IGNORED

How far do you hit your clubs?

Note: This thread is 3880 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'd like to see a column on the right with percentages of hit fairways/greens/putting average.

Anyone take these kinds of notes on their game?

My GPS/Scorecard app keeps track of it for me and syncs it with an online database at oobgolf.com.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

I do keep stats.  Here's what I posted earlier for clubs...but I have added a new 5W to fill in the gap between the 4H and 3W and am hitting it in the 205 to 210 range.

D = 230

3W = 220

3H = 195

4H = 185

5I = 170

6I = 160

7I = 150

8I = 140

9I = 130

PW = 110

SW = 90

LW = 60

Here are my stats for 2013 to date from 27 rounds played.  Average score 85.  Fairways hit 70.2%  Missed left 13.9%, missed right 16%.  GIR - 34.4%  Putting Avg 1.92.

I'd like to see a column on the right with percentages of hit fairways/greens/putting average.

Anyone take these kinds of notes on their game?

Absolutely, and you'll find that lots of guys on this forum do the same.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My numbers are similar to sjames above except I'm 5 yards longer. The most important point of all this is hitting a consistent distance everytime. I'm getting to the point where I can reliably hit my clubs certain yardages and get strategy into the mix.

"Repetition is the chariot of genius"

Driver: BENROSS VX PROTO 10.5
Woods: BENROSS QUAD SPEED FAIRWAY 15"
Hybrids:BENROSS 3G 17" BENROSSV5 Escape 20"
Irons: :wilson: DEEP RED Fluid Feel  4-SW
Putter: BENROSS PURE RED
Balls: :wilsonstaff:  Ti DNA

I use the NG360 app. Only played 1 round this month but have improved dramatically. Last month I was at 55 percent driving 53% gir( or where I putted) 1.78 or something putts per green(including from off green) and average score of 80 I think If I were to play I would definantly shoot in the 70s with probably 65 percent fir 60 percent GIR And probably same putts

I use the NG360 app. Only played 1 round this month but have improved dramatically.

Last month I was at 55 percent driving

53% gir( or where I putted)

1.78 or something putts per green(including from off green) and average score of 80 I think

If I were to play I would definantly shoot in the 70s with probably 65 percent fir

60 percent GIR

And probably same putts

Dude, this isn't your personal golf thread, what does that have to do with how far you hit your clubs?

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

They were talking up above about stats I thought. Maybe not oops sorry

Gotcha. I just figured I'd tell you before Erik did. ;-)

If that's the case, quote someone who was talking about stats...that way it doesn't look like you're jumping in to talk about yourself again. :-P

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

He does that alot. [quote name="Slice of Life" url="/t/25474/how-far-do-you-hit-your-clubs/540#post_896576"]you're jumping in to talk about yourself again. :-P [/quote]

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Gotcha. I just figured I'd tell you before Erik did. ;-) If that's the case, quote someone who was talking about stats...that way it doesn't look like you're jumping in to talk about yourself again. :-P

[quote name="Phil McGleno" url="/t/25474/how-far-do-you-hit-your-clubs/540#post_896613"]He does that alot. [/quote] Who dosnt like talking about themselves!

I always INTEND to hit my driver 340 yards. It's usually about 100 yards short of that.

There with you, what I intend and what my mind thinks is never close to reality. :hmm:

But I am always happy with 225 to 240 streight or at least in the fairway.

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

Look up a guy called Gorilla James on youtube.

He is a very long hitter and his posts are crazy distances on simulators and on courses.

He also uploads vlogs when he plays with the same people and he frequently drives par 4s i.e 340 yard par 4 he drives onto the green!

The guys a monster literally he works out all the time and this shows if your born with height of 5'10 or over and put a lot of time into the game and at the gym the it becomes very easy

In The Bag:

Driver: Titleist 913 D2 9.5 w/Phenom 70g S flex 

3-Wood: Callaway x-hot S flex 

Irons: Titleist Ap1 3-pw 

Wedges: Titleist sm4 56/60 

Putter: Odyssey 

Ball: Whatever i find!

:whistle::mad::pound:

• Administrator
Look up a guy called Gorilla James on youtube.

Why? What's the point?

If your answer is any variation of "to watch a guy who can hit the ball far!" then my response would be "So?" And what I mean by that is… what's anything Gorilla James does have to do with this thread, which is about how far YOU hit YOUR clubs (and not at all about how far Gorilla James hits his clubs, unless he's a member here)?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

i was simply stating that there are people who can hit as far as they claim and not get the usual answer of being called a liar.

my distances

Driver:280+

3 Wood:270 have a pic to prove

3 iron:250

4:225

5:215

6:200

7:190

8:180

9:not using at the moment

Pw:150

Wedges 56/60 120 max on both dont really use them outside of 100

In The Bag:

Driver: Titleist 913 D2 9.5 w/Phenom 70g S flex 

3-Wood: Callaway x-hot S flex 

Irons: Titleist Ap1 3-pw 

Wedges: Titleist sm4 56/60 

Putter: Odyssey 

Ball: Whatever i find!

:whistle::mad::pound:

i was simply stating that there are people who can hit as far as they claim and not get the usual answer of being called a liar.

my distances

Driver:280+

3 Wood:270 have a pic to prove

3 iron:250

4:225

5:215

6:200

7:190

8:180

9:not using at the moment

Pw:150

Wedges 56/60 120 max on both dont really use them outside of 100

smfh

Note: This thread is 3880 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!