IGNORED

What Are You Working On?

iacas
Note: This thread is 3206 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Finding the sweet spot consistently again.

I just went back to blades from X20 Tours, and my ball striking really deteriorated from my time with CB's. I got careless about heel and toe misses and my game really suffered without me really realizing it. Playing blades again is helping.
Scott T

G5 9° V2 75 X / 909F2 15.5° V2 85 X / 909H 19° V2 100 X / MP-33 #3-PW X100 / X-Forged Chrome 54.15 60.10 X100 / FGP Black 34" / Penta TP

Handicap is a guess because I haven't established one yet.Best score so far is a 71 on a 6,509 yard 70.3/121 par 72 muni, during a glorious...

I went to the driving range to work on three things today:

1. Straighten out the driver.

2. Get consistent length out of the hybrids

3. Stop chunking the short irons.

Here's what I did...

DRIVER

Experimented with different addresses, tee heights, etc. Ended up teeing the ball higher - much higher - and hovering the club much higher during the waggle. The result was great! Fewer and less dramatic pulls, slices turned into fades, and plenty of consistent distance. That's a keeper - I will work on that setup from now on and hope to get better.

HYBRIDS

Went to a fuller backswing and slower takeaway and transition. Learned I need more of an inside takeaway with my 3H than I do with the 4H and5H. Hit them high and long and consistent. Super happy about this. The 3H has been my problem club (I have a G5 and R7 and an Ignite). I can hit the Ping and the Nike now with little problem. I give up on the R7!

SHORT IRONS

I decided to slow everything down and was hitting beautiful soaring LW GW SW PW shots that were about 10-15 yard shorter but dead on the money with a mild draw factored in. I was so happy I decided to hit this way for a while to build some muscle memory. Then I started sha**ing. I could not stop. I went back to the old quick chop I I used to make. More sha**ing. I moved to mid and long irons. More of the same. I hit 50 balls and not one of them flew properly. I got frustrated and went back to the driver and finished out the bucket with some good drives.

I really hate it when my irons just break down. They do that sometimes. Some days I will hit everything perfectly, take a nice divot after the ball, check up on the green, etc. Most days I mix that in with some thin shots and a couple of fat ones. I haven't had a day yet where the irons completely left me, but it has happened on the driving range three times now. It's scary. I seriously don't know how I am going to start hitting properly again. I think I'm going to try and get to inside 100 yards and then run it up with an 8 iron and putt. I have match play semifinals in a few weeks and I hope the iron play comes back by then!

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

Basically just trying to get my hands to release more consistently to ensure a square face at impact. My ball striking has been pretty good lately and all the ball marks are right near the sweet spot.

905R 9.5* Fujikura Speeder
200 steel 3 wood
200 steel 5 wood
690.CB 3-PW
56* 14 Pro Platinum Newport 2 Pro V1 B330-S

Took a private lesson yesterday to correct my setup for my driver. He said I had all my weight on my forward leg and my hands were too far forward. Also said I was to far from the ball.

Afterwards I worked on it and alternated with the distances of my stance (from the ball) as well as the tee height of the ball.

My chix stix:

R7 Burner
Burner Woods and Hybrids
R7 CGB Max IronsKoa Wood

I am new to golf. I have never been to the course yet but have been going to the range the last 6 weeks. I just got my first club set (Walter Hagen T3) with 3, 4, and 5 Hybrids. The driver is a Nike Sumo SQ 5000.

I went to the range today to use my clubs for the first time and I was having alot of trouble learning how to hit with the hybrid clubs. I finally got it going after a ton of balls. What I did was turn the club head more at a slant pre shot, and dug down more on the ball.

The funny thing was that when I went back to use the irons to get some practice with my 9 iron, I could not hit it at all with the -9. It took me a while to get back used to the iron. Is this common? Is it just a case of getting used to your clubs? Has anyone else had trouble hitting the hybrids when they first tried them out?
In the Bag
Driver: Sumo SQ 5000 460cc 11.5
3-Wood: 2007 Burner 15°
Hybrid: Walter Hagen T3 (-3 23°), (-4 26°) (-5 29°)
Irons: Walter Hagen T3 (4-PW)Putter: Walter Hagen T3 Mallet PutterBalls: GamerGlove: Dri-Fit Elite

Change from an interlocking grip to a vardon/overlap.
Front foot turn out a 1/4 turn.
Ball position, and my sometimes tendency to hook it.
Shorter gap between evaluation and putt on shorter putts. (Working well)

