IGNORED

How many putters do you have?

rembrandt
Note: This thread is 5216 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have a Nike unitized leo, a Wilson 8802, and an Odyssey 7# with iomic as of 8.11.09
What I Play:
Wilson Mini Stand Bag | PING G10, 10.5°, Proforce V2 HL S | PING G5, 15°, 18°, Aldila NV 75 S | PING G5, 19°, Aldila VS Proto By You 80 S
Mizuno MX200 4-PW S | Ping Tour W 50/12 X | Ping Tour W 58/TS X | A selection of putters, all 35.5 inches.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Technically I have 2 right now, but only one that will be used. My Odyssey hangs in the garage waiting until I find a good home for it. The Golfsmith in my sig is the only one I've used since it was built, and it will continue so until it doesn't work any more.

Never could see any reason for having more than one at a time.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

this quetion really requires 2 answers

1) how many are in your possession and
2) how many are in "active rotation"?

for me the answer is 6 and 2.
Bag: Three Five Yellow
Driver: 905R 9.5 Degree, Fujikawa Shaft Shift
3-Wood: Sumo2 15 degree
Hybrids 19 and 21 degree
Irons tour x-20 (5-PW)Wedges vokey 52.08,56.14, 60.04Putter circa 62 #1: Pro V1Where I usually play: Rush Creek

My Putters include...

wow lol thats a lot

Omega V cart bag

Driver- i15 9.5 degree UST AXIVCORE 69 S

Woods- big berthaIrons- MP-32 s300 shaftsWedges54* Vokey56* Spin Milled Vokey60* Mp SeriesPutter-Pro PlatinumBalls- ProV1

As we speak I have only one putter. I've never felt the putter was the problem. If I miss the putt it's because I made a bad stroke. In 15 years of playing golf I've only had 5 putters.

What's in my bag
Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5 degrees UST Proforce 65 shaft
3 Wood: Taylor Made V Steel 15 degrees
Taylor Made Rescue Dual 22 degrees (UST IROD shaft)
Irons: Mizuno MP-67 (bent 1 degree upright)Gap Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle 52 Sand Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle...

Two in active rotation....

Cameron Studio Style Newport 2
TM Itsy Bitsy Spider

TM R11/Titleist 910F 15*/ Nike SQ2 20* & 23*/ Nike CCi 5-PW/ Nike SV 52* & 56*/ SC Newport 2 Studio Style 32.5"
Nike 20XIx/Pro V1x

I only have one putter which is Acuity. I'm getting the Odyssey Crimson Series 660 Putter in a couple days.

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

What a thought provoking thread. One thought that occurred to me is why would anyone ever sell a nice putter; I don't understand how there can even be a used putter market. Putters are either soulless pieces of metal that no one would want or they are beautiful simple machines that convey a remarkable feel as they move a ball to a hole. Who would want to buy the first and who would want to sell the latter?

I have two and use both, my George Low has worked well for me since I was young and the TM Rossa Classic Suzuka is a beautiful club that feels great. I guess I am an insert guy.

I regripped the GeoLow with a Sharpro which I love. I also love the Rossa grip. Grips seem like an important part of a putter and no one mentioned them in this thread as they talked about their collections.

Current Bag
Ogio Synchro cart
'07 Burner Driver, 3 Fairway, and Rescue 5
Early Titelist Cavities
200 56, Spin milled 60 , Rossa  Suzuka

I have a Odyssey Dual Force Rossie 2 (Hate It)
PGA Brand Pro T-Line (Currently Using)

Whats In the Bag?
Hibore XL Fujikura Gold Regular Shaft
GT Tight Lies 2 3 wood
A30S 2 Iron Hybrid Prolaunch Platinum Stiff
G5 3 Hybrid Prolaunch Blue Stiff Zing irons 4-PW Dynamic Golf S300 Eye 2 Sand Wedge J33 Lob Wedge Pro V1PGA Brand T-Line Putter/ Odyssey Dual Force Rossie 2

Never Compromise Alpha z/1 putter
Scotty Cameron Newport 2
Odyssey two ball blade
Yonex ADX blade
Callaway "Original" Arnold Palmer
Mizuno Pro Gt 103
Scotty Cameron Newport
Odyssey Rossie 1

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

As we speak I have only one putter. I've never felt the putter was the problem. If I miss the putt it's because I made a bad stroke. In 15 years of playing golf I've only had 5 putters.

You have a lot to learn in this sport then old chap. If your putting starts to go south (and whose doesn't once in a while), the thing to do is BUY A NEW PUTTER because, well, change is good.

Don't ask me why this doesn't apply so much to drivers. I forget how many putters I have, in the bedroom and the garage. Who cares anyway ..... p.s. I don't even remember if I've posted in this thread already. Maybe it's coz my brother just made a fair-and-square eagle on the 18th somewhere in San Fran and I'm still in a state of shock.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

...... but sold them all because I just prefer my Diawa over them for some strange reason.

This I cannot understand. Have you no loyalty man? I mean, you never know when the golfing gods will realign the Universe and one of those old faithfuls will be the one to turn your game around.

Me, I just don't have the heart to off-load an old putter. Bad karma.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

Oddyssy dual force 660
Mizuno TP Mills II
Mizuno Bettinardi C02
Mizuna Bettinardi BC7
TM Rossa Imola8 Current Gamer
Scotty Circa 62 #6 w/ a little lead tape for weight.
I have a couple of Answers at my folks place in San Diego, and a Slazenger as well.
Funny, we were just discussing this at the course today.....LOL

WITB
Titleist 910 D3 Motore F3
Ping G15 4wd TFC
Adams A12 20* RIP'd VS Proto, Adams CB2 Forged 4-GW DGSL S300 Scratch 8620 54* and 58*

Mizuno Bettinardi BC4 TaylormadeTP Red/ Wilson Staff FG tour

I've had 1 putter for almost 20 years, my TaylorMade Tad Moore. This thread got me thinking about it. And now I'm ready to play with a new one. Thanks to Ebay, it looks like I can find one of those fancy, dancy, $200 putters for less than $100.

In my bag:

One for slicing
One for hooking
One for knocking it in the cup

Scotty Cameron Fastback (this is the one I use)
Odyssey Black-i 2-ball putter (won this at an outing)
Rossa Fontana
Ping Zing2
Ping L-Blade

The last three are old putters. The two Ping's I haven't used in many, many years.

My lovely wife bought me the Scotty for my birthday back in June. She always loves to buy me golf related stuff for my birthday and well...the rest of the bag is pretty much new. So of course after splurging on an expensive putter, I ended up winning a $300 putter (the Odyssey) at an outing about 3 months later. I did just use it for the first time (because my clubs are in Florida right now) and I'll stick to my Scotty.

WHAT'S IN MY BAG

Driver: TaylorMade RBZ 9.5 degree; 3-Wood: TaylorMade RBZ 15 degree; Hybrids: TaylorMade RBZ 19 degree; Irons: Titleist AP1; Wedges: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54/60; Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select Fastback; Ball: Callaway Hex Chrome+  Grips:  PURE Pro

Note: This thread is 5216 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!