IGNORED

How Much are your Balls Worth?

Note: This thread is 5041 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. How much do you pay for a dozen balls?

• Less than $10
    • $10 to $20
    • $20 to $30
    • $30 to $40
    • $40 and Up

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I buy used Prov1 usually come to about $1 a ball.

MX500 9.5* S
Burrows Golf MAC Powersphere 3W
IDEA PRO Irons
Perfect Club 21*
IDEA PRO 3HSakamoto 54* X-tour 60* Newport 2 Pro Platinum Custom

Now that's some good advice, Braz. I have TopFlite XL 2000 that goes everywhere with me. It was the first ball I ever played a round of golf with. I definitely don't need top quality yet, so I think I will check out some of the bargains you mentioned. The ones I am used to using do often take some funny wobbles in the air.

i play those balls(XL-2000), but only when i have to. those things are like rocks and don't spin at all.

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

i play the new Titleist Pro-V1s and i normally get em for somewhere between $30 and $40 cuz my uncle owns a shop and i get em for cost

In My Bag
Driver: TaylorMade R11 9*

3-Wood: Ping Anser 14.5*
Hybrid: TaylorMade Superfast Burner 18*
Irons: Ping i20 PW - 4

Wedges: Ping Tour Pro Rusty 52*, 56*, 60*

Putter: Ping Anser

Balls: Titleist Pro-V1s

Sunglasses: Oakley Flak Jacket (golf specific)

Bag: Ping Hoofer

Course: Alliance Country Club

i think this thread should win best title of all time.

That was my first thought too, but at my age a dozen Srixon Soft Feels is the better deal

INTHE BAG(today)
Driver: Speedline 10 10.5deg
Fairway woods: speedline 3w
Putter:Master grig

Irons: A2 OS

SandWedge 1200GE

Balls: Soft Feel

Bag: Great Divider

Lots of Hope!

I use the Top Flite XL Extreme Distance. I went to golf galaxy and they recomended them because i am a beginner and i got them for $11 for a dozen. Next time i'll problably get Nike Juice or Callaway Warbird.

Im trying to learn how to play, i can hit the ball fairly straight but need some distance.

I would suggest to anyone who wants to play a better game and has a handicap of 12 or less that they visit their local Golf Shop where you are allowed to test different balls and then the computer tells you about how you hit them...how far, side spin, launch angle etc. The "higher end" balls actually do go farther and there is less spin which helps one get more distance. I tried the Callaway HX Pro and the Nike Black and both balls went 30-40 yards farther with less spin than the Top Flites and the other two piece balls. Good luck!

Next on my list to try is the Nike Tour Prototype Platinum+P7 ball (damn that's a long name). Hopefully I can sneak in a round next weekend since I'm swamped with stuff all week. Normally don't really have a preference. Mainly used Srixon AD333 up to this point along with the occasional NXT, NXT Tour, HX Hot. I have some HX Tours that I want to try out also, but figured I'd use the Nike's first.

New Driver Ordered
New 3 Wood Ordered
Two New Hybrids Ordered
I-701 Irons 5-PW w/ Rifle 5.0
Callaway X-Forged Vintage Wedges 50/12, 54/14, 58/10 (C-Grind Sole) w/ Rifle 5.5Yes! Marilyn 33" Z-URS ||| SkyCaddie SG 2.5 ||| Clicgear Model 2.0

Maxfli A3 which had a great review a year ago (best buy)

I play these as well, I pay about $18 / dozen CDN for them... I really like them and they are a really good quality ball for the money. I did try out a Callaway HX Tour recently and I do have to say that I noticed the difference. What a nice feel! I am not quite in control of my swing enough right now to warrant the cost of them, though, but I will put the extra cash to good use for some lessons and once I get playing better I know I will want t use a better ball. It certainly does make a difference and those touchy shots around the green... or the short iron shots and bunker shots...

What's in the Bag

Driver: HiBore 10.5* ProLaunch Blue 65s
Hybrid: No Fear 3i
Irons: Launcher LP 4-PW Harmonized 50* GWAmerican Standard 56* SWStriker by Golf Trends 60* LobPutter: Pro Response bladeBall: Tour Fire

I would suggest to anyone who wants to play a better game and has a handicap of 12 or less that they visit their local Golf Shop where you are allowed to test different balls and then the computer tells you about how you hit them...how far, side spin, launch angle etc. The "higher end" balls actually do go farther and there is less spin which helps one get more distance. I tried the Callaway HX Pro and the Nike Black and both balls went 30-40 yards farther with less spin than the Top Flites and the other two piece balls. Good luck!

not necceserilly. In order to be able to juice a ball like the nike one black or Callaway HX Tour, Titleist Pro V1, Bridgeston B330, etc, you need a fast swing speed to compress the ball. If you cannot swing very fast, than a two piece distance ball is problably better for you. EDIT: i see you are talking about low handicappers. most likely they should be playing a high performance urethane ball.

