IGNORED

Golf Resume. What's Yours?

parplease
Note:Β This thread is 1773 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

Height: 6' 2"

Where are you from: Maine .. But the navy displaced me here in Va. Beach, been stuck ever since. (retired)

How Long have you been Playing: Watched since a kid. Kids in my home town got beat if you played golf.. Playing since 1983

Best Score: 68

Favorite club in the bag: These days...... sand wedge or a 3 hybrid

Golf Books / DVD's that have helped you: Ben Hogan's 5 Easy Lessons

Where do you play: Virginia

Best courses you've played so far: Congressional & TPC Sawgrass

Things you enjoy most about golf: Making a birdie on the hole after a double bogey

Goals for 2K10: Improve my driver game...... it is long and wrong. Chipping also...... it stinks.

Height: 5'11

Where are you from: Limerick, Ireland

How Long have you been Playing: 15 years

Best Score: 71 level par once

Favorite club in the bag: SW

Golf Books / DVD's that have helped you: Putting out of your mind Bob Rotella

Where do you play: Local clubs

Best courses you've played so far: Adare Castletroy Killarney

Things you enjoy most about golf: competition, big drives, making putts

Goals for 2K10: become more consistent

Height: 6'

Where are you from: New York

How Long have you been Playing: 9-10 years? Only the last 5 or 6 seriously

Best Score: 87

Favorite club in the bag: "But then there's the 7 iron... I never miss with the 7 iron, yessir, the only truly safe club in my bag" - Roy McAvoy. Yep, 7 iron for me.

Golf Books / DVD's that have helped you: Haven't read any or watched any. It's very hard for a book to teach you the game, imo. You may not have the swing flaw that great tip is meant to correct.

Where do you play: Enjoie Golf Club, Conklin Players Club

Best courses you've played so far: Conklin Players Club, Enjoie Golf Club

Things you enjoy most about golf: The game itself. As Roy McAvoy put it... "A tuning fork goes off in your heart and your balls. Such a pure feeling is the well-struck golf shot"

Goals for 2010: Break 90 (did that with an 87 a couple weeks ago). Now I want to do it again. Haven't yet.

Callaway XR 9.5 + 1, Taylormade R15 3 Wood, Burner 3 Rescue, Callaway XHot 5H, Warbird 4H, Nike Vapor Fly 6-AWΒ Irons,Β Titleist Vokey 54, 60 Wedges, Taylormade Rossa Fontana Putter, Srixon Z-StarΒ Tour Yellow.

Best Score 2017: Β 82 (Traditions at the Glen, Par 70)

Favorite Course - Conklin Players Club (Par 72) - Best Score 86

Height: 5'2

Where are you from: Alabama

How long have you been playing: two months/four times

Best score: 90

Favorite club in the bag: five wood, i can hit it about 180

Golf books/dvd's: just golf channel

Where do you play: Quail Creek, Chesley Oaks, Point Mallard

Goals for 2010: shoot at least 100

Best courses you've play: Point Mallard, Chesley Oaks

Things you enjoy most about golf: The chalenge & Hanging out with friends

Height: 5'10"

Where are you from: CA

How Long have you been Playing: 8 years

Best Score: 73

Favorite club in the bag: 52* Vokey. Love having a wedge in hand

Golf Books / DVD's that have helped you: Think Like a Caddy, Play Like a Pro / Secrets of the Short Game (Mickelson's book)

Where do you play: Around the Bay Area, CA

Best courses you've played so far: Roddy Ranch, CA / Black Horse, CA / Coyote Moon, CA / Diablo Grande (Ranch COurse), CA / Mid Pines, NC / Pine Needles, NC

Things you enjoy most about golf: The personal challenge, the competion with my friends & brother, the pure-struck golf ball

Goals for 2K10: Tighten up my game, break 75 again (haven't done it since I was 19), beat my buddy again to prove that one time last year wasn't a fluke lol

My Equipment:
Driver: 9.5* R9, 73g FubukiΒ stiff | 3wood: 15*Β R9 3 Wood, x-stiff shaft | Hybrid:Β 19* LynxΒ Hybrid, reg. flex | Irons: MP-68s (4i-PW),Β 5.5x flightedΒ |
Wedges: 52.08*, 56.11*, & 60.07Β Vokey Spin-Milled | Putter:Β Pixl L1.8, 33.5"Β | Balls:Β Pro V1xΒ |

• 1 year later...

Height: 5'9

Where are you from: From Ohio, live in Orlando

How Long have you been Playing: 43 years

Best Score: 68. In competition: 71

Favorite club in the bag: Ping B-60 putter

Golf Books / DVD's that have helped you: Ben Hogan's Five Lessons, Jack Nicklaus Golf My Way

Where do you play: Wherever I can get a game. Around Orlando: Dubsdread GC, Rolling Hills, Shingle Creek CC

Best courses you've played so far: Firestone South, Doral Blue, World Woods Pine Barrens, Half Moon Bay CC, Harbour Town

Things you enjoy most about golf: You versus you, you versus the course.

