IGNORED

Next American not called 'Tiger Woods'...

RichF
Note: This thread is 5467 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

...to win a Major?

I dunno, I was surprised to see that only three guys other than Tiger Woods have won a major in the last 20 attempts.

But seriously, who'll be the next US player, aside from Woods, with the A-game to win a major?
Zach Johnson? Jim Furyk? Sean O'Hair? Steve Stricker? Anthony Kim? Nick Watney? A.N. Other?
TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°
TaylorMade RAC TP MB 3-PW
TaylorMade RAC TP 54°.10 / 58°.10
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

Johnson is up next I think. Not just because he won last this weekend though, he really is at the top of his game, he's playing extremely well.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

...to win a Major?

well, i can think of 4 already. immelman, harrington, cabrera, johnson, to name a few. and he has won 14, not 17
What I Play:
Wilson Mini Stand Bag | PING G10, 10.5°, Proforce V2 HL S | PING G5, 15°, 18°, Aldila NV 75 S | PING G5, 19°, Aldila VS Proto By You 80 S
Mizuno MX200 4-PW S | Ping Tour W 50/12 X | Ping Tour W 58/TS X | A selection of putters, all 35.5 inches.

• Administrator
well, i can think of 4 already. immelman, harrington, cabrera, johnson, to name a few. and he has won 14, not 17

I think it was pretty clear he meant 3 Americans in the last 20 (not named Tiger Woods).

And he didn't say anything about Tiger's total. Tiger's played in over 40 majors at this point.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Zack johnson seems like a safe bet. people awhile ago after the ryder cup were picking boo to win the british open! that whould be so cool!

in my bag
hibore xls 9.5* S flex
sumo2 sasquatch 3 wood 15*
a2os 3 hybrid
sc2 4-pw mpt raw haze 52* 588 56* wedge xtour PM grind 60* cleveland classic #2

Anthony Kim I think has the game, he just has to put it all together.

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

Well Phil obviously.

Also I am not suprised if Sean O'Hair, Steve Stricker, or ZJ win anytime they tee it up.

I think next tier is Nick Watney and AK.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

Ben Curtis or Anthony Kim for me.

A quote from Kris
...is that college bball really isn't "lower tier". The better teams have their rosters filled with guys who could play in the NBA. hell, guys used to come straight from high school to the NBA. I really don't think there's much of a difference skill-wise between the two.

try and read the post properly first mate!

to answer the question i really think that if he can somehow get his game together then the next american to win a major will be AK! i just think he has the complete game when he is on!

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

Not disagreeing with anyone here...I agree that Z. Johnson, Perry, AK and O'Hair have good shots given that they play to their potential. A name I'm adding to that list, given I don't know much about him, Dustin Johnson. Guy can golf his ball. He's in the Top 10 of the FedEx Cup right now for whatever that's worth, as well.

In the bizzag...

Driver--TaylorMade Burner 9.5*
3W--TaylorMade Burner 15*
Hybrid--TaylorMade Burner Rescue 19*Irons--Maltby KE4 Tour(4-PW)Wedges--Cleveland CG14(52,56,60)Putter--Wilson CI1Ball--Nike One Platinum

I only left out Phil Mickelson cos of the missus. Can't see him being back before the PGA Championship and even then, can you see him winning another Major again?

So, also, what about guys like Chad Campbell, Hunter Mahan, Stewart Cink, Justin Leonard : all members of the Ryder Cup team, all capable of winning a Major...
TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°

i think its gonna be Kenny Perry. he is DETERMINED to win a major and he usually accomplishes his goals

I'm going to disagree with you there. He may be determined, but I'm sure there are many guys determined to win a major, probably all of them. He had his shot at the Masters, not sure if he will ever get that close again.

But I like the guy, so I hope I'm wrong.

i think its gonna be Kenny Perry. he is DETERMINED to win a major and he usually accomplishes his goals...

...which may or may not involve 'gamesmanship'.

Anyway, if he's so determined to win a Major, you'd think he'd have played in a lot more than he has done. I think that this year's Masters choke will haunt him for as long as Carnoustie '07 has done (and probably still is doing) to Sergio Garcia.
TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°

i think its gonna be Kenny Perry. he is DETERMINED to win a major and he usually accomplishes his goals

Eh? Usually accomplishes his goals?

Couldn't be bothered to tee it up in the Open because his "goal" for the season was to make the Ryder Cup team?

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Jim Furyk, but it won't be until the 2010 US Open at Pebble Beach. Not a huge golf course, so length isn't as big of a necessity as it was at Torrey Pines, and will be at Bethpage.

Note: This thread is 5467 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!