IGNORED

Hit by a Golf Ball?

Golf_Gal
Note: This thread is 1776 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

i was playing in a high school tournament and i tried to hit a fade. too bad it didn't come out, about 190 yards down the fairway was a group playing the hole parallel to mine, and some kid was walking, i yelled fore and the kid walked the wrong way and i struck his "man hood" and he dropped stone dead. it was funny at first but then i thought i killed the guy! turns out he was okay, but he had to be taken by the trainers to the er to be checked for e.d. and what not. hah!!! i've never been hit, closest i've ever come is about 18 yards from a landing ball. thank God for that!!!
In My Under Armour Links Stand Bag or PING Hoofer Vantage Team Bag :
i15 9.5°, Project X Graphite -7A3 | i15 15.5°, Project X Graphite -8A4 | S57 2 - PW, Project X 6.5 | Tour-W 56.10/60.8 Project X 6.5 | Redwood Black Satin Anser | Titleist Black | Golf Pride Tour Velvet Round Grips With Logo...

Thank goodness, I have never hit anyone as far as I know, although I got whacked on the thigh with a ball while my stupid partner was driving a cart straight at the party behind us. Our fault. We were clear when he hit and then we drove right into the path of the shot. Good thing it was a soft shot, but it still hit me from the air. Ouch.

My playing partner bladed a pitch last year and hit a guy on the elbow on the next green. That particular course was just way too tight. Aside from my own hit, that was the only other one I've seen.

my mom almost got clobbered... she was in the back yard doing something in the garden... she was next to the fence an a ball came sailing in... bouncing off the fence above her head... idiots didnt even yell fore... no apology either
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

I've never been hit but one of my friends that I golf with has gotten hit three times when I was with him. One time he was just sitting in the cart watching me hit my tee shot some guy hitting his drive hit him right in the leg. He also got hit when he was about to take his tee shot. Their's a Par 5 right behind a Par 3 and the guy airmailed the green and nailed him in the back.

The third time he got hit, it was the craziest thing I have ever seen before. His tee shot was a laser no higher than the top of your shoes and it nailed the tee marker on one of the front tees that was about 50 yards in front of us and it came flying back and hit him in the ribs. He was alright but it was absolutely unimaginable.

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

People talk about getting hit in the back or the leg.....yea I got hit in the face

I was playing with my dad and his buddies at a golf tournament that his work put on. We were on like hole 12, and I was about 50 yards in front of the guy hitting, in the cart, at about a 45º angle from him. I thought I was fine. What I didn't take into consideration is how bad these people are at golf.....

Guy shanks his 3 wood, dad yells "LOOK OUT!". I turn around and see the ball a split second before it nailed me in the cheek. Any higher and it would have been in the temple, and any lower I would have had a broken jaw.

Next year I'm asking for a different playing partner

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

I have never been hit and I never hit anyone else yet! A couple of close calls both ways with an errant shot that goes into an adjacent fairway. Closest was when I hit the tee marker in front of me and it bounced back and nearly hit myself.

My (ex) girlfriend threw a golf ball at my face from 5 feet away. I was too busy spitting up blood in the sink to hit her back.

In My Bag:

Driver: HiBore XLS 10.5º (Fujikara Fit-on M Gold R Flex)
3-Wood: HiBore XLS 15º (Fujikara Fit-on M Gold R Flex)
5-Wood: S2 Straightneck 19º (Fujikara Fit-On Max 65 FW Stiff)Irons: HiBore XLi 3-PW (Fujikara Fit-on M Red S Flex)Wedges: CG14 Chrome 56º SW/60º LWPutter: ...

I got hit on the driving range this year. I like to take the farthest right stall - the end of the line - and have my back to everyone else when I practice. I got hit in the leg - a shank from a guy 15 feet behind me. It was a weak enough shot so I was able to laugh it off.

I hit two carts last year. One - an errant tee ball pushed right bounced off the top of an oncoming cart on the adjacent hole. The other - guys in front waive me thru - and drive to where they figure they're safe. I motion for them to keep going. They don't. Ball hits their cart and bounces who knows where. They leave immediately. I lost the ball.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

Playing with my Uncle at Langley AFB a few months back, leaving the #2 par 3 green, he was hit on the top of the head by a drive from someone on an adjacent hole, and we were on the OTHER side of the green from the tee... blood everywhere, needed 3 or 4 staples to close it up for a week! The guy never even apologized, almost got into a fight with him had it not been for the fact that we had to take him to the ER. Some people just don't belong on the golf course.

