IGNORED

Best Golf Movie

Ty Haegs
Note: This thread is 3739 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

First person to say "Caddyshack" gets to bang Lacey Underall.

Woohoo!

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't watched too many golf films. Tin Cup, Happy Gilmore, etc., to name a few.
The one I liked the most was "The Greatest Game Ever Played".

I'll keep that movie 'The Legend of Bagger Vance' in mind. My next trip to Blockbusters, I'll see if they have a copy.
Thanks,

Dan

In my Revolver bag:

| Driver | Burner 460 9.5°
| Wood | Burner Plus 3 wood
| Hybrid | 22° Rescue Dual| Irons | MX-300 / Grads| Wedge | Spin milled 54°, 60°| Putter | Studio Newport 2.5 35"| Balls | NXT, Pro V1x DDH SF Tour, Pinnacle logo overruns :)

Since noone mentioned it yet I'm gonna have to lay down the monster of all golf movies."golf balls". This movie has everything you'd expect from a 70's erotic film without any sex. It's got everything from breasts to breasts. the only thing it really lacks is a story..
In all reality the movie is a joke and imo is not even as funny as caddy shack which i think is overrated and not the funniest. might be worth a watch though if you can find it. Has all the golf jokes you'd come to expect in a golf comedy. Guy gets hit in the nuts with golf ball. guy falls into water hazard. guy records par on his scorecard 20 strokes later.guy whos blind hits golf ball into guy's nuts. And of course a tournament to finish the movie.

I like all those movies. Tin Cup would probably be my favorite except for the hokey ending. I just don't like that he made a 12 on the 72nd hole. I don't care that he lost but nobody would keep trying to hit that shot in the US Open.

Caddyshack had an equally hokey ending but it was a hokey movie so it's acceptable.

I guess this would be my Top 3:

1. The Legend of Bagger Vance
2. The Greatest Game Ever Played
3. Tin Cup

My equipment:

Driver - Callaway FT3 Fusion (9 degree)
3 Wood - Orlimar Tri-Metal (9 degree)
Hybrids - Bobby Jones (17, 21 & 25 degree)

Irons - KZG XCB 5 - PW

Wedges - Warrior (52 & 56 degree)

Putter - STX Envision

Ball of choice - Callaway TOUR i(s)

Being an urban kid, i'm not gonna lie, who's your caddy made me chuckle .. i like the spoof it does on country clubs :p.

happy gilmore is still my favorite, and tin cup just went into my netflix que.

In The Bag:
Bag -
Driver [9.5*] -
Fairway Woods [3,5] -
Irons [4-9, PW, SW] - Wedges [52*, 60*] - Putter -

I really really want to see Dead Solid Perfect but it's impossible to find. Once I saw it in the TV listings an hour AFTER it ended . . .man was I bummed.

Seen the rest and pretty much agree. My favorites are Tin Cup and A Gentleman's Game. My least favorite is the Bobby Jones one .. man was that boring. I love golf and will watch almost anything golf related but that was toooo boring. And CaddyShack II sucked. I agree with whoever suggested smacking Jackie Mason in the mouth for that one.

Tin Cup is definitely my favorite. Caddyshack is a close second. Bagger Vance and Greatest Game Ever Played are pretty solid. Bobby Jones:Stroke of Genius is overrated and A Gentleman's Game is just horrible. I'd love to see Dead Solid Perfect, but it isn't on DVD yet. My local library has it on VHS but I haven't had a VCR in years.

Best golf scene in a non-golf movie: The Thomas Crowne Affair. Either one, it's the same scene in both.

Not a big fan of golf movies. Yeah, I just said that. I do like movies where people happen to play golf among other things - like real life.

I hate to admit this, but I watched an MTV series because the first time I saw it they were hitting range balls in the back yard.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I was not aware another movie of any kind existed after Caddyshack. I assumed that they had achieved perfection in 1 shot....
A four foot putt to win never gets any less terrifying.
-David Feherty

If I ever get happy with myself for finishing 12th or 15th, someone needs to put my clubs away and I'll take up tiddlywinks.
-Ian Poulter

I really really want to see Dead Solid Perfect but it's impossible to find. Once I saw it in the TV listings an hour AFTER it ended . . .man was I bummed.

http://raremoviedvd.com/dead-solid-p...988-p-430.html No idea if it's legit, but a risk of $13 through PayPal doesn't seem excessive.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Legend of the Bagger Vance
Caddyshack
Happy Gilmore
Greatest Game
Stroke of Genius

What's in my bag:
Driver: taylormade.gifBurner 09 Stiff 9.5*
Fairway Woods: adams.gifRPM Low Profile 3 & 5
Irons: mizuno.gifMP 57 - 3-PW Project X 5.5
Wedges: wilson.gifREG. 588 54* &cleveland.gif 60*Putter: ping.gifAnserBall: titleist.gifProV1x Home Course: Forest Ridge Golf Club

Note: This thread is 3739 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!