IGNORED

Official Tiger Car Crash/Infidelity Thread

groovezilla79
Note: This thread is 5042 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
But, would you or anyone else admit it unless they absolutely had to?

Saying nothing isn't a lie. He could have spoken only about the accident and didn't need to lie about the rumors.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He still hasn't admited that he cheated... There could have been something else

In my bag:

Titleist 905 Aldila VS Proto| TaylorMade r9 stiff shaft| Titleist 906F Aldila NV 75-S Fairway| Titleist ZM S300 (3-PW) |Titleist 54º SM TT Wedge Flex| Titleist 60º SM TT Wedge Flex| Scotty Cameron Newport 2

09 Goals- Handicap to 2 (I'm crazy I know)- Win 10 tournaments (dune)- Win...

I'm surprised a little that people care if he cheated or not. Tons of people cheat on thier spouses. I'm not saying cheating is a good thing but I don't care if my doctor, mechanic, favorite movie star or whoever cheats on thier spouse. Why should I care if one of my favorite golfers does?

I do care that he bailed on his tournament, though. That was not cool. He should show up at that tournament. I can go to my doctor and have him advise me to stay home from any activity I want - I bet Tiger can, too.

He still hasn't admited that he cheated... There could have been something else

Exactly. Except for different reasons than most people seem to thing it as. I read Tiger's response on his website, and it really doesn't AT ALL implicate that he cheated. He doesn't even really imply it at all. He does state he "let his family down", but he prefaces that wit hthe fact that he didn't realize how the tabloid media would be hounding them if he didn't stand in front of a camera at a press conference multiple times everyday. He says,
"Although I am a well-known person and have made my career as a professional athlete, I have been dismayed to realize the full extent of what tabloid scrutiny really means. For the last week, my family and I have been hounded to expose intimate details of our personal lives."

This does NOT say the "intimate details" are that he cheated. It says that his family is being harrasses and he didn't realize this would happen to the extent it is happening now.

He goes on,
"But for me, the virtue of privacy is one that must be protected in matters that are intimate and within one's own family. Personal sins should not require press releases and problems within a family shouldn't have to mean public confessions."

He isn't saying his "sin" is cheating. He isn't saying he is "confessing" to cheating. He's saying "I screwed up by hitting a tree by driving carelessly, and any details surrounding it are none of your damn business."

Nothing more. Nothing less. And he finishes,
"Whatever regrets I have about letting my family down have been shared with and felt by us alone. I have given this a lot of reflection and thought and I believe that there is a point at which I must stick to that principle even though it's difficult. I will strive to be a better person and the husband and father that my family deserves. For all of those who have supported me over the years, I offer my profound apology."

He's saying the entire incident is his family's business and ONLY his family's business. At least how I read it, he's saying he let his family down by putting them through this media hell, NOT by cheating.

I think people are trying to get out of this what they want to see in it and not look at what it really is saying.

I read the statement and it seemed Tiger didnt really confirm or deny anything. Kinda ambiguous. But if it is an omission that tiger did indeed cheat on his wife (which is beyond me because his wife is f*ckin smokin) you gotta know that many tour playera are crappin in their pants right now. LOL
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

• Administrator
I'm surprised a little that people care if he cheated or not.

I care more about what this will do to golf's reputation than anything else.

99% of "Erik cares about Tiger" is "Tiger's performance on the course." 1% is "Tiger as a guy." That 1% is pretty disgusted right now.
Why should I care if one of my favorite golfers does?

Look, nobody's saying they're really affected by it. But as humans we talk about these kinds of things. If this news re-affirms for some guys that they won't cheat on their wives, good.

You're free not to care, just as I'm free to care only 1% and some deranged nut is free to make this his sole focus for the next four months.
I read Tiger's response on his website, and it really doesn't AT ALL implicate that he cheated.

Yes it does, c'mon. You don't say the things he said amid the rumors that exist if you didn't cheat. You choose your words a helluva lot more carefully than that. He cheated. That's now fact.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I'm surprised a little that people care if he cheated or not. Tons of people cheat on thier spouses. I'm not saying cheating is a good thing but I don't care if my doctor, mechanic, favorite movie star or whoever cheats on thier spouse. Why should I care if one of my favorite golfers does?

How was he suppose to get there? It was my understanding that his doctor advised him not to travel. Even if he could teleport, it's still travelling.

Eclipse Stand Bag
Big Bertha 2007 460 11°
Big Bertha 2007 3w 16°
Big Bertha 2007 7w 22°
C9 475 2h 18° Insight XTD 5i-SW White Hot XG #7--------------------------------http://www.linkedin.com/in/normh3

Yes it does, c'mon. You don't say the things he said amid the rumors that exist if you didn't cheat. You choose your words a helluva lot more carefully than that. He cheated. That's now fact.

None of us were there, none of us are involved in this situation personally, and none of us even know who Tiger Woods really is as a person. How can we make assumptions of his character based upon what we read on the internet? Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty? This statement sure as hell isn't proof. All I'm saying is that this statement can only mean he cheated if you are trying to make it out that way. The hidden meanings of the words could mean hundreds of different things, yet everyone is assuming it means only one thing. Let's say he didn't cheat and at the same time he's trying to tell the media to buzz off. What is he supposed to say? He's not about to call a news conference to say he isn't cheating because he wouldn't want to even acknowledge the rumors and he's said he's keepign everythign a private matter. What is he supposed to do then? I let my wife down all the time. I forget to take the trash out. I track mud and dirt into the house. I fart in the bed under the covers. That doesn't mean that if I say I "let her down" that it automatically means I cheated on her.

