IGNORED

I might be sold on the Pro-V1

CarlSpackler
Note: This thread is 5422 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Have you tried lostgolfballs.com?

Sure have. I think my friend and I are going in on an order since he plays Pro V1s.

I have been playing various balls and have not been loyal to a particular one. Some typical ones for me were Noodle Long and Soft, NXT Tour, Nike SFT, TM Burner LDP. I even have some Slazinger Raw Distance balls in the bag that I don't use often. I have been playing some Rock Flite D2 (Feel and Straight) that the old man gave me to try.

- Shane

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

According to the Titleist site you are incorrect. Essentially the PRACTICE is like a logo ball...

Thanks for the correction. I haven't seen X-Outs in a while so I thought they just started calling them "Practice". So "Practice" probably just have cover blemishes and are OK but X-outs could have size and weight issues and are not OK.

Rob Tyska

Sure have. I think my friend and I are going in on an order since he plays Pro V1s.

This has been discussed a ton on this site but remember all of the balls from lostgolfballs.com have been sitting in water. I'm not saying that they are no good ( I've ordered them myself), it's just something that not everyone realizes. These balls have been sitting in water which has been proven to change their performance. Great deals on balls though

I've read that and is understood. I am thinking that a Pro V1 that has been "thoroughly cleaned" is better than another ball fresh out of the box. Bear in mind that I do not play competitively (yet).

- Shane

Thanks for the correction. I haven't seen X-Outs in a while so I thought they just started calling them "Practice"..

No problem.

So "Practice" probably just have cover blemishes and are OK but X-outs could have size and weight issues and are not OK.

I agree - I have seen small cover blemishes (usually a tiny extra flake of the urethane cover material) on the Practice balls. The worst defect I have observed was the side stamp (AIM line) not being "straight" in relation to the other stamps. I've only purchased one ball like that out of roughly 8 dozen.

In the bag:
905R 9.5° - UST ProForce V2 65R
909F2 15.5° Titleist Diamana 75
909H 19° Titleist Diamana 80
Zing 2 3-PW Vokey SM48.08 @ 51° Vokey SM56.11 Unitized Leo

I tell you what, I still need to get more lag and body turn into my swing to generate the clubhead speed to hit them the way they were designed to be compressed off the tee. But I happened to find one while looking for my NXT so I played the rest of my round wiht it and man, could I get that thing to check up on the green better than any other ball I've played.

In my Callaway stand bag:

9.5 Degree Taylormade Burner Superfast Adilla Voodoo shaft
3 Wood: Cleveland Launcher 15 degree Adilla Voodoo shaft
Irons 3-SW: Callaway X-14 Steelhead

Lob wedge: Cleveland 60 degree

Putter: Ping Anser Karsten

It is really strange....

That's amazing for a 22 handicap!

A quote from Kris
...is that college bball really isn't "lower tier". The better teams have their rosters filled with guys who could play in the NBA. hell, guys used to come straight from high school to the NBA. I really don't think there's much of a difference skill-wise between the two.

ProVs are definitely awesome balls.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

..and probably the most overrated club in golf also!

lol...right...theres a reason why theyre so popular.

Colin P.

It is really strange....

Hmm, seems you found a 'magical fairway-seeking Pro v1' in the woods - you're a 22 hcap and hit all the fairways?

In the bag...

G10 9° Driver
G10 17° 4 Wood
G10 21° Hybrid i15 4-PW Tour-W Wedges 50/12 & 56/10 Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 (35")Balls - Bridgestone B330-RX

Play-it-again sports has ProV1 ProV1x recycled balls (not resurfaced) for $20 a dozen. Bought 3 boxes yesterday.

Aerolite III bag
MP600 10.5*
F-50 15*
MP57's Project X 5.5 3-PW
CG10 56* RAC 52* 60* 2 Ball putter ProV1/ProV1X Blackberry Storm GolfLogix

For what its worth, I played last weekend with a ProV1x I found in the woods along a fairway a couple weeks before that.

It was the first time I went the entire round without losing one ball! AND, I shanked one drive high right directly into woods running right down a fairway. I walked down the woods and a random guy that was playing with us found it, a few inches away from a ditch wall that had a creek running at the bottom of it. Somehow it hit the right branch and did not go all the way in. Magic little suckers!

Today I used a Pro-V1x I found last time out. Second green I hit it crisply from about 110 yds and spun it back at least 6 feet. Those things are unreal. (Soft greens, but even then...)

Today I used a Pro-V1x I found last time out. Second green I hit it crisply from about 110 yds and spun it back at least 6 feet. Those things are unreal. (Soft greens, but even then...)

Holy! a 28 handicap spinning it back 6 feet?!?!! I have to try these things out!

A quote from Kris
...is that college bball really isn't "lower tier". The better teams have their rosters filled with guys who could play in the NBA. hell, guys used to come straight from high school to the NBA. I really don't think there's much of a difference skill-wise between the two.

Holy! a 28 handicap spinning it back 6 feet?!?!! I have to try these things out!

I don't think there is anything special about spinning the ball back, I can do it with my 56* and any urethane-covered multilayer balls. Why they surprise?

I don't think there is anything special about spinning the ball back, I can do it with my 56* and any urethane-covered multilayer balls. Why they surprise?

From 110 out? Plus, you're an 18 hdcp, he's a 28.

A quote from Kris

I dunno know about you but I have lost plenty of Pro V1s. There is nothing magical about them, it was just you playing out of your skin because of your perception of the balls value/ability. The prov was the first premium ball I ever tried, after that I no longer played top flights. :D

MX500 9.5* S
Burrows Golf MAC Powersphere 3W
IDEA PRO Irons
Perfect Club 21*
IDEA PRO 3HSakamoto 54* X-tour 60* Newport 2 Pro Platinum Custom

Do you need to be a sub 20 handicap to hit a good shot? Any good shot will impart backspin on the ball.

Note: This thread is 5422 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!