IGNORED

if you had an exemption to play in any major, which would it be, and why...

senorchipotle
Note: This thread is 5392 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It looks like Augusta is going to be very crowded with all of us there playing. But, if i could pick one, The Masters would certainly be it, then the U.S. open followed by PGA, then the British. I actually enjoy watching the british second to the masters, but, I do not like playing links style courses.

Enjoy life now ladies and gentlemen, there is no second time around.

US Open. Without a doubt.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

The U.S. Open.
Why?
Cuz its the friggin U.S. Open!

:P
In the bag Nike SasQuatch SuMo 10.5* {} Tiger Shark Hammerhead 3w, 5w, 3h {} Nickent 3DX Pro 5i-PW {} Titleist Vokey 250.08* {} Cleveland CG11. 54* {} Callaway X-Tour 58.11* {} Carbite Tour Classic Putter {} Titleist ProV1x

The Masters, because it's exclusive and probably the most prestigious event.
What's In My Stand Bag...
Driver: R9 TP 9.5*
3W: R9 15*
Hybrid: Rescue Dual TP 2H 16*
Irons 3-P: MP-62Wedges: Vokey 52* & 58*Putter: 34" Newport StudioBall: Pro V1x

Definitely the Masters. It just has a different aura about it and the Augusta National golf course holds a certain mistique for me as well.

Plus, given the way the USGA handled the women's open qualifying where a dozen qualifiers shot almost 160 for two rounds, I figure I might have a chance to get in if I could get my handicap down under 2, lol.

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

The Masters, I guess growing up the TV coverage for it was first rate, Like no other! It has always held my fasination more then the US Open or the British Open.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

The Masters!

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

The Masters, I guess growing up the TV coverage for it was first rate, Like no other! It has always held my fasination more then the US Open or the British Open.

The first time I watched the Masters in HD 1080p on my 57" LCD ... WOW!! I think I wet myself!! HAHAHAHAHA

I make all my own clubs:
Driver: Snake Eyes Python XLD | | 3-Wood: Snake Eyes Python XL Faiway, 15*  | | Snake Eyes HT Iron Set, 3-, 4-Utility, 5-, 6-Hybrid, 7-PW Cavity Back | | Golfsmith G-40 Wedges, 52, 56, 60 | | Distance Master DM-AS2 Putter | |Ball? The last one I found ... that... was YOURS!!

The Masters, easily. I would love to play Augusta more than any other golf course in America

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

While the US, British and PGA venues change courses throughout the years, Augusta remains the sanctuary of the sport and the sole scene of the Masters.

Besides, I can pay money and go to any other course where the other majors are played...

Please don´t swing while I´m talking !!

I think I'd give my exemption to someone far more worthy.

If I had a U.S. Mid-Amateur Champion level game I'd want to play the Masters, then the two Opens depending on the course.

in the bag...

Driver: MX560
3W/5W: Tight Lies
3i-pw: Pi-7gw/sw: Tom Watsonputter: Bulls Eye bag: Ozoneball: / home: Lake of the Woods @ www.golfthelake.com

The Open Championship, or the US Open (depending on the location). I love the Masters but I'm an ocean course type of guy. Augusta is probably the nicest course in the US, but if it was somehow on the ocean it would be unbelievable.

The Masters, except about 10 years ago, when they weren't trying to be the hardest major. Short rough, fast greens and under-par winners. That's how I like my Masters.
In The Bag

Titleist 905T 9.5°
Nike Sumo2 15°
Nike Sumo2 19°Nike Forged Irons - 3-PW Titleist Bob Vokey Spin Milled 56°10°Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport 2

For me it would be The Open Championship. That tournament has so much history and prestige that to me personally it would be the most important.
The Masters and the U.S. Open are great tournaments, but they dont have the history and the prestige of The Open Championship.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I think I'd give my exemption to someone far more worthy.

well, thanks for answering part of my question. sorry we're not ''worthy'' enough to get an explanation to a simple question. who is worthy, if you don't mind my asking?

For me it would most definitely be The US Open!

My game is built far more to compete in a US Open. I can handle making 10-12 straight pars at a time! Throw in a birdie and bogey here and there and you come close to shooting even par!

I can deffinitely see myself winning a US Open shooting Even Par more than winning the Masters/British Open/PGA having to shoot -5 to -10 in those tournaments!

Fun thread to Dream,,,lol!!!!!

In My Bag:
Driver: :Cobra Amp Cell Pro 9.5*, Stock X-Flex

3 Wood: :Cobra Bio Cell 16*, Stock X-Flex

5 Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 20*, Stock S-Flex
Irons: Bridgestone J40-CB 3-PW, Project-X 6.0

Gap Wedge::Vokey: 52* CNC  

Sand Wedge: :Vokey: 58* CNC  

Putters: Scotty Cameron Newport II 

Ball: Bridgestone 330-S(2014)

I would pick the Masters.
Even if i was in the trees every second shot haha.

They say golf is like life, but don't believe them. Golf is more complicated than that.

Note: This thread is 5392 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!