I pay $40 AUD for a dozen B330-S they are normaly $60-$80 AUD depending on were you get them but i get them cheap because theres a factory direct outlet near where i live and they sell Srixon, Bridgestone, PING & Taylormade cheap.
I also buy a dozen Pro-V1x's when i need to top up but there not my 1st choice ball.

In my black carry bag
Driver- 909 D2 10.5* 76g Stiff UST Proforce V2
3-Wood 909 F3 14.5* 82g Stiff UST Proforce V2
Hybrid- 585-H 19* 85g Stiff Flex Adilla Proto
Irons- Z-B Forged 3iron-PW Project X 6.0Gap Wedge- Vokey Spin Milled 52|8Sand Wedge- Vokey Spin Milled 56|10Putter- Scotty Cameron...

The lowest price I've gotten new balls were Top Flite XL, a dozen for $3 bucks at Walmart on clearance. My best purchase so far were $10 for Callaway CX3 Hots also from Walmart.
In my Viper by Hippo Golf stand bag:
Driver: Cleveland HiBore 10.5° Fujikara reg. flex
Woods: 3- MacGregor NVG2 Fujikara reg. flex
Hybrids: 3 & 4-Taylor Made Rescue Mid
Irons: Titleist 775.cb w/Graphite Shafts (5-GW)Wedges: Cleveland 588 Tour Action SW & 60° lob Putter: Taylor Made Monza...

I don't know what it is about the callaway balls, but i just cannot hit them. The best ball i've found is the Maxfli Revolution Solid. It is extremely soft and responsive, but since they're discontinued ($20/2 dozen if you can find them). I've switched to the Maxfli REDMAX for about $15/dozen.
I'm only at 13 clubs in the bag, what do you reccomend as a 14th? My foot wedge?

In the bag:
Driver - HiBore XL 10.5* Reg. Flex Fit- on Fuji GoldWoods - Tightlies GT2: 3 wood 15* & 5 wood 19* Surpass 7 wood 24*Irons - Eye 2 4-PW & a cheesey 1 iron blade I use for punch...

red max are $10 at golf galaxy

In My Bag: This week
Driver: Nike square Sumo 10.5
4-Wood: Nike square Sumo 14.5
7 wood Cleveland launcher,
5 utility 19* clevelandIrons: 4-7 Titleist 690mb 8-pw Mizuno MP 33Wedges: Gauge Design GAS II 52* and 58* Putter: Scotty Cameron TE 10 2.5TP Mills or Cameron's or Bettinardi's. let me...

Hear, hear, and I wish I had remembered about the Laddie. I still remember giving one of my friends a hard time for playing the Precept Lady, and then Precept realized just how many golfers wanted the long, low-compression ball for better feel around the greens. If you can find two dozen Laddies for $20, buy at least four dozen. You'll love them, I guarantee.

My roommate was giving me shit for playing with that very same ball. I simply smiled and told him "Dude, it's not a LADY, it's a LADDIE ball." (pronounced LAD-DEE) Needless to say, I won.

What I play:
Cleveland HiBore XLS 9.5 Fujikura Stiff flex | Titleist 735.cm Stainless Steel True Temper S300 3-PW | Titleist Vokey GW 52 | Cleveland 588 SW 56 | Titleist Vokey LW 60 | Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless | Titleist Pro V1x

Where I play:
Texas A&M UniversityHow I play:Goals for 2008

I used to hit anything I could get my hands on, even featheries. I used to be that cheap and poor about golf. I had no complaints about hitting range balls that were discolored yellow from age (although at the end of last year I had one explode, and I stopped using them for my own sake).

Now, I prefer Titleist NXT Tours, although the Pro V1's are growing on me. I can get NXT's for $3 a dozen, and Pro V1's for $6 a dozen, so it doesn't burn a hole in my wallet. I found out that a good ball actually does add 30 yards to your drive.

What I can't hit however, are any Top Flites. I'd be better off hitting a rock. I'm not particulary good with Callaway or Maxfli balls, either.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

I used to hit anything I could get my hands on, even featheries. I used to be that cheap and poor about golf. I had no complaints about hitting range balls that were discolored yellow from age (although at the end of last year I had one explode, and I stopped using them for my own sake).

I'll double your money on those pro v1 balls if they are

close to "round and white"

INTHE BAG(today)
Driver: Speedline 10 10.5deg
Fairway woods: speedline 3w
Putter:Master grig

Irons: A2 OS

SandWedge 1200GE

Balls: Soft Feel

Bag: Great Divider

Lots of Hope!

Note: This thread is 5041 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!