In my (crossing my fingers for Syracuse Orange Cart) bag:
Tour Burner 10.5* Stiff
Walter Hagen 3 metal
Tour Preferred S300 DGs (3-PW)
Tour Preferred 52.08 GWWalter Hagen 56* SW Studio Stainless Newport 2 point 5 ProV1x's if i got em, but usually TP blacks

Playing with my Uncle at Langley AFB a few months back, leaving the #2 par 3 green, he was hit on the top of the head by a drive from someone on an adjacent hole, and we were on the OTHER side of the green from the tee... blood everywhere, needed 3 or 4 staples to close it up for a week! The guy never even apologized, almost got into a fight with him had it not been for the fact that we had to take him to the ER. Some people just don't belong on the golf course.

Oh wow, that's too bad. Usually people on the course are nice :( The fact that he didn't even apologize, that's a major bummer

Yeah it is messed up! I have come close to hitting people a few times but only by freak accident... latest was me hitting a punch shot between a few trees out of the woods, my playing partner had parked the golf cart BEHIND me and to the left of a tree so he couldnt even see me, and i hit the LAST tree before getting out and it smacked bounced backwards and slammed right into the (luckily) raised windshield of the golf cart he was sitting in. Priceless look on his face though... we all got a good laugh, and I was happy because it probably saved my ball from flying back another 50 yards

In my (crossing my fingers for Syracuse Orange Cart) bag:
Tour Burner 10.5* Stiff
Walter Hagen 3 metal
Tour Preferred S300 DGs (3-PW)
Tour Preferred 52.08 GWWalter Hagen 56* SW Studio Stainless Newport 2 point 5 ProV1x's if i got em, but usually TP blacks

I have had a ball off a guys drive straight to the shin and no bounce. Hardly left a mark - wierd!?
What I Play:
Wilson Mini Stand Bag | PING G10, 10.5°, Proforce V2 HL S | PING G5, 15°, 18°, Aldila NV 75 S | PING G5, 19°, Aldila VS Proto By You 80 S
Mizuno MX200 4-PW S | Ping Tour W 50/12 X | Ping Tour W 58/TS X | A selection of putters, all 35.5 inches.

I was hit in the arm by a ball that came from an adjacent hole, went through the trees, and ricocheted off the cart before hitting me. What are the chances of that! It barely hurt though as it probably was slowed down by the trees and the cart.

The person who hit the tee shot didn't yell FORE and had no clue it hit me because this was about a 90 yard hook that somehow made it through the woods. Also, they never came over, probably because they had no clue where the ball was. I just hit my shot and left.

"I'm not going left or right of those trees, okay. I'm going over those trees...with a little draw." ~ Tin Cup

I have been hit and have hit myself (down there). Got hit on the head by what must have been the worst pop-up push-slice ever. It pretty much came straight down, it didn't hurt much but I found myself talking very loudly for a while. I did yell at the guy for not yelling fore. Hitting myself was pretty bad, I was at the range and was getting frustrated so I tried to take the wildest swing I could to get it out of my system. Hit it right off the toe of my driver, then it hit the post of the metal barricade between stalls, which sent it right back to me.

"You can foment revolution or you can cure your slice - life is too short for both" David Owen

WITB*: 2010 winter edition

Driver: AyrtimeFW/hybrid: Distance Master Pro Steel 5w, 7w, 27* hybridIrons: Powerplay 5000 hybrids (6i-SW)Wedge: SMT Durometer 55 degPutter: Z/I Omega mallet*as soon...

Never been hit but I came very close to being hit a couple of times.
I have hit others a couple of times though. One time it was the caddy collecting balls on the driving range, another time it was a caddy again, but this time the poor guy was just standing to the left of the fairway near the caddy shack minding his own business with his back to me, I hit it a very bad drive that went like a bullet on the ground to the left and hit him in the back of the thigh.
My achievements:
Eagles: 0
Birdies: 18
Best Round: 89

The person who hit the tee shot didn't yell FORE and had no clue it hit me because this was about a 90 yard hook that somehow made it through the woods. Also, they never came over, probably because they had no clue where the ball was. I just hit my shot and left.

You should've taken the ball as well.

My achievements:
Eagles: 0
Birdies: 18
Best Round: 89

got paired up with a couple of guys that i didnt feel comfortable in their group... they started hitting into ppl and didnt yell fore... i had to yell for them... they were just giggling... i pretty much made up an excuse and ditched them
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

Note: This thread is 1776 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!