Goals for 2K10: Well, for 2012, get handicap below 5.

Where are you from: Middle Tennessee

How Long have you been Playing: 12+ years (5 year break, been back for about 8 months)

Best Score: 80, this year was an 84

Favorite club in the bag: PW

Where do you play: Middle TN area

Best courses you've played so far: The Hombre (PCB Florida), Springhouse GC and The Hermitage (Nashville area)

Things you enjoy most about golf: The difficulty

Goals for 2012: More consistency, average low 80's and hopefully break 80 for first time

Phillip

Age: 34 Height: 5'9" Where are you from: Central Ohio How long have you been playing: Since I was 11yrs old Best Score: 70 on a par 71, 34 on a par 36. Favorite club in the bag: R11 TP driver Where do you play: All over Southern California Best Courses you've played so far: Here is my top 10 that I have played/enjoyed the most... 1.) Muirfield Village Golf Club, Dublin, Ohio 2.) Troon North, Scottsdale, Arizona 3.) Dinosaur Mountain, Gold Canyon, Arizona 4.) One and Only Ocean Club, Paradise Island, Bahamas 5.) Wedgewood Golf & Country Club, Powell, Ohio 6.) Exmoor Country Club, Highland Park, Illinois 7.) Grey Oaks Country Club, Naples, Florida 8.) Pine Meadow Golf Course, Mundelein, Illinois 9.) The Glen Club, Glenview, Illinois 10.) Thunder Hill Golf Club, Madison, Ohio I laugh as I put this list together... Because I live in Socal and didn't find a course that makes my personal top 10 here locally. Things you enjoy the most about golf: I love the challenge. It is a difficult game to play at a high level. Goals for 2012: Get my handicap down to a 3 or lower.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Where are you from: Columbus OH....KC MO for the past 12yrs
How long have you been playing: 20yrs
Best Score: 68....-4
Favorite clubs: putter & wedges

Golf Books...NONE
Where do you play: Drumm Farm Golf Club
Best Courses you've played so far:

My favorites are vacation courses...

Bukit Jambul in Malaysia

Carambola in St. Croix

LaCosta north and south

Doral

The disney courses rock too....wherever I play on vacation.
Goals for 2012: Play a lot and not get worse....

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big BerthaΒ Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
-Β CallawayΒ Big BerthaΒ 4-5 Rescue Clubs
--Β Mizuno Mx-25 sixΒ iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Where are you from: Cabot, AR
How long have you been playing: 8.5 years
Best Score: 69 (-1)
Favorite clubs: driver, gap wedge, putter

Golf Books: hogan's five fundamentals, be the ball, various biographies/autobiographies of famous golfers
Where do you play: various courses around central arkansas

Things you enjoy most about golf: the sensation of knowing you just hit an absolutely perfect 280+ yard drive without even having to look up at it.Β  you hit it pure, everything felt fluid in your swing, and you know there's no way that ball is doing anything but splitting the fairway.
Goals for 2012: get my stance figured out... i never quite feel comfortable over the ball.Β  i think if i could do that i could shake off those last few strokes keeping me from scratch.

Where are you from: Wales,UK

How long have you been playing: 1 Year 2 Months

Best Score: 78 (+7)

Favorite clubs:Β 50Β° & 58Β° Vokeys

Golf Books:Β Tiger Woods - How I Play Golf

Where do you play: Member of MHGC Pembs, Wales. Play a variety of course in Wales.

Best Courses you've played so far: 2010 Course,Celtic Manor

Things you enjoy most about golf:Β Hitting approaches from 100yards in to <3ft with my wedges. Ripping one down the middle. The difficulty of the game. The social side (quite fond of the 19th hole).

Goals for 2012: Get down to about 10 maybe single figs. Play a few course around Europe. Practise from 100yards in every week.

Β 909 D2 10.5ΒΊ S-FlexΒ  Β RBZ 3W 15ΒΊ S-Flex

Β 909h 19ΒΊ S-Flex

Β G15 (4-6) i15 (7-PW)Β Project X RifleΒ 5.5Β Β 52ΒΊ, 56ΒΊ & 58ΒΊ

Β Β California Del Mar 34"Β Β Β Β Β Pro-V1

Β 

"Golf is a lot of walking, broken up by disappointment and bad arithmetic"

Β 

Where are you from: Redcar, Cleveland, England.

How Long have you been Playing: 44 years

Best Score: 70 (2 under). Best 9, 6 under. In competition: 71

Favorite club in the bag: Odysseey white hot #5 centre shaft.

