Sign in to follow this  
SpringBokVol

How far do you hit your clubs?

Note: This thread is 2281 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

560 posts / 83649 viewsLast Reply

I am curious to see how far everyone hits their clubs on a normal full swing.

Here is my breakdown:

Driver: 250
3 Wood: 225
19* Hybrid: 200
4: 190
5: 180
6: 170
7: 160
8: 150
9: 140
P: 130
56*: 105
60*: 75

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

Those are actually very similiar to my distances. I'd say that with a really solid drive I am closer to the ~280 mark, and a solid 3-wood closer to 240, but my irons are the same as yours. My wedges are kind of messed up but I rarely take full swings with them anyway so honestly I am not sure. My irons are old and extremely outdated so I would probably gain some good yardage if I could afford some new ones.

Those are actually very similiar to my distances. I'd say that with a really solid drive I am closer to the ~280 mark, and a solid 3-wood closer to 240, but my irons are the same as yours. My wedges are kind of messed up but I rarely take full swings with them anyway so honestly I am not sure. My irons are old and extremely outdated so I would probably gain some good yardage if I could afford some new ones.

The only reasons you will hit newer irons further is either newer clubs will have lower lofts than your older irons (ie: a current PW usually has a degree from 46-48 and old clubs usually have a PW at around 49-50 degrees of loft) or you just can't hit your old clubs solid.

Driver: 270-285 carry
3 wood: 255-260 carry
5 wood: 240-245 carry
3 iron: 220-225
4 iron: 215
5 iron: 205
6 iron: 195
7 iron: 180-185
8 iron: 170
9 iron: 160
PW: 148
SW: 118
LW: 95
Putter: In the hole

Driver: Can't use it, Don't use it
3wood: 260
3H: 225-250
4i: 215
5i:195
6i:180
7i:170
8i:160
9i:140-150
Pw:125-130 (full swing)
sw:100 ( full swing)
58*: 75 (full swing)
Putter: in the hole in 1 or 3

working on having a consistant enough swing to utilize those #'s properly. Never know when i will hit a good shot or send it after the ducks to the right.

Driver 290-80
17* hybrid 240-35
3i 225-60
4i 210-80
5i 195-90
6i 175-100
7i 165-100
8i 155-100
9i 142-100
pw 135-100
53* 110-100
56*90-110
60*65-130
These are all full swings.
The first numbers is what I hope to hit the club the second is when I don't hit the ball well

When I really want to crank it, my distances are as follow;
Driver-290
3 wood-270
3 iron-240
4 iron-230
5 iron-220
6 iron-210
7 iron-200
8 iron-185
9 iron-175
P wedge-160
52 wedge-135
56 wedge-115
60 wedge-100

*Note-I do de-loft with a closed face so my distances are a bit inflated

Driver: 220-240
3 wood: 210-220
5 wood: 190-200
4 iron: 180-185
5 iron: 175-180
6 iron: 165-170
7 iron: 150-160
8 iron: 140-150
9 iron: 120-130
PW (46*): 100-110
SW (54*): 75-100

My new irons just came in last Friday, so I've gone to the range a few times over the past two or three days for the sole purpose of getting these numbers. These are assuming I get a decent shot on the ball, which is easier said than done for me at this point :p

D- 290-320+roll
18*h- 235
3- 220
4- 210
5- 200
6- 190
7- 180
8- 170
9- 160
P- 145-150
52*-130
56*- 120
60*- 90-100

P.S.- Trying to get most responses by a newbee post?? Lololol.

Its pretty funny that if tiger woods were reading this he would think to himself man these guys hit the ball so much further then me and I have one of the fastest swings on tour...
Tiger woods distance

Driver: 285 yards (of carry)
3 Wd: 265 yards (of carry)
2 Iron: 245 yards
3 Iron: 230 yards
4 Iron: 220 yards
5 Iron: 208 yards
6 Iron: 190 yards
7 Iron: 172 yards
8 Iron: 158 yards
9 Iron: 142 yards
Pitching Wedge: 128 yards
Sand Wedge: 106 yards
Lob Wedge (60°): 92 yards

And why would you deloft a lob wedge?!?

Some of you guys just kill the ball!
All my distances are full swing carry.
I don't mind being the short knocker here.

Driver- 265
3 wood-250
2 iron- 230
3 iron- 210
4 iron- 195
5 iron- 185
6 iron- 175
7 iron- 165
8 iron- 155
9 iron- 145
PW- 128
SW- 97
LW- 78

Some of you guys just kill the ball!

Haha. Your even longer than me with the irons. D: 275 3W: 260 3I: 195 4I: 185 5I: 175 6I: 165 7I: 155 8I: 145 9I: 135 PW: 120 GW: 100 SW: 80

Driver- 260 carry
2 Hybrid- 220 carry (250 with roll)
5 Hybrid- 200 carry
6 Iron- 185
7 Iron- 175
8 Iron- 160
9 Iron- 145
PW- 130
Gap Wedge- 125
58º SW- 94

Putter- 0-2 putts

Haven't really checked all of the distances but these are the clubs I use at these distances and I'm usually pin-high. Going to the golf clinics every wednesday, we are working on exact distances for each club. I'll re-do my distances if any of these are really off.

~RHPM

Its pretty funny that if tiger woods were reading this he would think to himself man these guys hit the ball so much further then me and I have one of the fastest swings on tour...

???? Tiger can easily carry it 300 yards. I don't know where you got those distances from.

Also delofting is natural in a sense. The degree of the club is measured with the shaft even with the club head, but when you hit a ball your hands lead out in front of the club head which then causes the club to have less than the number of degrees it says it has.

That's because Tiger swings at about 80% on most of his iron shots for control. If he wanted he could hit a 6 iron 220 yards. Most Amaturs swing almost nearly as hard as they can.

These are the yardages I use as a baseline (sea level, summer heat), and I add or subtract off them given the conditions:

Driver - 300
15 hybrid - ?? (came in the mail on Friday)
3 iron - 225
4 iron - 210
5 iron - 195
6 iron - 185
7 iron - 175
8 iron - 165
9 iron - 150
PW - 140
50 - 120 (3/4 swing)
54 - 105 (3/4 swing)
60 - never swing full, only use around the green or from 40 yards and in
Putter - in the hole

Note: This thread is 2281 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!