IGNORED

How far do you hit your clubs?

Note: This thread is 3850 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

well according to a scientific research they found that if tiger putted for you it would save an average 2.8 strokes but if he hit all shots froom 100+yards he would shave 9.4 strokes so which one is more important for us again??

haha touche! i dont know im pretty good at chipping!

In my Sun Mountain MPB bag:
Burner 07 9.5w/ Prolaunch Red
SZ Fairway Woods 4+ and 7
Rescue TP 3 hybrid
200 series irons 4-pwcg11 wedges 52*,56*,60*White Hot 2-BallDT RollHome Course: www.bodegaharbourgolf.com/

Hi im new here and figure this is a good place to start:

Driver : 250 yds
3-Wood: 230 yards
18 Hybrid: 210 yards
3 iron: 200 yds
4 iron: 190 yds
5 iron: 180 yds
6 iron: 170 yds
7 iron: 160 yds
8 iron: 150 yds
9 iron: 130-140 yds
PW: 120-130 yds
52: 100-110 yds
56: 90-100 yds
60: 20-70 yds

I too was surprised at first to see so many of these people that are hitting it 300+ yards off the tee, especially people with 15+ handicaps. They must be very "long and wrong" or not have a good short game. I am not a bomber by anymeans but im in the fairway 90% of the time.

Clubs:

Driver: Ping G10 10.5 UST Mamiya Proforce V2 Stiff
Fairway: Ping G10 15.5 UST Mamiya Proforce V2 stiff
Hybrid: Ping G10 18.0 UST Mamiya Proforce V2 H stiffIrons:  Ping S56 3-PW KBS tour StiffWedges:  Ping Tour S 56, 60 degree KBS tour stiffPutter:  Ping scottsdale anser 2 34"

I couldn't agree more.

50 yards is not a "tad bit". When there are two identical short games, the longer hitter wins. Period. That is a definate advantage. I rarely swing for the fences. I was last clocked at 124mph on driver, about 90% swing. Tired that day I guess, lol. My "out of shoes" is more than that, still mostly controlled and balanced, but rarely necessary. Just to show off. Occasionally, mishits are amplified; but it's worth it. My irons/wedges are nice, controlled and smooth (in relative terms, still faster than short hitters). Specific, no need to unleash. This day in age many people can take some off of it and still hit 280. Someone can be scratch and hit 250 max off the tee, but they will NEVER be in high-level competition. Unless it's from the red tees, lol. Out with the old.....

In my bag:
r7 9.5, 47"
18* burner rescue 08
x-18, 3-Pw
cg14 camo, 52* 56* 60* DFX 5500, blade, $70 jewel.. ........Jack herer....mountain dew......You know you wanna play here, pony up::http://www.lakeofisles.com/golf/nort...seflyover.html

50 yards is not a "tad bit". When there are two identical short games, the longer hitter wins. Period. That is a definate advantage. I rarely swing for the fences. I was last clocked at 124mph on driver, about 90% swing. Tired that day I guess, lol. My "out of shoes" is more than that, still mostly controlled and balanced, but rarely necessary. Just to show off. Occasionally, mishits are amplified; but it's worth it. My irons/wedges are nice, controlled and smooth (in relative terms, still faster than short hitters). Specific, no need to unleash. This day in age many people can take some off of it and still hit 280. Someone can be scratch and hit 250 max off the tee, but they will NEVER be in high-level competition. Unless it's from the red tees, lol. Out with the old.....

I think you are missing my point though. I'm not talking about scratch golfers or "high-level competition"; I'm talking about the average hacker that's trying to hit their clubs as far as they can by swinging as hard as they can. The "longer" one is only an advantage if it is in the fairway, a place the average long bombing high-handicapper rarely is at. It's MUCH better to hit your driver at 80% and catching the fairway the majority of the time than it is to swing 100% and only hit the fairway a couple of times per round. To me, the average golfer should concentrate on direction and consistent distance control. Once they have a good grasp of these, THEN they should gradually try to add distance as they progress.