Golf Books / DVD's that have helped you: Tom Watson, "getting up and down."

Where do you play: Cleveland GC.

Best courses you've played so far: Carnoustie, St Andrews Old Course, Woodall Spa

Things you enjoy most about golf: Getting on a run of birdies. The banter with the guys

Goals for 2012: Keep doing what I'm doing. Ideally, finish the yearΒ with a handicap no higher than I start it.

Height: 6'0"

Where are you from: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

How Long have you been Playing: at least 15 years

Best Score: In relation to par: 76Β Β  Lowest Round: 75

Favorite club in the bag: My Scotty Cameron Putter

Golf Books / DVD's that have helped you: Dave Pelz short game bible, Stan Utley Short game book

Where do you play: Eagle Creek Golf Course

Best courses you've played so far: Pete Dye Course at PGA Village, Rocky Crest Golf and Country Club, Crowe Bush Cove

Things you enjoy most about golf: Socializing with the group that you are playing with and the constant battle with the trying to Master the game.

Goals for 2012: Get out and play - I have a 3 month old, so this may be tough!

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9Β  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |
Β 

Height: 5'11'

Where are you from: Wellington, New Zealand - now Calgary, Canada

How Long have you been Playing: 3 years

Best Score: In relation to par: 79 Β  Lowest Round: 79

Favorite club in the bag: GW

Golf Books / DVD's that have helped you: None

Where do you play: Anywhere

Best courses you've played so far: Balfour Golf Course/Kokanee Springs

Things you enjoy most about golf: Getting better, hitting good shots, drinking beer, relaxing with mates and getting out of the city

Goals for 2012: Shoot 70's consistently.

:tmade:Β SLDR X-Stiff 12.5Β°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2Β° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Height: 5'10'

Where are you from: NC

How Long have you been Playing: 4 years

Best Score: 66

Favorite club in the bag: All or none depends on day

Golf Books / DVD's that have helped you: None

Where do you play: Keith hills and alot of the pinehurst area courses.

Best courses you've played so far: Pinehurst #2 , Orange County National

Things you enjoy most about golf: Flushing a golf shot and hanging with friends.

Goals for 2012: Continue making swing changes and gain some consistency.

Driver: Titleist 915 D3
3 wood: 15 Callaway X Hot pro
Hybrids:Β  18 Callaway X Hot Pro
Irons: 4-GW Callaway Apex
project x 6.0
Wedges: 54 , 58 Callaway
Putter: 2 ball
Ball: Callaway Chrome

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Height: 5'10'

Where are you from: CA, but I live in OK now.

How Long have you been Playing: 2 1/2 years

Best Score: 76

Favorite club in the bag: 7-iron

Golf Books / DVD's that have helped you: Hogan's 5 Lessons, Penick's Little Red Book

Where do you play: Westwood (muni in Norman), and Shoreline (muni in Mtn View) when I'm visiting family

Best courses you've played so far: Santa Barbara Muni, Menlo C.C., Alisal (river course), Jimmie Austin

Things you enjoy most about golf: improving my swing, contact, and scores, and the feel of a well-struck shot

Goals for 2012: improve my driver so that I can hit at least 50% of FWs (currently at about 25% -- and some misses are BIG), play consistently in the 80s

Height: 6'1

Where are you from: Uruguay but now reside in West Palm

How Long have you been Playing: since January, less than a year

Best Score: 80

Favorite club in the bag: LW, 9 iron

Golf Books / DVD's that have helped you: none yet

Where do you play: Wellington courses (Okeeheelee, Park Ridge, Binks Forest)

Best courses you've played so far: Wycliffe, IronHorse

Things you enjoy most about golf: creativity for shots, interaction with nature, You vs Yourself

Goals for 2K12: Shoot under par, average 30 putts a round, hit majority of fairways, learn how to play a draw

Height: 6'2"

Where are you from: Moberly, Missouri

How Long have you been Playing: Started playing when I was 14, left the game and picked it back up at 23

Best Score: 81

Favorite club in the bag: Seven Iron.Β  I have all the confidence in the world with this club in my hand.

Golf Books / DVD's that have helped you: David Leadbetter "100% Golf - Unlocking Your True Golf Potential"

Where do you play: Timber Lake Golf Course, Moberly, Missouri

Best courses you've played so far: Cog Hill (Dubsdread), The Raven (Sandestin Resort)

Things you enjoy most about golf: The pursuit for perfection.Β  Until I shoot an 18, I can always get better.Β  Also love the golf fashion!

Goals for 2K12: Break 80, hit more consistent irons, chips and pitches, play more.

Β 

Β 

Note:Β This thread is 1773 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!