IGNORED

Golf Bags, What do you do?

Note: This thread is 5183 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Get a bag that fits your needs.

"Does the visor match the shoes" is the new "do the curtains match the drapes".

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My bag fits my needs. It's a Military tribute Callaway Digital camo Org 14. It has a mix of clubs in it as you can see in my sig.

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

The last two bags I bought were all black with no name or logo. I actually went out of my way looking for one that was plain. Black goes with anything, right?

I do, however, have a Titleist towel. I figure if I ever switch iron and/or wedge brands, it's easy and cheap enough to get a new towel.

What I Play:

Driver: R9 460
4 Wood: G15

Hy: Callaway FT 3Hy

Irons: AP1 4-PW

Wedges: Vokey 52* & 60*, Mizuno MP-T 10 58*

Putter: Newport Studio Select 2.7

Ball: Nike One Vapor

You buy the bag that fits the your needs. Not what the company is.

i agree. until you're getting sponsored to play, you should equip yourself with what works for you. i always want full length dividers in my bags and usually a good cell phone pocket. i know it's easy to get caught up in the "everything should match" scenario, i do it myself, sometimes it just gives you a sense of reinforcement, but in the end it's all about fitting your needs and your game.

callaway.gif FT-i 9*
nike.gif CPR Hybrid 18*
titleist.gif 735cm 3-PW
nike.gif SV 56*, 60*
odyssey.gif White Hot #8 

I bought my bag based upon quality of construction, features, color and price. Turned out to be a Mizuno bag, and while I own two sets of Mizuno irons and various wedges, only two of the sticks in my bag right now are Mizuno. Doesn't bother me a bit to have MacGregor irons in a Mizuno bag. Buy what suits your needs, regardless of manufacturer.

In a staff blue  Aerolite III

Razr Hawk 10.5* (BB 63 S)
Orig Steelhead 4W 16.8* (F)
Orig Steelhead 7W 20* (M-10)

JPX-800 Pro 4-pw (XP S300)

MP-T Blk Ni 51.06, MP-T Blk Ni 56.14, MP-T Blk Ni 58.10

Bettinardi BC-1 (34")

TM TP Black

Personally I don't care, though If someone was that worried about it, buy your perfect bag in whatever colours you choose, and buy some generic headcovers to match...

Cobra - Speed Pro 8.5º X-Flex, Speed Pro 13º S-Flex | Mizuno - MP CLK 20º Hybrid, MP-67 DG S300 4-PW | Cleveland - CG10 52º,56º, 60º | Rife - Antigua Island 34"

Under Armour is the bomb like tick tick so it's all good man!!! It's a great bag that has great features - greatest of all is the 14 way full-length club divider. I also have a black ping hoofer bag:)
In My Under Armour Links Stand Bag or PING Hoofer Vantage Team Bag :
i15 9.5°, Project X Graphite -7A3 | i15 15.5°, Project X Graphite -8A4 | S57 2 - PW, Project X 6.5 | Tour-W 56.10/60.8 Project X 6.5 | Redwood Black Satin Anser | Titleist Black | Golf Pride Tour Velvet Round Grips With Logo...

Under Armour is the bomb like tick tick so it's all good man!!! It's a great bag that has great features - greatest of all is the 14 way full-length club divider. I also have a black ping hoofer bag:)

I was looking at the Under Armour 14-club divider bag, but it seemed really heavy. I was having a hard time imagining how heavy it was going to be once I had clubs in it while trying at the store. Do you like the bag? Does it seem heavy?

Sorry to hijack the thread, just curious about that particular bag.

What I Play:

Driver: R9 460
4 Wood: G15

Hy: Callaway FT 3Hy

Irons: AP1 4-PW

Wedges: Vokey 52* & 60*, Mizuno MP-T 10 58*

Putter: Newport Studio Select 2.7

Ball: Nike One Vapor

My bag used to match my clubs back when my set was all Mizuno, but not anymore.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Color-wise, my bag is black, so it goes with just about everything. If you're talking about brands, nah. My bag is Titleist, but I don't have any Titleist headcovers, except my Scotty, but you can't really tell.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Love my Black Ogio bag...SO happy I made the right decision.....not flashy but gosh dang its still purdy.. :)

ogio.gif Black/White Ozone Stand bag, Caddytek 13.5 Black/Red Push Cart

taylormade.gif RBZ Tour 9* Stiff / ping.gifRapture 3 'metal' Titanium 14* Stiff Aldila Proto VS 'By You'
adams.gif Hybrid A2 20*3 hybrid Stiff Aldila VS / ping.gifRapture Black Dot 4-PW Stiff / cleveland.gifWedges CG11 54* SW / taylormade.gif RAC 52*, 58*Wedge / odyssey.gif  33" White Hot XG

I got an Indianapolis Colts bag because I love football and they're my favorite team. Plus the bag itself is nice. The fact that it's a Wilson bag and I have Wilson Staff clubs is a coincidence.

In the blue Colts bag:

Driver - FT-5 10°
Hybrids - 4DX 15.5°, 20°
Irons/Wedges - CI-7 4-GW, SW | "Free" Warrior 60° LWPutter - TiffanyBalls - various

I have a weird opinion about golf bags, particularly if you have a lot of matching clubs. I think if you have matching clubs you should have one of two types: either a bag of the same brand or a brand of a bag company (Sun Mountain, Ogio, PING (I Know they make clubs but their bags are awesome so their bags are fine if you have clubs other than PING). If you have a mixed bag of clubs I think you need to have a bag from one of the brands in your bag. Look I know this seems stupid, it's just how I feel.

I am personally looking for a new golf bag. I currently game (that's right it's a verb) a PING Vantage and I am looking to pick up the Sun Mountain Four-5. The black with red-pipping. It's sweet looking.

Don't even ask me about hats/visors...

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

I found a nice Sun Mountain cart bag at my local course toward the end of the season on sale for $50 (60% regular price) ... it's all black so I figured it would go with anything and had most all the features i was looking for ...

Mark Boyd of the Clan Boyd
"Retired in my Dreams"

I have the Callaway Big Bertha Cart Bag (2 back surgeries, so I don't carry), and I don't typically carry a single Callaway club. It was funny though, because last weekend, my normal woods were being reshafted and cut down, so I put my backup 3 and 5 wood in the bag, which are both Callaway FT-i's, and my golf partner let me borrow his spare driver, which was a Callaway FT, so I actually had my clubs match my bag for one round.

Note: This thread is 5183 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!