IGNORED

What Are You Working On?

iacas
Note: This thread is 3206 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Got a little time on a nice simulator. Seems I was swinging inside out 10-15 degrees, most my misses are hooks or pull hooks. Started taking the club more "straight back" (still inside out somewhat I'm sure) and hopefully that'll fix my misses to the left. I need to get my swing consistent, repeatable. Consistency is my biggest issue.

What I play

Driver: 907D2
Wood:960 15*

5 Wood: 960 18*

Irons: Titleist 735 Cm 3-PW

Wedges: CG16 60* and 52*

Putter: Nike Method

Short Game....until recently most ranges I use have crappy or no chipping areas. The Chi Chi first tee driving range totaled leveled an area and made it into a great chipping/pitching area with bunkers, etc... I could sit their all day and hit chips, pitches, flops. Brand new and in great shape.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

I am working on 2 things:

Moving hips at my downswing, i have always been too static on this. This change is taking me a long time to achieve it.

Wrists --> release --> lag. I almost don´t hinge my writs so i will try to change this, but not before i achieve my first goal completely (hips), because last year i tried to work on several things at the same time and got nothing.

If i get these 2 things i think i will be happy with my swing.
:)

In my bag:
Cleveland DST Tour 9.5 Diamana
Callaway Diablo Tour 15º

Callaway Razr 5 wood
TaylorMade Tour Preferred 3-PW
Callaway Forged 56º, Titleist Vokey 58º

Odyssey White Hot 1

Srixon Z-Star

1. Short game - specifically pitching & chipping . While my putting average isn't too bad (fluxuating b/w 1.67-1.78), my Up & Down percentage sucks (closer to 20-30%, with some high-end standout rounds closer to 38%).
2. Driving - specifically Fairway percentage w/a power fade ; when hitting my straighter drive, I typically hover around 70-75%. When trying to gain a little distance w/a power fade, closer to 40-50%.

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

i'm currently working on not drawing my driver so much should i be trying to block everyshot or just not roll my wrists as much??

This may be an oversimplification, but have you ever tried a slightly larger grip on your driver? It works for me.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

This may be an oversimplification, but have you ever tried a slightly larger grip on your driver? It works for me.

No i haven't tried that i'm going to give some other little things a go first at the range and if that doesn't work i might try the thicker grip. thanks sean

1 Tempo, Tempo, Tempo.

2 Putting. 35 putts today. Not good

Driver: Hibore XL 9.5 R
3 Wood: SQII 15
Hybrid: XLS 19
Irons: 3-PW Ta5
Wedges: 52* CG 10 58* Vokey SM08Putter: Rossa TP Kia Ma Monaco Ball: Pro V1/V1x, Z-Star/Z-Star x

Right now I'm just working on getting more consistent, with a few keys in mind.

1. Keep my lower body quiet, and really coil on my back leg for some more power. In the past I've kept it straight as a post, with no flex or torque, causing me to overcompensate with my arms.
2. Letting the body and shoulder turn do the work for me, instead of firing faster with the hands and arms. It's been the greatest inconsistency in my swing to date - thin contact, no divot, and a wide spray. I'm just trying to boil it down to the simplest elements now and add to that bit by bit.

I've got a Florida trip coming up next week and I'm hoping some of this pays off when I'm out there... wish me luck!

Slight change in what im working on now,

1, I am trying to feel as if its slight lateral movement of my hips to the right (away from the target) to start the backswing.

2, To start the downswing I feel like my right hip goes up which forces my weight to go on to my left big toe.

3, Working on everything inside 100 yards, not so much technique, just feel and trying in to dial in some key yardages.

Targets for the year

Handicap - scratch
Depending on whether I reach this or not one of my targets is to start entering the big amateur comps in England and Europe.

In terms of 50 - 100 yard pitches I want to be getting up and down 70% of the time, a hard but attainable target.

Learn and develop the chip and run, the low spinner and general ball flight control around the green.

In my Ping UCLAN Team Bag

Nike Sasqautch 9.5 - V2 Stiff
Cleveland HiBore 15 - V2 Stiff
Ben Hogan Apex FTX, 2 - PW - Dynamic Gold StiffNike SV Tour 52, 58 - Dynamic Golf StiffYes Golf Callie - 33 inchesBall - Srixon Z star X

• Administrator
Counter-rotation (not actually, but it feels like it) in the takeaway. Deeper hands are a part of that, as is getting the right hip to turn back properly.

That's all I'm working on and likely all I'll be working on for the next month or so.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Im working on smoothing out my swing (if thats possible)...I really have been trying to work on my ability to work the ball left and right. Major break through last night. I was watching playing lessons with the pros with Morgan Pressell and the tall boxing guy and she mentioned that he had a strong grip and it was easier for him to hit a right to left shot. Well I always thought of myself as being strong, but I guess I have always been playing a very weak grip...everything slices if it doesnt go straight. Last night I bought a large bucket and proceeded to change my grip and what do you know! I can hit a draw with a good divot and hit it straight and then back to the fade/almost slice. It felt great.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Note: This thread is 3206 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!