Sign in to follow this  
golfaddiction

Animals on the course

Note: This thread is 4156 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

84 posts / 15650 viewsLast Reply

I've seen rabbits, squirrels, turkeys, ducks, geese, hawks, and deer. The deer were probably the coolest, since I see them the least often.

Geese
Turtles
Copperhead- between 5th and 6th hole there is a concrete bridge that sticks about 2 feet above the creek water... he hangs out under there.
Beavers have it dammed up just downstream think that's why they like it there.

The course i play has thousands of geese. They get annoying. But mostly i see squirrels, deer, and groundhogs. But last week i saw a black bear!

Last weekend had 5 Tom turkey wander right across the cart path if front of me and had to wait to tee off as a doe with 2 fawn walked across the fairway.

Deer, squirrel, snake (harmless), Blue Heron, Chicken Hawk, Bass, Carp, Geese galore, and let us not forget the dreaded Gopher (a.k.a. - Varmint).

I was playing at Wright Patterson AFB last year, hit my ball in the middle of the fairway and drove to my friends ball in the rough. I saw some commotion out of the corner of my eye, turned and noticed a hawk in the fairway with his talon grasping my ball. I yelled, "Don't even effin think about it bird!", and it flew away leaving my ball where it was. Dayum ball steeling bastid!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I ran into this snake when I was looking for my drive in the woods. He was over 6 feet long.

If I had known at the time it was harmless king rat snake, I would have taken more (and better) pictures.

The ones with babies (such as the one you took pictures of) are the most dangerous animal on the course.

I guess they love our course and the people who play there because they will come right up to you and grab popcorn right from your hand. its pretty hilarious.

Our course is built right in the middle of the city, it's not a part of a wood or something so there are no animals except for crows. And I've seen a bat one time. Other than that there is nothing.

I killed a baby duck by accident. The ball caught him right in the head, ugly sound. I felt all kinds of bad, especially when the momma was whimpering over it. It was all twitching....man, why'd you make me remember that??

There's these crazy people that live in the bushes on the 15th hole of my home course. They also bathe in the lake in front of the green. So freaky...

Can anybody top a monkey? I started playing golf in Kenya and our home course was full of them. The cutest thing was seeing a baby monkey attached to the mother monkey on her belly, just wrapping its arms and legs around its mom. They're so common that the course's symbol is the monkey.

Note: This thread is 4156 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!