IGNORED

Tiger Woods News Conference Friday

jubess
Note: This thread is 5041 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

According to FOXSports.com he won't be answering questions, just reading a statement, and it will be very controlled who is there. There will be one pool camera there to broadcast it. It's expected that his return to playing will either be at the Tavistock Cup or Arnold Palmer Invitational.

Rob Tyska

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He is coming over to hang Thursday evening, I will let you guys know what is up; after we play some Wii.

Did you ask him who he's coming with?

Good decision Tiger. Better late than never. If he isn't fairly candid, it's going to make it harder for him later IMO.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

He really doesn't owe anyone an explaination, nor does he have to answer any questions concerning his personal life. All he needs to do is apologize to the Tour, his sponsors and his fans and tell us when he will be playing next.

I heard someone predict he wont return until his own event at the end of the year

I can only hope this "someone" is not regarded as a golf expert....he will absolutely be back for the Masters, and about 60/40 that he is back for a tune-up tourney before that.

Tiger will say he was wrong, admit his "addiction" and move on....his statement will include his intent to answer "ABSOLUTELY NO" questions about the subject in the future. If Jim Gray (or any other on-course reporter) decides to ask him about his off-course conduct in the future, you better believe Tiger will melt him with his stare and then never speak that person again. The only place he will be peppered with questions is at the Open Championship....because, let's face it, those euro-media guys won't give a flying fukk if Tiger gets pissed at them....

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

I heard someone predict he wont return until his own event at the end of the year

No way. He is a professional golfer. He's going to play golf. Otherwise, he wouldn't be saying a thing right now.

Surely he is preparing the ground for his return to the game. It will be very interesting to see what attitude (to the public) he displays, if any.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

• Administrator
He's a coward.

Yeah, cuz... you've had to publicly face reporters after the things you've done that you're not proud of.

Look, if reporters were allowed to ask questions, I'd have only two for Tiger: 1) When will you play your next PGA Tour event? 2) How much have you been able to practice lately and how do you think your game is? The rest is irrelevant.

Source: http://web.tigerwoods.com/news/article/201002178086282/news/ Tiger Woods will be speaking to a small group of friends, colleagues and close associates at 11:00 a.m. EST on Friday at the TPC Sawgrass Clubhouse in Ponte Vedra Beach, Fla. Tiger plans to discuss his past and his future, and he plans to apologize for his behavior. While Tiger feels that what happened is fundamentally a matter between him and his wife, he also recognizes that he has hurt and let down a lot of other people who were close to him. He also let down his fans. He wants to begin the process of making amends, and that's what he's going to discuss. His remarks will be open to a press pool for live coverage. It is NOT a news conference.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Yeah, cuz... you've had to publicly face reporters after the things you've done that you're not proud of.

Well said.

TM R11/Titleist 910F 15*/ Nike SQ2 20* & 23*/ Nike CCi 5-PW/ Nike SV 52* & 56*/ SC Newport 2 Studio Style 32.5"
Nike 20XIx/Pro V1x

I guess you don't have children. This guy is supposed to be a role model, like it or not. And he has failed miserably. It's time to show what a real man does. Man up. And yes, I have publicly admitted transgressions and made amends. Didn't do it on television or in the media.....because I'm not a world class, famous athlete!!

I guess you don't have children. This guy is supposed to be a role model, like it or not. And he has failed miserably. It's time to show what a real man does. Man up. And yes, I have publicly admitted transgressions and made amends. Didn't do it on television or in the media.....because I'm not a world class, famous athlete!!

Maybe those children should learn to respect peoples' private lives and give them a lesson how creepy our culture is.

I do not like the fact that our society idolizes superstar athletes but that's the way it is and as I work with youth I have to constantly remind them that these guys are fallible. You know, I may feel differently about Tiger after I hear what he has to say but I'm not banking on it. The only thing I think he's probably sorry about is getting caught. If he were to open up and truly show remorse and answer the media's questions about the whole sordid thing, maybe someone could learn from his mistakes. He's taken three months to figure out what to say, hope it's good.

It baffles my why adults don't teach kids to idolize people like Ghandi, MLK, scientists, and the like for their beliefs and contribution to society rather than allowing kids to idolize athletes.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Note: This thread is 5041 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!