IGNORED

Alex Cejka...anyone see the story on GC?

Three Putt
Note: This thread is 5454 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

When he was 8, he and his father escaped from communist Czechoslovakia (sp?), through Hungary, Italy, Switzerland, then to Germany. Had to swim across the Rhine river which was running a 5 meters a second.

Pretty incredible story, thanks GC, would have never known.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

His story is pretty incredible. Prayad Marksaeng has a similar cool background as well. He grew up in like a shanty town, became a caddy at a country club, and somehow managed to be one of the best players on the Asia tour.

How these guys became this good at golf despite immense odds is pretty incredible.

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Pretty incredible story, thanks GC, would have never known.

Could anyone provide a link or something?

You know, Germany is still golf wasteland, so we will probably never get to see this story.

In my Tour Combo Bag:

Driver: Superquad 9.5°
5W: 2008 Burner 18°
3H: Idea Pro Gold 20°4H: 2008 Burner Rescue 22°Irons: MP52 R300 5-PWedges: Vokey SM 50.08, 54.11, 58.04, 60.11Putter: Itsy Bitsy SpiderBall: TP Red

2004 State Drive, Chip and Putt Champion
2005 Northern Iowa Player Of The Year
2006 Iowa Girl's Golf 2A Individual State Champion
2007 Iowa Co-Ed Golf State Champion
2007 State Drive, Chip and Putt Champion2008 Iowa Girl's Golf 2A Individual State Champion2009 College Division Iowa Junior Tour...

It's nice to see someone who survived communism do so well.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Man, watching golf can be so nerve wrecking, when you're rooting for someone.

Go Alex!

I am a bit afraid, he might end up with Tiger tomorrow....

Edit: Anyway, who or what rule is deciding about the pairings when there are so many tied for 2nd?

In my Tour Combo Bag:

Driver: Superquad 9.5°
5W: 2008 Burner 18°
3H: Idea Pro Gold 20°4H: 2008 Burner Rescue 22°Irons: MP52 R300 5-PWedges: Vokey SM 50.08, 54.11, 58.04, 60.11Putter: Itsy Bitsy SpiderBall: TP Red

Man, watching golf can be so nerve wrecking, when you're rooting for someone.

Alex is paired with Tiger tomorrow, but I believe he will manage himself good.

About the story, it's a really a good story. Cheers!

Driver: 905R 9.5° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Fairway: 906F2 15° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Hybrid: 585.H 21° (S300) | Irons: AP2 4-PW (Project X 6.0) | Wedges: Vokey Design 52.08, 56.11 & 60.11  | Putter: Studio Select Newport 2 

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

Pulling for Alex, he has come close too many times. I think this will be his triumph. Being paired with Tiger can be a curse or a blessing, sometimes players excel when fighting off a Woods charge. Compared to what Alex has dealt with in his life, dealing with the Tiger stare in nothing.

In my  Warbird Hot stand bag:
nike.gif Dymo2 Str8 fit 10.5 or  HiBore XLS 10.5,  Steelhead Plus 3 and 5 woods,

NP2 3H,  DCI 990 4-PW,  Forged + 54/12,  RAC 58/8,

Classic #1,  NXT Tour or  Burner TP

Edit: Anyway, who or what rule is deciding about the pairings when there are so many tied for 2nd?

I THINK...and I could be wrong, it's whoever was in the clubhouse in 2nd first and from there on out...

"One of the reasons Arnie Palmer is playing so well is that, before each final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them. Oh my God, what have I just said."
US Open TV Commentator

S9-1 Pro D Driver 9.5 Degree Matrix Ozik XCON-6
CGB 3WPro Baffler 2/R 2HybridMP-37 Project X 6.0Vokey...

Playing with Tiger on sunday is never easy, even with a five shot lead. Let's hope he doesn't fall apart, but is able to focus on his game and pull it off.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

When he was 8, he and his father escaped from communist Czechoslovakia (sp?), through Hungary, Italy, Switzerland, then to Germany. Had to swim across the Rhine river which was running a 5 meters a second.

GREAT story. I love the backgrounds of guys like Alex, Seve, Bernhard Langer, Angel Cabrera, Lee Trevino, and Larry Nelson, who came up the hard way, and made it to the top. Sometime, I will start a thread about Walter Zembriski, who was an ironworker until he made the Champions Tour, and then beat Arnie, Jack, Gary, and Lee. I hope that Alex can withstand the tremendous pressure that he will be under today, and hold on and win. In my opinion, he has the "guts" needed to do that. Just like Angel did in this year's Masters.

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

I THINK...and I could be wrong, it's whoever was in the clubhouse in 2nd first and from there on out...

This is correct. The first to post a given score is the last out among that group the next day. Since Tiger was the first to post -6, he's considered to have the "lowest" six under, for purposes of deciding groups.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

It is too bad that Alex Cejka got off to a bad start, and shot 79. Congratualtions to Henrik Stenson, who played a great round, to win by 4!

this is correct! tiger was the first man in on saturday and hence played with cejka yesterday! thats why if you look on the leaderboards on pgatour.com all the people on a certain score will be ordered from the player whos played the highest number of holes to the player whos played the lowest number of holes!

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

He may want to jump in the river after his collapse yesterday!

And Tiger should jump in right behind him. 73 in the last round? Come on, Tiger, where did the MAGIC GO?

And Tiger should jump in right behind him. 73 in the last round? Come on, Tiger, where did the MAGIC GO?

i gotta say, i have been extremely disappointed with his play. i know he is ten times more upset about it too...

Colin P.

Note: This thread is 5454 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!