IGNORED

Your 2010 Golf Goals Official Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 4900 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1: Improve my swing

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My goals for the upcoming year.
More consistancy.
Knock three strokes off my handicap.
Work on the short game more.
Enjoy every minute on the course no matter what my score is.

In the bag.
Driver- Callaway X-Hot 10*
Woods- Callaway X2 Hot 15*
Hybrid- Callaway X-Hot 19*
Irons-Ping G20 4-GW  Wedges- Ping iwedge 56*,58*  Putter- Ping D67 IN   Ball-Callaway Tour-ix

I have just a few goals for 2010.

1. I want reduce my handicap. ( I bought this new stats program).

2. I want to putt a minimum of 14 holes in regulation.

3. I want to focus not on distance, but rather accuracy. I played golf with this guy who was 72 years old. he shot a 79 and beat me bby 11 strokes. I could out drive him by 100 yards easily. How did he beat me? He was consistantly accurate.

4. I am not going to buy any equipment, until I break 85 consistantly. So often, people by equipment as a crutch to bad play. I got cought up on, 0h..."it is my putter." I would spend 100 plus dollars every couple of months on a new putter, and it wasnt the putter.

5. Be more money conscious when selecting a course. I am going to play rounds of golf that cost under $40.00.

my 2010 goals are ...

Break 100 by end of febuary and then consistently start shooting in the 90's.
(right now i shot 101-105 (so close))
Take lessons to help make swing consistent.
Hit 50% of fairways
Shoot at least one round in the 80's by the end of year

WITB:

• Driver: Titleist TSR3 8.0 A3, Badazz 60g S
  • Hybrid: Cobra Baffler 17*
  • Irons: T200 P-4
  • Wedges: Callaway X Forged 48*,56*,60*
  • Putter: Ping Anser Milled 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I want to get my putts per round down to 25 or under consistantly, and work on being more aggressive with my wedges. I need to be more aggressive with my wedges to make my putt goal realistic. I'm a wuss with my wedges, and usually leave myself long putts.

If I can get those 2 goals met, my handicap will come down quickly.

My goal is to just be able to play. Health problems have had me down for 6 mos. Come on warm dry days!!

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

NJ/NY is getting dumped on with snow just like most of the east coast so it looks like it will be awhile before I can hit it around the green grass again. That what dreams (and the heated driving range) are for I guess. So anyway...

2010 goals:

- repeat as club champion
- hit more fairways (45% in 2009)
- improve scrambling - making par or better after missed GIR (37% in 2009)
- at least maintain greens in regulation (57% in 2009)
- learn a new shot (3-wood stinger, chip with hybrid, etc.)

"I'm not going left or right of those trees, okay. I'm going over those trees...with a little draw." ~ Tin Cup

2010 Goals
-- Handicap below 3
-- Finalize swing changes and then groove it
-- Be in the rotation for RC Golf Team
-- Shoot par
Driver -- 909 D2 9.5º - Diamana Blueboard 65
3 Wood -- Burner 15º - REAX Superfast 50 - (re-shafting)
Hybrid -- Rescue TP w/ FCT 19º - Aldila VooDoo SVS8
Irons -- RAC MB TP 3-PW - DG S300
Wedges -- Vokey Spin Milled 52º, MP-T 10 Raw Black Satin 60ºPutter -- Studio Select Newport 2...

1) Work on balance
2) Once weather gets normal, at least 2 visits to range a week
3) Get a real lesson
4) At least 1 round below 75 (last yr's low round, 78)
5) Re-establish GHIN handicap and keep it at 8 or below

1. Reduce handicap to a 10!
2. Get the old man to take up the game again and play a round (hasn't played since 1990)
3. Take a golf road trip!
In my Callaway Warbird stand bag:
Ping G15 10.5* Graphite Design YS-6+ S
Ping G15 4W 17* Aldila Serrano S
Adams IDEA A7 19* UST Mamiya AXIVcore S
TM 2009 Burners 4-PW / Titleist SM Vokeys 50, 56 & 62 / TM Rossa Daytona 1 Ghost / Titleist Pro V1

1. Get to10 handicap.
2. Win annual family tourney.
3. Play one of the courses on my golf bucket list.
4. Convert to Stack and Tilt.
5. See a pga tourney in person. Most likely the Byron Nelson.

Driver: Cleveland Launcher DST

Hybrid: Cleveland Mashie 3H

Irons: Cleveland Launcher

Wedges: Cleveland cg 15 46, 52, 56, 60

Putter: Odyssey tour black

Ball: Titleist NXT Tour

1) Come up with a good stretching routine to use before each round/practice session
2) Drink more water and less soda
3) Get a course membership
4) Walk 9 holes at least 3 days a week after work once DST hits
5) Get an official handicap
6) Become a more consistant player

1. continue my 18 month goal of dropping handicap from 10 to 5 (7 months into it, and down to 8)
2. improve short game - all scratch golfers I play with have great short games
3. spend as much time with my kids on the course and range to allow them to be the best they can be at this great sport
4. play 18 with my wife who is recovering from shoulder surgery

Driver : ping.gifG15 10.5* Serrano Stiff
3W: callaway.gif RAZR 15*
Hybrids : adams.gif A7 19*
4- PW : mizuno.gif MP - 63
Wedges : vokey.gif50*, 54*, 60*Putter: cameron.gif Scotty Newport 2.5Bag: sunmountain.gif 2011 SunMountain C-130

Note: This thread is 4900 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!