

3 wood : Taylormade burner superfast matrix ozik xcon 4.8

2h: Titleist 910h 17* a4 setting. ahina shaft

3h: ping i15 20* stock s flex shaft

Irons: Titleist 710 Ap1 5-pw aldila vs proto t by you 75-r

wedges: 52* 56* 60* Nike SV Tour dynamic gold s400 wedge flex

Putter: Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Mid Slant Newport.

In my  stand bag

:titleist:910d2 8.5*

speedline fast 12 3w 

910h 17* 

:titleist: 712 cb/mb 3-p

:mizuno: MP-T4 56* 60*

:nike: method 001 

:srixon: tour yellow z star xv 

Originally Posted by moparman426

Sig

Sig? You mean like this?

128306460545.jpg

• Upvote 2

913 D2 8.5* with V2 66g stiff shaft

910F 14.25 with Diamana stiff shaft

i20 17, 20, and 23 hybrid 

AP2 712 5-PW with Dynamic Gold S300 shaft

54 and 60

D66

Tournament Edition 1600

Originally Posted by xmanhockey7

Sig? You mean like this?

Thats a nice one is a p220

In my  stand bag

:titleist:910d2 8.5*

speedline fast 12 3w 

910h 17* 

:titleist: 712 cb/mb 3-p

:mizuno: MP-T4 56* 60*

:nike: method 001 

:srixon: tour yellow z star xv 

Titleist 910D2 - Diamama Stiff, 9.5° (set at 8.75°)

Titleist 910Fd - Diamama Stiff, 15° (set at 14.25°)

Taylormade 2009 Burner Irons (4-PW), Stock superfast stiff shafts (has been frequenced tested as regular stiff)

Cleveland CG16 52°,58° wedges (added about 4 1.5" strips of lead tape)

Odyssey White Ice #1 Putter 35" (added about 6 1.5" strips of lead tape)

Grips: Golf Pride Tour Velvet Standard, 3 wraps of tape

Ball: Talyormade Penta or TP Black

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Ping 4 series bag Taylormade R9 SuperTri 9.5 Taylormade Burner 3w Taylormade Burner 3 hybrid Nike SQ Machspeed Irons Taylormade Rac Black 56 & 60 Odyssey White Ice #5 Titleist DT Solo. Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Bag: Sun Mountain 3.5 Driver: Adams 9064LS 9.5* 3wood: Adams Speedline F11 13.5* 2hybrid: Adams Pro Black 18* Irons: Adams CB1 3-PW Wedges: Adams Puglielli Black 54* and 60* Putter: Never Compromise Gambler "Straight" Ball: Srixon Z-Star XV Flask: Jameson Irish Whiskey

In the Ogio Chamber Cart Bag w/ Ogio X4 Synergy Push Cart: Driver: Adams Super LS 7.5* w/ Harrison Striper H2 60x Fairway: Adams Tight Lies 16* Fairway Wood w/ Harrison Mugen Black 70x Irons: Adams Idea Pro Black CB1 Irons w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (3-PW) Wedges: Yururi Raw Gekku w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (53, 57, & 61) Putter: Never Compromise Gambler Straight Ball: Srixon Z-Star/Z-Star XV Tour Yellow GPS: Garmin Approach G6 Shoes: True Linkswear

Driver: nike vr str8-fit 10.5 stiff Wood: nike dymo 2 4 wood stiff Nike mach speed 3 hybrid stiff Pinemeadow mark ii 4-ow apollo stiff + 1/2" 2 deg upright Nike vr tour black 52, 56, 60 s400

Originally Posted by xmanhockey7

Sig? You mean like this?

As a matter of fact......

I WISH!

Sig, as in what's in my signature.

TM R9 SuperTri, 8.5 degree, Fujikura Motore 60g stiff

TM R11 3T TP 14 degree, Fujikura Motore F3 80g x-stiff

TM Superfast 5w 18 degree - x-stiff steel, hosel bored to .370

Titleist 695MB 3-PW - TT Black Gold Frequency Tuned stiff (CPMs at x-stiff), +1 up, +7/8 length, NDMC grips

52/4 - 56/10 wedges

Odyssey DF 330 mallet

Nike SQ Tour stand bag

Ball - anything NOT labeled distance...

I am upgrading the driver shaft to x-stiff as well, right after I pay my seasonal camping fees (ouch!).  I'll probably go with the Prolaunch Axis Red to keep the cost down, as they are being pushed off the shelves right now.

I just recently purchased my clubs. I've literally upgraded everything…ball, putter, bag, irons, driver + three wood. I've been playing with my old clubs for 14 years. It felt great.

Driver :: Cobra AMP 55g Stiff

3 Wood :: Cobra AMP 55g Stiff

4-9, PW, GW, SW :: Cobra AMP Steel

Putter :: Odyssey White Ice Sabertooth

Ball :: TaylorMade Burner, Nike PD Soft, + Callaway Warbird

Bag :: Puma Orange Formation Stand Golf Bag

Driver :: Cobra AMP 55g Stiff

3 Wood :: Cobra AMP 55g Stiff

4-9, PW, GW, SW :: Cobra AMP Steel

Putter :: Odyssey White Ice Sabertooth

Ball ::   

Bag :: Puma Orange Formation Stand Golf Bag

Ping i 20 driver 9.5 degree project x 6.0 shaft

Ping i 20 3 wood

Taylor Made tp 17 degree hybrid stock shaft stiff

Ping 4-l wedge i 20 gold dot + 1/2 " stiff steel

ball- Penta or Pro v1

Note: This thread is 1973 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!