IGNORED

Longest Drive Witnessed

Drifterland
Note: This thread is 5061 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I hit one 350 this year - it must have been that far because it was at least 50 paces past the guy who claimed his was 300+.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One league night I flushed my driver 250 yds. My opponent hit his 3 wood off the tee, and he was 20 yards past me for 270 yards! I've never seen a 3 wood hit that far before.

Once, I drove over the green on an uphill 310 yard par 4. No cart paths. I still cannot explain that one.

In my Exodus on a 2.0
Driver..... FT-5 10* Draw
Fairway.. Big Bertha 2007 3w
Hybrids... 3DX DC 3 & 4 Ironwood
Irons...... TA6 5-DWedges.. CG-14 56* 2 dot, Niblick 37*Putter.... IC 2010

Just shy of 400yrds. Was playing with a friend at his couse. Hole was a par 5 that dropped off a chalk escarpment, if you hit it 295yrds-ish it'd just keep on rolling and his did.

In the Matrix XTT Standbag:

Driver: Biggest Big Bertha 11*
Fairway Wood: Steelhead Plus 3 Wood
Irons: T-Zoid Titanium Insert irons 3-SWWedge: Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.04Putter: Pro Platinum Laguna 34" w/ British Open '04 headcoverBall: ProV1 Rule35 Playing again after a three year hiatus...

The 2 longest drives I've ever witnessed were hit by me, myself, and I,,,lol.

The first one does not technically qualify but it was on a par5. I smoked a drive just down the left side and it came down directly on the cart path and took a bounce I never would have expected. It shot off the cart path at a low trajectory right to the middle of the fairway about another 100 yards. All in all, it was about a 400 yard drive. I had 8-iron into a par5. The funny thing was I was a little nervous of getting such a lucky break so I played a very conservative 8-iron into the green about 25 feet and 2 putted for bird,,,lol,,I didn't want to screw it up!

But my best unassisted was at Appomatox Country Club on #12, a 355 yard par4. I hit it to the back edge of the green on my drive. We estimated it to be about 360 yards. The hole is slightly down hill and it was in August with dry hard fairways, but it was still a great shot!

(Both those drives were back in the early 90's when the ball didn't fly as far, but I was younger and stronger back then!)

The longest drive I've witnessed from someone else was back in the 1980's. We had a guy at Ft. Lewis that was a monster off the tee. I watched him drive it 320 yards to a 330 yard par4 with a Persimmon Driver and Balata ball. Pretty impressive for back in the day!

In My Bag:
Driver: :Cobra Amp Cell Pro 9.5*, Stock X-Flex

3 Wood: :Cobra Bio Cell 16*, Stock X-Flex

5 Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 20*, Stock S-Flex
Irons: Bridgestone J40-CB 3-PW, Project-X 6.0

Gap Wedge::Vokey: 52* CNC  

Sand Wedge: :Vokey: 58* CNC  

Putters: Scotty Cameron Newport II 

Ball: Bridgestone 330-S(2014)

witness and actual yardage - mine 2 weeks ago
was in a scramble and we GPS'd my drive at 310yds
the "long drive" was 347, didnt see it hit though

last friday, I was playing a round by myself
323 Par 4, slight dogleg left
i pulled it left, trying to play a draw around the edge - over water and trees
there was 2 guys on the green, i didnt think i was anywhere close so i never yelled FORE

walk up and my ball is on the fringe
i felt so embarrased, i walked up to the guys , was one just a little dude
i apoligized up, down, left and right for being such a terd

i couldnt see the ball land and though i was waaaay short of the green
im guessing it was around the 310-315 mark again, as i cut the corner slightly
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

OP>>>WOW!! That was a bomb! The longest I have witnessed is probably with one of my playing partners. He smokes his drives. I have seen him hit it about 340-350. That was on a par 5 and in the fairway. He can carry it 300+. My longest was 324 on a par 4. Both of these were marked with the skycaddie.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

OP>>>WOW!! That was a bomb! The longest I have witnessed is probably with one of my playing partners. He smokes his drives. I have seen him hit it about 340-350. That was on a par 5 and in the fairway. He can carry it 300+. My longest was 324 on a par 4. Both of these were marked with the skycaddie.

It's always fun to play with someone who can bomb it, I played with a high school golfer that was a big old boy. He was mishitting his driver 310+ all day. He only pured one, it went 335! I'm known for my length but he made me look like a baby!

theincrediblegolfbum.blogspot.com Aol messenger: "Drifterland88"

Driver Tour Burner 9.5 s (Best Driver Ever!)
3-Wood Burner 07 14.5 s
3-Hybrid Halo 22degree Irons X-Forged Project 6.o Rifle s-flexGW SV 52.08 SW Tour Action 900 56.12 LW Oil Can 60.06

It's always fun to play with someone who can bomb it, I played with a high school golfer that was a big old boy. He was mishitting his driver 310+ all day. He only pured one, it went 335! I'm known for my length but he made me look like a baby!

It's even more fun to play with guys that we rarely play with. He gets up there and bombs his drive and it completely throws them out of their game from the start! They, either willingly or not, start swinging harder and start spraying their drives. It has an odd effect on some people.

It just has a completely different sound...you know? Like you can just hear the compression of the ball. I don't know how to explain it....it is just an awesome sound!

