IGNORED

Mickelson playing ths year's US Open!

RichF
Note: This thread is 5588 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Like him or hate him, you have to admit, that is good news for the game!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It will be good to see him back out on the course, but I honor what he has done for his wife. I hope he bring the course and competitors to their knees.

FT-5 Tour 9.5 Driver Fujikura E360 X-Stiff
14 Degree Fairway Wood Fujikura Platform
Fusion 21 Degree Hybrid Aldila NV Stiff
X-20 Irons (Uniflex Nippon Shafts)
X Tour Vintage Wedges 54 and 58 Degree Studio Design Stainless Newport 35" Diablo Golf Ball"I must learn there is a difference between...

She seems like the type to say, "Phlillip, you get out there and get us a US Open."

Seeing him play may help her mentaly more than him staying back. He took time off to help her and I'm sure it is at a point where things are ok enough that he can focus on this for a little while.

FTi 10* Draw w/ ProLaunch Blue 65g Stiff
5 Wood
Walter Hagen Ultradyne Blades 3-PW
52*
X-Tour Vintage 56.13 X-Forged Chrome 64.09 Dual Force BladeBall: B330Rx or Pro V1

Phil WILL win the open... everything is lined up for him! he will not let this us open slip by!

in my bag
hibore xls 9.5* S flex
sumo2 sasquatch 3 wood 15*
a2os 3 hybrid
sc2 4-pw mpt raw haze 52* 588 56* wedge xtour PM grind 60* cleveland classic #2

The fans at The Black will give him a hero's welcome. NY loves Phil. If he wins it they will go beserk!

I'm down to a 10 handicap. At this rate, I'll get to scratch at 90 years old!

Good to hear, should add a storyline to the tournament...
In My Bag:
Driver: R7 Limited Matrix Ozik X-con Stiff
3 Wood: 909F3 Aldila Voodoo Stiff
Irons: AP1 3-PW DG S200
Wedge: Vokey Spin Milled 54° NickelWedge: Forged 60°Putter: Rossa Balls: Pro V1XAvatar: Nicklaus North Golf Course, Whistler BC

Being a big Phil fan I am excited he is playing, but I don't think he'll even be a factor other than a few sentimental words and a pink ribbon.

Hopefully Amy will beat this thing and next year Phil can find some magic and add a major or two.

My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

yeah, i agree. as much as i like phil...he really has a lot on his plate mentally to focus for such a task. but if he should win.......it may just be the best US Open victory..IMO

"One of the reasons Arnie Palmer is playing so well is that, before each final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them. Oh my God, what have I just said."
US Open TV Commentator

S9-1 Pro D Driver 9.5 Degree Matrix Ozik XCON-6
CGB 3WPro Baffler 2/R 2HybridMP-37 Project X 6.0Vokey...

Like him or hate him, you have to admit, that is good news for the game!

I agree with you. He has many fans in the metropolitan New York area, and they will be thrilled. The US Open is always exciting any way, but this makes it very, very exciting.

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

im not a phil fan at all, but as a cancer survivor myself this is gut wrenching and i only hope the best for amy.

Colin P.

• Administrator
Being a big Phil fan I am excited he is playing, but I don't think he'll even be a factor other than a few sentimental words and a pink ribbon.

Why? He's barely taken a break. He's playing the week before. Amy's illness seems to have been initially thought to be much worse than it is (hopefully so), so Phil's basically playing a normal schedule. He's missed one tournament he'd normally play: Colonial. And he contended last time at Bethpage.

In other words, why won't he be a factor? It's an opinion, and you're entitled to it, but it strikes me as a silly one given the facts of the situation.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

The fans at The Black will give him a hero's welcome. NY loves Phil. If he wins it they will go beserk!

I'm not disagreeing with you - but asking - why is he so popular in NY? He's a native Califiornian. Is there some NY connection?

I'm not disagreeing with you - but asking - why is he so popular in NY? He's a native Califiornian. Is there some NY connection?

The crowds in New York really took to him the last time the Open was at Bethpage. There was a bit of "Phil-Mania" going on. Plus, he has stated on many occassions how much he loves New York and comes here a few times a year. IIRC, I believe in Golf Digest he stated how he and Amy were house shopping in the Hamptons and have thought about living here part of the year.

Titleist 905T Accra SC75 M4 Shaft

Nike SQ 4W Accra T70 M4 Shaft
HB001 17* Hybrid with Mitsubishi Diamana Thump X Stiff Flex
Baffler Pro 20* Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Taylor Made 24* Burner Accra Axiv 105 Tour Hybrid Shaft

Mizuno MP-32 5-PW Black Oxide Finish Project X 6.0 Shafts

Vokey 52* Oil Can Finish TTDG S400 Shaft

Cleveland 588 60* TTDG S400 Shaft

Rife Bimini Blade Putter

Ball-White and Round

I'll be cheering his lard-ass on (especially given the circumstances).

Go Phil!

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

I'll be cheering his lard-ass on (especially given the circumstances).

Have you seen recently. I don't think I would call him fat by any means. He is in better shape than 95% of Americans and as good as shape as 95% of the PGA tour members.

Brian

Note: This thread is 5588 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!