McGolf-Doggie's stand bag & new and used club emporium:
Putter :ping: 1/2Craz-e | Irons :TaylorMade: RAC MB, 4i-PW (DG S300) |Wedges :Cleveland: SW&LW 56*DSG+RTG; 60*/4* DSG+RTG |Woods :Cobra: S1 5W; Adams TIght Lies 3W |Driver :TaylorMade: Burner 9.5 Fujikura Reax S | Maxfli Practice

My biggest issue is driving accurately and without a slice. My last two rounds have been 107 and 110, and maybe hit 2 fairways off the tee in each round. I know that once I get it into the fairway more consistently I'll be into the 90s and that was my goal for this summer. The last two times at the range I've dedicated my time to figuring it out. Turns out it was an alignment issue and am now driving straight quite consistently. Time to see how it pans out on the course though.

In my Ozone:

Driver: S9-1 10.5*
Woods: 2007 Burner 3 Wood 15*
Hybrids 2009 3 Rescue 19*Irons: MX-200 4-PWWedges: 52, CG12 56Putter: White Hot XG 2-Ball Blade 35"

Shallowing out the driver swing because of the way I've been popping it up. Practicing with more weight on the right side at setup, teeing it higher and sweeping the ball off of the tee instead of hitting down into it.

Driver 2007 Burner 10.5
Hybrid 3DX RDC 3 Iron
Irons Di7 4-GW Irons
Wedges American Open 60*
Putter Black MaxBalls AD333's

I would have to say I'm working on everything. When i'm at the driving range, I get 155 balls and hit 12 balls with each wedge and iron from 3 up to PW, AW and SW. Then whatever's leftover I finish with the driver. My maing goal is to consistently get the ball in the air and get a sense of how far I can hit each club. (This is my 2nd year playing.) My drives are pretty consistent, so i save that for last in practice. Plus, I only hit that once per hole, and it seems I spend most of my time using the pitching wedge.

When i have the time I go down to the practice green and practice chipping onto the green from the rough. 8 balls chipped and then I put them in from wherever they landed. My goals there is to be able to chip in and put in with only 1 stroke a piece. (It would make my day to actually chip it in the cup, but i'm not even close at this point.) I just want to be able to chip it close enough to 1-put it into the cup. I do that til I get about 100 chips and X amount of puts. (Because I'm typically 2-putting them in at this point.)

What's In The Bag?

Driver - FT-i 10° Neutral Graphite Stiff
Fairway Metal - N/A
Irons - X-20 3-9 Std Steel Wedges - X-20 PW, AW, SW Std Steel Putter - White Hot XG #1 35" Bag - Ball - Loco

right now im working on not sucking every other round...
one day im shooting 8 over... the next day at the exact same course im sweating it out trying to keep it under 90...
didnt help that i got paired up with a guy ive played with before and his buddy that ive never met... and he kept telling his buddy how much of an awesome player i am... chunk chunk chunk
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

I'm working on short irons every day. Yes, it's slowly coming back to me.

Driver: 9.5 Titleist 910, Fairway Woods: G2 3 wood and 5 woods
Irons: Titleist CB712
Wedges: 52 - Vokey, 56 - Vokey Raw,
Putter: Odyssey White Hot #1
Ball: NXT Tour

Concentration, Concentration, and Concentration on every shot. Haven't succeeded--yet. It's a lot harder than I thought.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I am working on my tee shot. I grew up on a 3 par and struggle with all of my woods. I am slowly going from my long irons, to hybrids, and hopefully to a driver.
Driver: Spine Driver 9*
Driver: Launcher 10.5*
Fairway: Spine 3 & 5 Wood
Irons: Di5 1, 3 Irons
Irons: Di9 5, 7, 9, GW IronsSand Wedge: DFy SWLob Wedge: Sandy Andy 64*Putter: 8882Bag: Mickelson's Birdies for the Brave

Lately, I've been working on my 140-160 yard range. My last few rounds I've intentionally teed off with a club that would leave me 150 or so to the green and have been working on hitting the green with a 7 iron, sometimes an 8. I only hit my driver about 240 so the 140-160 range is a lot of times my 2nd shot on par 4s. That said, I've been working on my driver as well - I have a bad habit of not following through with the driver, which doesn't happen with the irons.

Also my putting. I'm putting way too much during rounds. Some of that has to be attributed to my approach shots being way off. I'll get a GIR but my first putt is about 30 feet. I'd like to get rid of the 3 putts, it's absolutely killing my scores. If you look at my Scorecard stats, if I could eliminate all 3 putts from those rounds, I'd be in the 80s consistently. So agonizing!

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

Note: This thread is 3206 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!