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

i hit one 415 i hit it 110 out on a 525 yard par 5 made eagle, iv hit a couple in tournaments about 370-380 when i catch it but i average about 310

|callaway.gif X460 Tour Fujikura Tour Platform 26.3 73g | taylormade.gif 2i Rescue 11 |  3i HiBore Hybrid |  710 MB |  Wedge Works 48/06 |  cg12 52/08  | vokey.gifSpin Milled 56/11 | nike.gifSV Tour 60/10 | cameron.gif Studio Select Newport 2 34" |

rangefinder : LR550

I played with a guy a few summers ago at my home course; he is a local guy but played at a junior college in the States. He caught up and joined my buddy and I on 6. His first drive is out there like 310. We are amazed and think this could be fun to watch. On 2 of the par 5's that day that are about 500 yards, he had 130-140 left in, and there is a 345 yard par 4 that I will usually hit 3 iron r 3 wood off to avoid hazards. He pulls out driver and ends up on the back fringe. He just bombed it. He shot a 5 under too, showing he wasn't just a long baller.

I was very impressed, but was left thinking this guys hits it like this and he is only at a junior college... just shows how good the top level guys are.

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

I've hit a good amount of shots 300+ at the range, usually 3 to 5 out of every bucket. I usually hit it 260-280, my farthest on the course so far has been about 290. The hole was 301 and my drive ended up about 20 feet off of the fringe.

In my White/Red/Yellow Monza Featherweight Stand Bag:
Driver: 07 Burner 9.5* stiff
3 Wood: 07 Burner 15* stiff
5 Wood: 07 Burner 18* stiff
Irons 4-AW: r7 steel shaft stiffWedges: RAC Satin 56*, 60*Putter: Rossa Daytona 35 InchBall: Bridgestone e7+, Titleist Pro V1Shoes: D3000Glove: ...

The longest I've witnessed are mine one was about 357 yards and the other 365 yards. Both in the same hole, there is a downhill slope if you carry the 315 yards and a big bounce you get to that number. But I don't hit the ball like that every time.

Cheers!

Driver: 905R 9.5° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Fairway: 906F2 15° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Hybrid: 585.H 21° (S300) | Irons: AP2 4-PW (Project X 6.0) | Wedges: Vokey Design 52.08, 56.11 & 60.11  | Putter: Studio Select Newport 2 

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

We played this weekend and on the 18th hole its 345 yards uphill par 4. My friend must of hit it perfect and drove the green in one. Needless to say he 4 putted for a bogey haha GREAT DRIVE THOUGH.

In my Ogio Budlight Bag
Taylormade R11 Driver | Big Bertha Diablo 3W | Tight Lies 5W & 7W |
Big Bertha Diablo 24 degree hybrid | Slingshot 4D 5-PW, AW Irons | SV Tour 56* wedge |
Detour Newport 2 | Noodle Ball | Golf Logix GPS

Oddly enough it was my drive.

Playing at an event, it was an a raised tee box, it happend to be the longest drive hole. 368yds, I just crushed it (and I was trying to) and it was probably 350yds of carry the ball didnt roll much. I got a little award :( it sits in my office.

Aerolite III bag
MP600 10.5*
F-50 15*
MP57's Project X 5.5 3-PW
CG10 56* RAC 52* 60* 2 Ball putter ProV1/ProV1X Blackberry Storm GolfLogix

I saw a guy at the range who was carrying about 290. That was pretty rare. The longest drive I've personally ever seen was one I hit on a par 5 with two fairways. It was playing downwind about a club and slightly downhill. I carried it about 285, it hit the cart path, bounced twice, and rolled into the middle of the second fairway at about 360. I can't imagine what 360 carry looks like in the air, though the priceless response from tour players about Jamie Sadlowski's ball flight makes me think it would blow my mind if I saw it.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

You guys are lucky to have rock hard fairways because even in summer time most of the courses where I live don't lend any roll to the ball. I'm not even sure if the climate helps here in the UK either.

Longest drives I've hit are about 250.

You guys are lucky to have rock hard fairways because even in summer time most of the courses where I live don't lend any roll to the ball. I'm not even sure if the climate helps here in the UK either.

I feel your pain, I live in Arkansas, the course is wet and it is always humid... Went to Texas a few times and had a hay day, my avg driving distance stat was 307.5! Haha about 35 yards of roll! It is way different there.

theincrediblegolfbum.blogspot.com Aol messenger: "Drifterland88"

Driver Tour Burner 9.5 s (Best Driver Ever!)
3-Wood Burner 07 14.5 s
3-Hybrid Halo 22degree Irons X-Forged Project 6.o Rifle s-flexGW SV 52.08 SW Tour Action 900 56.12 LW Oil Can 60.06

I feel your pain, I live in Arkansas, the course is wet and it is always humid... Went to Texas a few times and had a hay day, my avg driving distance stat was 307.5! Haha about 35 yards of roll! It is way different there.

Exactly.

My opinion is that a lot of inland courses in a cold wet climate like UK and Ireland tend to have quite lush fairways, with heavy dense overhead conditions. I think it must be part of course design over here to adjust the length accordingly as true links courses on the coast are usually championship length with much firmer fairways dried out by the sea breeze.

Note: This thread is 5061 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!