Tiger is playa and got busted.....end of story.

Anyone who thinks this isn't the case is simply wrong....the girl has 300 text messages and a voice mail from 3 days prior to his accident....

If there was any plausible explanation other than he was hooking up with this chick, he wouldn't be providing a public apology..........Jason Giambi never metioned steroids when he apologized to his teammates and fans, but we all knew what he was apologizing for.

At the end of the day, does this matter? Not to me....in fact, Tiger is now officially off my "turbo-nerd" list.....kudos Tiger, screw em all if you have the chance...

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

Listen, personally I could care less about Tiger's indiscretions. Let's face it, this country has elected President's who've had a far worse track record of womanizing, who then went on to lie under oath about it. Tiger is a golfer, not an elected official. Now, do I think, from a PR standpoint it might be best for him to get in front of a camera and admit what he did, yes. If for no other reason that to take some of the pressure off his family, sponsors, colleagues to keep having to answer questions.

Now, reference this whole crash thing, again, I don't fault Tiger for not talking to the police. He does not have that obligation. However, where I do fault him is for scheduling 3 appointments, then canceling them. It's apparent to me that he never intended on meeting with the cops, so just tell them you're not going to meet with them and stop wasting their time. Trust me, the cops want to close this case out and move on to more important things themselves and the longer you jerk them around the longer you prolong things. Just be honest and tell them you don't want to talk to them about it and that they'll need to complete their investigation without your statement. It happens all the time and the world still goes on spinning.

"The shortest distance between two points is a straight line...in the opposite direction." Ty Webb, Golf Philosopher

• Administrator
How can we make assumptions of his character based upon what we read on the internet?

He wrote it... (or approved it, you know what I mean).

Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty? This statement sure as hell isn't proof.

It's not proof. Not at all.

It's an admission. A confession.
I let my wife down all the time. I forget to take the trash out. I track mud and dirt into the house. I fart in the bed under the covers.

Do you issue a statement or post on your blog amid massive "cheating" rumors and allegations when you do each of those things?

No. He's admitted it, he's confessed, it's fact. It's not a fact I particularly care about - I'm looking forward to the topic of golf moving back to discussing GOLF and not GOLFERs - but it's fact.

We've all heard Tiger speak at interviews. It doesn't really sound like him I don't think but it's hard to tell.

It doesn't sound like him.?

Sounds exactly like him to me.He's already released a statement apologising for the car accident, so what was he apologising for in his statement today?Of course he's cheated on his wife.Some people have an overblown, unrealistic view of Tiger and aren't going to want to believe this no matter what evidence is presented.
A great shot is when you go for it and pull it off. A smart shot is when you don't have the guts to try it. ~ Phil Mickelson.

None of us were there, none of us are involved in this situation personally, and none of us even know who Tiger Woods really is as a person. How can we make assumptions of his character based upon what we read on the internet?

Your just kidding yourself, he cheated- no question. I would not be surprised if there are many more. I don't really care about his personal life, although I don't condone his actions. Will be interesting how this affects his golf career and endorsement contracts. He has always been pretty meticulous about his image. That has certainly taken a beating.

He wrote it... (or approved it, you know what I mean).

I'm not talking about his statement. I'm talking about the stories on TMZ, The National Enquirer, and US Weekly. Sorry for not clarifying that.

It's not proof. Not at all. It's an admission. A confession.

It might be an admission/confession, but it is NOT one for cheating. He's saying he screwed up and he apologizes, but it does not say it's for cheating. The way I read it, it's for putting his family through this media storm. At least that's what I got from the flow of the response.

Do you issue a statement or post on your blog amid massive "cheating" rumors and allegations when you do each of those things? No.

If I had to have a press conference everytime I farted in bed, the news reporters would set up camp across the street from my house and be running coverage around the clock.

On a serious note though, what is he supposed to say? He's already said he isn't giving a press conference or an interview. He's already said all the details are no one's business. And he's said he put his family through hell by not understanding how crazy the tabloid media can be. Just assume for a second that he didn't cheat, that he hit the tree because he was text messaging his wife to see what she wanted from Taco Bell, and that through his obsession with privacy and his decision not to talk to anyone about what happened he ended up causing this crapstorm of media coverage. Add on that he still isn't going to say anything specific since he feels it isn't anyone else's business, what is he supposed to say? His statement admits guilt, but it doesn't say what the guilt is for. People outside of the situation are putting their own spin on it and assuming the reason.

Your just kidding yourself, he cheated- no question.

Let's just get this straight first; I am not a Tiger Woods fan. I'm never liked the guy or his image, and if you look back at any Tiger Woods discussion on here I'm (almost) always in the "burn him at the stake" camp.

That being said, in this day and age, too many people jump to conclusions and think they know everythign because they read it online. This situation is a PERFECT example of how this happens, and to me it's pathetic people act like this.

Note: This thread is 5042 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!