IGNORED

The Stack and Tilt Golf Swing

iacas

I was just reading on a thread they have many similarities, and after reading about stack and tilt I think they do with the whole getting rid of unnecessary movement and trying to make the swing mechanical and repeatable?

Isn't that the objective of every swing method?

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Isn't that the objective of every swing method?

You've never heard of "238 Simple keys"?

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

not really. A lot of swings have plenty of movements that are unnecessary to making solid good contact for straight shots.

Seriously? You think they intend that ?

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

• 5 weeks later...

I did some research on the S&T; and after practicing the method in my garage on an Optishot simulator finally got a chance today to try it out on the range. I live in Oklahoma so weather is off and on, and VERY windy. After calibrating and getting used to the new aspects of the swing, i was hitting unreal pro style shots, with awesome divots , nothing too fat , a few thin, when my left shoulder wasn't cooperating. My concern is the Oklahoma wind. My shots were so pretty and high, I am worried I will not be able to keep them down when I need to. I dont know if this has been covered , bc after page 10 of this thread my eyes were blurry, but is there a good method for controlling trajectory with the S&T; method, or is just a good idea to take more club, grip down and swing softer? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. I am so excited to get this method down , it seems so effortless, and my balance on my follow through is like nothing I have experienced before!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I have a question about the club face angle in the S&T; swing. Should the club face keep square to the shaft plane as long as possible (i.e. from about waist high to waist high) in the swing? I think this is what Mike and Andy are recommending, but I don't remember where I heard that. In other words, does keeping the angle in the right wrists (the "flying wedge) keep the hands from flipping similar to someone like Phil Mickleson? Or, should the club face be pararell to the shaft plane similar to what some instructor teach when they say "toe up to toe up" from waist high to waist high? Hopefully, I worded that correctly and the question makes sense.

As an aside, I ended up spending the last 5 months really trying to do the Jim Hardy one plane swing. What I found was that I gained decent consistency. However, it really is a rotary type of swing and requires a lot of core strength and the use of body rotation to create distance and power. I'm actually in decent shape, but I really missed that effortless feeling of hitting a good shot with using the S&T; type of swing. The problem I had with S&T; was two fold. I had a difficult time consistently squaring the club face at impact (hence my question above) and lack of availability of a teacher. But thinking long term and wanting a swing that will last a lifetime, I think this is a better way to go. I just have to figure out how to get the club face squared consistently.

Thanks!!!!

Brands I use:

:tmade::cobra: :titleist: 

@scopek ,

The S&T; ball flight is usually a push draw.  So the club face would be slightly closed to path.  At impact, the ball should start right and curve back left to target.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I think S&T; tries to minimize the closing rate of the clubface in the impact zone, so I would say forearms rather square to the arc from 9 to 3 (not the clubface since that would lead to push as the basic ball flight for irons).

• 3 months later...

Hi Everyone,

First post on the San Trap, although I've been reading it for a couple of months.  Been golfing about a year now, and have been working on S&T; for just a couple of months.  I finally took some videos of my swing.  Any tips/things you could suggest I work on?  I've been more consistent with my iron play, although I'm still prone to a couple of fat shots per round (generally when I can feel myself trying to swing overly aggressive).

One thing I really would like to work on is my ball flight, which is quite inconsistent.  I hit a lot of high fades rather than a draw which the swing should produce.  Also I'm prone to push and pull the ball on occasion.  Any advice would be great, thank you!

Hi Everyone,

First post on the San Trap, although I've been reading it for a couple of months.  Been golfing about a year now, and have been working on S&T; for just a couple of months.  I finally took some videos of my swing.  Any tips/things you could suggest I work on?  I've been more consistent with my iron play, although I'm still prone to a couple of fat shots per round (generally when I can feel myself trying to swing overly aggressive).

One thing I really would like to work on is my ball flight, which is quite inconsistent.  I hit a lot of high fades rather than a draw which the swing should produce.  Also I'm prone to push and pull the ball on occasion.  Any advice would be great, thank you!

Please create your own My Swing thread here, http://thesandtrap.com/f/4180/member-swings

Here is some guidance on videoing your swing, http://thesandtrap.com/t/38240/my-swing-video-threads-rules-please-read

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• 2 weeks later...
Ok.... I know this is also off-topic but does anybody know if the Stack and Tilt swing promotes hitting down with driver? I tried it about 4 years ago and had a real hard time getting the driver up in the air. I guess as it relates to the topic, has anybody seen radar numbers with a stack swing and I'm wondering what it did to their path and attack angle numbers?