IGNORED

The most $ youve payed to play 18 holes

spitz20
Note: This thread is 4257 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Should a member who spends 45k a yr but plays 100 times put his home course as the most expensive round? Would be interesting to see just how much people get out of their memberships on price per round basis.

4DX Evolver 10.5 Stiff UST V2
Big Bertha Steelhead Plus 3wood
mp-32 3-pw tt x100's
xtour 56/52deg
feel golf 60 deg lob wedge dual force rossie blade I golf balls

The membership fee is for 50 years.
What I Play:
913D3 9.5°Diamana Kai'li 70 Stiff  "C3" | 910F 15°, Diamana Kai'li 80 Stiff "D2" | 910H 19°,  Diamana Kai'li for Titleist 85 Hybrid Stiff | Titleist 714 AP2 4 to P Aerotech Steelfiber i110 S | SM4 Vokey 50.12, 54.14 & SM5 60.11K| 34" Edel Umpqua + 40g Counter Weight

The membership fee is for 50 years.

What are the monthly dues? And one more question.....who designed the course? Nosy, I know.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

Should a member who spends 45k a yr but plays 100 times put his home course as the most expensive round? Would be interesting to see just how much people get out of their memberships on price per round basis.

Club fees are interesting to work out into a round cost because there are so many other activities. Standard fees below for middle level CC in the Philadelphia area

Initiation and bonding -call it 15k one time fee for typical private club in my area. That is usually 10k spent for the initiation and 5k held for the bond (interest free of course) for the life of your membership…many people join and never leave. Dues- typically 5k or so Food minimum- typically 250.00 to 300 per quarter or $1,000.00 to $1,200.00 per year. Range time is “free” Cart fees are 12.00 per round. If you disregard the initiation and bond fees as overhead and the yearly cost for 100 rounds would be 5k dues + 1k food + 1.2k carts divided by 100 or $72.00 bucks per round…and that is hell of a lot of golf. Last season I played roughly 65 rounds at my club so it was approx. 104.00 per round. That doesn’t include drinks…the drinks in the grill room kill you!! Bottom line is I pay roughly 1k per month for my membership and expenses there if you divide that by 65 it is 184.00 per round… lots of ways to do the math but you need to just forget the upfront costs…they are gone. Plus it is socal, food, some entertainment, pool and so on...
  • Upvote 1

Driver- Callaway Razor somthing or other
3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

Can't remember the exact amounts:

Spyglass, Bandon Dunes: $200-$225?

The best golf experience I ever had I paid around $100, due to the awful US/Pound exchange rate - Hillside, right next to Royal Birkdale.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Arcadia Bluffs fall rate -- $75
Driver -- 909 D2 9.5º - Diamana Blueboard 65
3 Wood -- Burner 15º - REAX Superfast 50 - (re-shafting)
Hybrid -- Rescue TP w/ FCT 19º - Aldila VooDoo SVS8
Irons -- RAC MB TP 3-PW - DG S300
Wedges -- Vokey Spin Milled 52º, MP-T 10 Raw Black Satin 60ºPutter -- Studio Select Newport 2...

I forget how much it cost, but the most ive ever paid to play one round was at one of the orange county national courses in orlando.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

$500 not including airfare for pebble...once.

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

$135. Was well worth it.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

well I'm counted as a junior so only 200 euro for me.

course is 40 euro a play. I play over 60 times a year so good value. adult membership is 2000 a year. I'd still be getting value

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

I payed $500 to play the Wynn Golf Course in Vegas... I hit a slot for 18K the night before so I felt ok doing it ;) . Short course but uber luxury, impeccable shape and great caddie.

you won 18 grand on a slot machine!?! i would have flipped out man. i saw an old lady over in shreveport hit 2500, and she damn near fainted. yeah, i guess $500 wouldn't have been that much of a splurge after such a big purse. but i'd probably have rented a car and driven to pebble or spyglass instead of paying 5 bills to play the wynn course. i'm sure it's nice, but i couldn't have justified paying that much to play at a course less historic than augusta, pebble, riviera, etc.

I paid $175 once in Florida, great course but there are so many beautiful / reasonably priced tracks in Michigan that it failed in comparison.

I pay roughly $1000 a year for my membership and I played well over 60 rounds last year….comes out to about $16.00 a round . I can't remember when a round took longer then 4 hrs (typically it's like 3.5 hrs). Only needed to make 2 tee-times all year (and that was during Memorial Day and Fathers Day weekends). There are 3 major tournaments and about 10 minor tournaments throughout the year plus money games 3 days a week. We have less then 300 active memberships and my best guess is that only 50% play golf. Without a doubt the best deal in golf (IMHO) !

Callaway X-Hot Tour GD Tour AD DI-7 Sonartec SS-3.5 16* FTP-X Adams Idea Super S 19* Matrix Kujoh
Bridgestone J33B DG X100 Mizuno MP 53*6 Mizuno MP 56*10 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported
Mizuno MP 60*6 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported Odyssey White Hot Tour #5 Callaway Tourix

GHIN: 10436305

I'm a cheap golfer, so most of the time I'm looking for coupons and other deals. As for the question, I would say $69 at this

If a 5 HCP player like you barely shot under 100 I'm sure my score would be in the 300s. That said to me that would be worth it, the photos are gorgeous. I have trouble even imagining playing a course like that. The more shots you take the longer you can spend on that beautiful course!

In the blue Colts bag:

Driver - FT-5 10°
Hybrids - 4DX 15.5°, 20°
Irons/Wedges - CI-7 4-GW, SW | "Free" Warrior 60° LWPutter - TiffanyBalls - various

I played Pebble Beach 16 years ago and paid $450 and stayed just off the 18th hole at the Lodge. That stay and golf cost about $900, but then again, I proposed to my wife on the 7th tee box and that was priceless!

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

Note: This thread is 4257 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!