IGNORED

How do you mark your ball for identification?

SergioFan23
Note: This thread is 2940 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I like to write completely nonsensical words with a fine-tip sharpie. Things like "rutabaga" or "coelom."  Or if it's a Hogan Tour Deep ball, I like to write "Give it" right in front of the Tour Deep on the side so when you read it it sounds like it says "Give it to'er deep." It keeps me from taking the game to seriously or overthinking it, and I figure I'm going to lose the ball eventually anyways, and it might make someone laugh when they find it.

classic, i am going to dig up an old tour deep.  That was a great ball!  Wish I could still buy em.

Founder/President, AroGolf Premium Milled Putters
Titleist 983K 9.5 / Adams Insight 3W / Rotation of hybrids/long irons
Ping i3 Blades White Dot 5-PW / Ping Tour Wedges Green Dot 52, 58
AroGolf iON1 FB BLACK mil-spec putter

i have a looping mark that i make that stands for the two intials in my name (J + S).   its unique enough i don't have to worry about my ball being mistaken.  however, i find those tin-cup templates to be pretty damn fun looking, i'm thinking of changing!

golfball.png

In my Grom Stand bag:

Driver: Ping G20, 8.5 Tour Stiff
Wood/Hybrid: G20 3W, Raylor 19*, 22*
Irons: R9 5I - SW, TM CGB LW

Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi-Mid

Favorites: Old Ranch (Seal Beach), Ike/Babe (Industry Hills), Skylinks (Long Beach), Desert Willow (Palm Desert)

I use a single green dot (with a sharpie) just to the right of the number on both sides of the ball.  I'll rarely (but sometimes) use the alignment line on the ball.  Unless its one of those exception times I prefer to only see the blank side of the ball when putting.

Dos it bother you when others don't mark their ball?  I hate playing with somebody random that is looking for their ball and pulls the old "Can't remember if it was an X or a Y. That one you just found might be it."

In the bag:
Driver:  Burner 10.5* Stiff     ||    3 Wood:  Burner 13* Stiff     ||     Hybrids:  Slingshot 17*, 21*, 24* Utility

Irons:  MX-300 5-PW     ||     Gap & Sand Wedge:  Spin-Milled Black Nickel 52.08* / 58.08*

Putter:  VP-09 Blade 33"     ||     Ball:  Penta TP

No affiliation, but I recently purchased a TinCup product and am pretty happy with the product. When playing with stranger's' it is a good conversation starter.

It's a bit steep for something to 'just' mark my ball, but it will last forever and I have given serious consideration to starting to use them for client gifts.

http://www.tin-cup.com/product.php?productid=16176&cat;=3&page;=1

Single blue line and my initials

The schoolteacher was taking her first golfing lesson. "Is the word spelt p-u-t or p-u-t-t?" she asked the instructor. "P-u-t-t is correct," he replied. "Put means to place a thing where you want it. Putt means merely a vain attempt to do the same thing."

• 11 months later...

I use a softspike ball marker.  I change things slightly based on the brand, but right now I'm using Taylormade Burners and I mark them with a line extending from both sides of the "taylormade" a little so that if I look at green level at my ball, the marking only goes halfway down the ball.  I then place a line above and below the "or" in taylormade so I have something to check that my putter face is square at address.

Until recently, that's all I did, but when my putting got better a few of my buddies started marking the ball in a similar way, and I noticed more people at my local 9 hole course had similar markings, so I put a green dot under the number on the ball.  Its a bit much, but no one ever mistakes my ball.

Its also a nice way of knowing you found your ball the next day after losing it on a wayward drive the day before!

Dirver:  Burner Superfast (Stiff Shaft) 9.5*----3 wood: Daiwa 3 Metal G-4 Brougham

2 Hybrid: T7 Attack 16*----3 Hybrid: Golden Bear GB Tech 460----4-AW  Burner 2.0 (R Flex)

SW:  56* LW: Mitsubisha 60*  Ball: Nike PD Soft -- Glove:  Weathersof

All the balls I use are found on the course that my parents live on.  Folks in a tournament (or outing) will break out the good stuff, but on best ball or captains choice they will not put too much effort into finding them (the course is tight and anything off the fairway is pretty much in the woods).  I cull my favorites from the 3 file boxes full that they have in the garage.

The long and short of it is that I use the mark that was already on the ball

Why do they call golf "golf"?  Because all the other four letter words were taken.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Silver underline on the name of the ball on the side.

What's In My Bag:
Driver: TaylorMade R11s 9* w/ Fujikura Motore F1
3 Wood: TaylorMade R11s w/ Mitsubishi Fubuki 
Irons: Taylormade R11
Wedges: Titleist SM4 Vokey 52.08, 56.11, 60.04 
Putter: Odyssey Metal-X #9
Ball: Taylormade Penta TP5

Smiley face with black sharpie, sometimes write notes on them like taco bell sauce packs.

Please don't hurt me.

I'm righty, where'd lefty go?

I love this fresh shave.

You found me.

Please return to owner, look out behind you.

I was enjoying that swim.

simple... cause i'm a simple man... SJ above the "T" i Titleist with a Red Sharpie (I wear red and black in the final round of tournaments... just looks good)

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

I put three dots to the side of the name of the ball.  I am a big Steeler fan, so the dots are in the alignment of the "hypocycloids" that are on a Steeler helmet.

• 3 years later...

What marking(s) do you put on your golf ball? Is there any particular reason for your marking(s)?

I use a line over the default alignment aid, and I draw a star beneath the logo. The alignment aid I use for putting. The star came about when my 3 year old daughter was watching me draw lines on a few sleeves of golf balls. She wanted me to draw on her pink golf balls, so I drew a heart and a star. She was super excited about it, and so then I decided to start adding a star to my golf balls.

I ran a search, and it looks like the last time this came up was 2011. I figured it would be better to start fresh than to dig that one out of the archive.

image.jpeg

Note: This thread is 2940 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!