No offense, but if you can hit the ball as far and as "controlled and smooth" as you say you can why the heck are you a 22 capper? You should be AT WORST a 10, and thats even if you dont have a great short game. And your comment about someone who can only hit it 250 max never being in high level competition is just such a stupid comment. Go take a look at the PGA tour statistics on their website. The Bottom 25% of PGA tour players average around 250-260 (and by bottom 25% I mean bottom 25% of driving distance, NOT bottom 25% overall) and yet there they are competing on the PGA tour.

Clubs:

Driver: Ping G10 10.5 UST Mamiya Proforce V2 Stiff
Fairway: Ping G10 15.5 UST Mamiya Proforce V2 stiff
Hybrid: Ping G10 18.0 UST Mamiya Proforce V2 H stiffIrons:  Ping S56 3-PW KBS tour StiffWedges:  Ping Tour S 56, 60 degree KBS tour stiffPutter:  Ping scottsdale anser 2 34"

No offense, but if you can hit the ball as far and as "controlled and smooth" as you say you can why the heck are you a 22 capper? You should be AT WORST a 10, and thats even if you dont have a great short game. And your comment about someone who can only hit it 250 max never being in high level competition is just such a stupid comment. Go take a look at the PGA tour statistics on their website. The Bottom 25% of PGA tour players average around 250-260 (and by bottom 25% I mean bottom 25% of driving distance, NOT bottom 25% overall) and yet there they are competing on the PGA tour.

I'm no 22, you must mean someone else. And Corey Pavin doesn't win much. Well, maybe in the 1980's. And even he avgs. a little more than 250, key word was "max." Unless you putt like Faxon or have a Seve short game, you might wanna put it out there a bit. Take some pressure off.

In my bag:
r7 9.5, 47"
18* burner rescue 08
x-18, 3-Pw
cg14 camo, 52* 56* 60* DFX 5500, blade, $70 jewel.. ........Jack herer....mountain dew......You know you wanna play here, pony up::http://www.lakeofisles.com/golf/nort...seflyover.html

Had my cap at 0-99 for a joke since I joined, because caps fluxuate. I look down and it says 22! lol. Don't know how, I didn't change it. I'm low teen, if that.. I see how ya got that, uppi. I'm actually kinda curious how that happened, I really didn't set that. Did it somehow reset? Do they not like the "-" ? Who got my Password? lololol. Is there an administrator to ask??

In my bag:
r7 9.5, 47"
18* burner rescue 08
x-18, 3-Pw

Driver : 240-250
3-Wood: 220
4 iron: 180-190
5 iron: 170
6 iron: 160
7 iron: 150
8 iron: 140
9 iron: 130
SW: 100-110

Keep in mind I'm only 14 yrs old :P

Driver: Nike Sumo 5000
Irons: Mizuno Mx19s
Wedges: 46 Degree PW, 50 Degree GW, 54 Degree SW (10 bounce)
Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball Putter
Balls: Bridgestone E5+Lowest Rounds: 9 Holes - 34 @ Lake Wilderness.18 Holes - 73 @ Chinook Winds Golf Resort (On a vacation trip, it was the easiest course...

[QUOTE=clonewars222;321794]Driver : 240-250
3-Wood: 220
4 iron: 180-190
5 iron: 170
6 iron: 160
7 iron: 150
8 iron: 140
9 iron: 130
SW: 100-110

Keep in mind I'm only 14 yrs old

I'm 49 and hit about the same if you see me on the coarse please stay away from me

I'm gonna blow some minds!

9I 120
8I 125-135
7I 135-140
6I 140-155
5I 150-170
4I 165-175
3H 185-190
5W 200
D 240-270

I think I have the shortest distances here, but guess what, they're my distances and they're solid. I almost don't want to start hitting irons further because then I would have to ass around with what to hit when. I can get to the hole just as easy or easier than a lot of others with huge numbers.

I've been doing this seriously for really only about 6 months now (broke 100 in April), and I have some dumpy irons.

I have a feeling my handicap will be much lower by the end of calendar '09, but my iron distances won't be much different at all despite their apparent puniness.

Ben Hogan is my swing coach.

