IGNORED

The Stack and Tilt Golf Swing

iacas

I had the privilege to have a personale lesson from Mike and Andy when they were in Holland. It was awesome. What strikes me the most that I felt I got the same attention as they would give to a tour player. Honest and humble. Deep, deep respect. I think a golf swing itself is pretty difficult. If it wasn't, we all would be great golfers. The system helps me to organize. I watch a lot of clips, not only of M&A;, but also from mr Wedzik, mr. Mayo mr. Barzerski. I am a strong believer of S&T;, but like to have am open mind. Of to a lesson tomorrow. :-D

So I bought the s&t; book and have read up to chapter 3 and so far my biggest takeaway from the book is I only need to turn my shoulders 45* and my hips 45* to get the 90* turn, this is pretty big for me because while I was turning my hips I was doing so be turning only my shoulders which in turn was causing my head to dip a few inches about half way back in my backswing. Also it helps if I start the backswing by moving my shoulder down and then finish my turn by rotating my hips and straightening my back leg. So far really like the book and it makes a lot of sense.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...

Been working on it and it is starting to get better, taking one step at a time to get the system to work so far so good. Just takes time to get everything to work all at once.

Unfortunately my left knee which has had 7 operations on cannot handle the full weight any longer. I thought it would be able to handle it but it's just too sore. Going to have to try something more traditional... :-(

• Administrator

Unfortunately my left knee which has had 7 operations on cannot handle the full weight any longer. I thought it would be able to handle it but it's just too sore. Going to have to try something more traditional...

You were probably over-doing it, to be honest.

There's not a lot of pressure on the left knee in an S&T; backswing. It's a misleading and/or downright incorrect statement. It's a "feel" that works for some, but in reality, the majority of the weight and pressure (more so pressure, but weight goes 55/45 or so too) is in the right (trail) foot during the backswing.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Take a look at:

http://purestrike5sk.com/videos

Look under Key #4 for

• Simple Takeaway Drill with an Alignment Stick
  • Wrist Hinge (Kuchar) Takeaway Drill

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

Take a look at:   [URL=http://purestrike5sk.com/videos.php#video_playback][U]http://purestrike5sk.com/videos[/U][/URL] Look under Key #4 for [LIST] [*] Simple Takeaway Drill with an Alignment Stick [*] Wrist Hinge (Kuchar) Takeaway Drill [/LIST]

So this is where I may be confused, should I be rotating my forearm on the backswing to get the club on plane or should my forearm stay in the same position as when I set up?

So this is where I may be confused, should I be rotating my forearm on the backswing to get the club on plane or should my forearm stay in the same position as when I set up?

There will be some forearm rotation (there has to be some).  I'm not qualified to give a full explanation, but the "feel" probably depends on which action you need more of to put you in the right alignments.

Take a look at the thread on forearm rotation A2-A3 . It may give you the info you're looking for.

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

There will be some forearm rotation (there has to be some).  I'm not qualified to give a full explanation, but the "feel" probably depends on which action you need more of to put you in the right alignments. Take a look at the thread on [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/t/65517/forearm-rotation-a2-a3][U]forearm rotation A2-A3[/U][/URL]. It may give you the info you're looking for.

Thanks that answers my question.

So question for you guys, I finally finished reading the book, and I am going to follow the plan they suggest, contact, power, curve, I think that's the right order. I know contact is first so that is what I am working on now basically using keys #1, #2 steady head, weight forward. So for those of you who have made swing changes how long did you work on them until you felt like you were satisfied or that you were doing them well enough to move on to the next change?

It might be better to post your question in a 5SK forum. Are you doing a S&T; swing in the context of 5SK?

:tmade: SLDRs 14* driver, 17* fairway, 19* and 22* hybrids | :odyssey: Versa White #1 putter

:nike: XR Pro 24*, 27*, 31*, 35.5*, 40*, 45*, 50* irons | :vokey: SM4 54*, 58* wedges

It might be better to post your question in a 5SK forum. Are you doing a S&T; swing in the context of 5SK?

No not really, so step 1 of S&T; is what? Control the low point of your swing to get consistent contact. So how do you do that well you have a centered pivot and you get your weight forward. What are keys #1, & #2? Steady head, weight forward, so where is the difference? Besides that whether its S&T; or 5sk is irrelevant if you are doing either method you would need to know when it's ok to move on to the next priority piece.

No not really, so step 1 of S&T; is what? Control the low point of your swing to get consistent contact. So how do you do that well you have a centered pivot and you get your weight forward. What are keys #1, & #2? Steady head, weight forward, so where is the difference? Besides that whether its S&T; or 5sk is irrelevant if you are doing either method you would need to know when it's ok to move on to the next priority piece.

Just to clarify, Key #2 is Weight Forward at impact.

To your question, you know you're doing it right by confirming it with video, an instructor or you're close to an 8 handicap.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Just to clarify, Key #2 is Weight Forward at impact.

To your question, you know you're doing it right by confirming it with video, an instructor or you're close to an 8 handicap.

Cool thanks for the link. I think once I stop playing for the year which is in about a month or so I will sign up for Evolvr lessons so I can work on my swing all winter.

• 2 weeks later...
This week I'm practicing S&T; exclusively. By the book. Even with the driver. Definitely teeing it lower and hitting down on it a bit. Playing a round this Saturday so that will be exam day!

:tmade: SLDRs 14* driver, 17* fairway, 19* and 22* hybrids | :odyssey: Versa White #1 putter

:nike: XR Pro 24*, 27*, 31*, 35.5*, 40*, 45*, 50* irons | :vokey: SM4 54*, 58* wedges

This week I'm practicing S&T; exclusively. By the book. Even with the driver. Definitely teeing it lower and hitting down on it a bit. Playing a round this Saturday so that will be exam day!

I'd like an update on your progress.