Driver: Burner TP
3 & 5 Woods: No-name
3H:No-name4i-PW: MP-32...unapologetically...You should try blades, too56*: CG12Putter: Spider

I'm guessing a good part of the lack of distance with your irons is due to the irons themselves. Based on your driver distance, I'm guessing better irons would add 10-15 yards. Like you said though, the only real important thing is knowing how far each club goes when you hit it.

In my Datrek Rage bag:
Driver: Sumo 5000 w/ Aldila VS Proto Stiff
4-Wood: SasQuatch 2 w/ Diamana Stiff
Irons: AP2 4-PW w/ PX 6.0
Wedges: Zodia US Spec 52*, Yururi Gekku 57*, 588 DSG RTG+Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Style 3.5 or Odyssey White Hot Tour #1Ball: ProV1 or whatever I find!

i dont see anything wrong with your distances. you seem to be right around the standard amateur lengths iron-wise. nothing wrong at all with that. a lot of people in this thread have inflated their distances. theres nothing wrong with being honest MM

My distances are almost identical to yours. I just bought new irons which I had fitted, and now I'm hitting all my irons appx. 10 yards shorter than my old set. Needless to say, I'm not real pleased. But that's for another thread...

driver: 240 to 260
4+ 215 to 225
7wood 195 to 205
3 hybrid 190 to 200
5 iron 172 to 179
6 iron 163 to 169
7 iron 151 to 158
8 iron 141 to 146
9 iron 133 to 138
pw 117 to 125
52* 90 to 95
56* 75 to 84
60* 58 to 66
ive got a big gap between my pitching wedge which is really a 10 iron and my 52* anybody else get this? i hit my 52* 56* and 60* very fat alot.

In my Sun Mountain MPB bag:
Burner 07 9.5w/ Prolaunch Red
SZ Fairway Woods 4+ and 7
Rescue TP 3 hybrid
200 series irons 4-pwcg11 wedges 52*,56*,60*White Hot 2-BallDT RollHome Course: www.bodegaharbourgolf.com/

10*Driver: 240
25* hybrid: 200-220
5 iron: 180-190
6 iron: 160-170
7 iron: 150-160
8 iron: 140-150
9 iron: 130-135
46*PW: 120-130
50*UW: 100-110
57*SW: 90-100
60*LW: 75

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

8 iron surprised me today, had a light breeze behind me and what's rarely more than 140-150 yd club wound up around 160+. Not good since I bounced off the back shoulder of the green.

My Dynamic Gold shafts seem to give a high trajectory, and normally not that long. I think this one just caught some stronger winds aloft.

Every once in a while the 5 iron will roll out to 190 but usually 160-180. But hey, with a real wind in my face that number can drop like a rock eg. 145, 150.
Wind can really knock those numbers down or up.

McGolf-Doggie's stand bag & new and used club emporium:
Putter :ping: 1/2Craz-e | Irons :TaylorMade: RAC MB, 4i-PW (DG S300) |Wedges :Cleveland: SW&LW 56*DSG+RTG; 60*/4* DSG+RTG |Woods :Cobra: S1 5W; Adams TIght Lies 3W |Driver :TaylorMade: Burner 9.5 Fujikura Reax S | Maxfli Practice

driver: 240 to 260

I have the same issue. I've been working on hitting a 3/4 PW to bridge the gap between my PW and 52°. But now I've started pushing everything to the right when taking a 3/4 swing.

Driver: Cleveland Hi-Bore Tour 9.5°, Fujikura Fit-On Red-Stiff
Fairway: Cleveland Hi-Bore 15°, Grafalloy ProLaunch Red-Stiff
Hybrid: Taylor Made Rescue Dual TP 3H, Diamana Blue Board-Stiff
Irons: MacGregor MT 3-PW, Nippon N.S. Pro 950GH Stiff
Wedges: MacGregor MT Pro 52-6° & 58-10°Putter:...

I have the same issue. I've been working on hitting a 3/4 PW to bridge the gap between my PW and 52°. But now I've started pushing everything to the right when taking a 3/4 swing.

I notice that both of you have different make wedges & irons. The way I found to bridge the gap was to have the same make/model for the whole set, keeping consistancy. I have MX100 irons 4-SW & 50* MX series gap wedge. I don't carry a lob wedge yet, but I will get the MX series LW when I do.

Note: This thread is 3850 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!