IGNORED

How many holes in one have you had?

billysandy
Note: This thread is 2600 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

0 aces for me. But I did get a slam dunk eagle from around 115 yards with my pitching wedge. Straight in the hole. :) By far my best eagle I have ever gotten.

They say golf is like life, but don't believe them. Golf is more complicated than that.

A big fat zero... I've been inside 3" two times, but never had one go in the hole.

Lots of eagles and birdies, but never the elusive "1"

Cheers, Allan

In my Ping Hoofer II bag: Titleist 975J | Callaway Big Bertha 3 Wood S2H2 | Mizuno Fli-Hi 18˚ Hybrid | Mizuno MP-33 3-PW | Cleveland Tour Action 900 54/60 | Ping Anser II BeCu | Titleist ProV1

My Playground: Northview G&CC

Zero------I've had 3 that were hangers with the ball actually hanging over the lip. The last one was in 2009. A group of 5 golfers allowed us to play through a 186 yard par 3. Hit my shot and it looked pretty good so I picked up my tee, relieved that I did not shank one in front of an audience. I was walking to cart when they started hooting and hollering. Surprised I look at them and they pointed to the green. Upshot of it all was it was a very easy birdie.

I have holed out from 162 yards. Best of all that hole out was on the "greens keeper's revenge day where the pins are put on the absolutely most difficult position on the green. That one way of avoiding a knee knocker putt.

9* Geek No Brainer with red Stiff Gallofory shaft
15* R5 3 wood with Burner shaft
21* 24* Nike CPR hybrid Aldila by you shaft
5-pw Titleist 680 cb irons-SK Fiber graphite shafts
52*, 56*,60* Reid Lockhart Dual Bounce spinner shaftScotty Cameron Newport MidSlant with Tiger Shark GripTM LDP Red balls---used because I'm...

One Ace in December 09, 139 yard par 3. 8 iron. Nice swing with my old Spaulding Elites. It hit the green in line with the pin. I looked away to grab my bag and when I looked back the ball was gone. I thought it had rolled over the green so I walked to the back and looked, no ball, walked back to the cup and wow. Bummer, no one to celebrate with, I was a single that day. Twice since then on a another course I hit the green directly in line with the hole on a 135 yard par three, both were easy birdies one was 30 ft the other was 1 ft. Best shot so far came last Saturday, 163 yard par three, this time I'm swinging my new Mizuno MP 68 6 iron the ball hit the green and stopped 1 ft from the hole. Got my props on that one as the course was backed up and I had 7 witnesses. Even better two hole later a guy from another group came up to me on the tee and fist bumped saying great bird shot dude! It was hard getting my hat back on.

It ain't bragging if you can do it.

Taylor Made Burner '09 8.5* UST Pro Force V2, Mizuno F-60 3 wood UST Pro Force V2, Mizuno MP-68 3-PW  S300, Bobby Jones Wedges S and L, Nike Ignite 001, Leupold GX-II

None yet.I hit one to about 11 inches. I played with a guy who made double eagle on a par 5 from 238 out, which was really impressive.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

None for me, but I'm gonna get one this year...I can feel it. I don't feel too bad because Bubba Watson has never had one either. Believe that? I was amazed when I heard him say it...it was one of those lessons with the pros episodes on the Golf Channel. I can't believe he's never had an ace.

Last year, a guy at our club had three. Three! That's getting a little greedy. I played with him...he's good, but not that good.

Whoever came up with the saying, "A bad day of golf is better than a good day at work", is a moron.

ZERO. Closest was on a 167 yard par 3, a ball that was less than two inches from the hole (ball mark in front and ball rolled about 18 inches forward and must have lipped out) slightly raised green so I could not see it when it landed.

Have holed out from the fairway twice for eagle.

Witnessed my 72 year old grandpa ace one! That was cool!

In my SasQuatch carry bag.
909D2 9.5* (Aldila Voodo Shaft)
FT 3W 15* (Fujikura E370 Shaft Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 21* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 24* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)Irons: X22 Tour 5 thru PW (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300) 2* upright (also...

None here,i pitched in from about 70 yards out,but no aces yet...

In my Sport II cart bag or my R9 stand bag
Irons-Tour burner R/5-Sw,60 lob wedge z groove
Driver-R9 Supertri R/10.5
09 Hybrid #3 R/19
09 Hybrid #4 R/22Putter-Method 001,Length : 34 Ball-Those round white ones...

2 holes in ones. The first one I started with a double boogie on the first hole and because of the ace I ended up shooting even. I also started out playing by myself and on the 5th hole two ladies joined me to witness and signed my scorecard.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

still wating...I had balls stop at 1", 4" and several inside of 12"...I had one that the ball mark partially crushed the lip of the cup and stop 5' away...but still waiting.

Driver- Callaway Razor somthing or other
3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

Zero, but still trying. In fact, just last week, on two Par 3's in the same round, I stuck the tee shot within a putter face length of the hole (both on the left side - left very nice inverted nipples). Given all the rain we have gotten here in the Northeast, there is not much release or chance for any spin (maybe a good thing after all).

Try none. What's funny is I was at a range the other day and one of their pins was set up at 105 yards and I hit a nice easy gap wedge right in the hole. Hilarious.

I don't think I'm destined to get one. As a young man I was playing this course and they had a straightforward par 3 at about 135-140 yards. I hit a shot that was very high that looked like it came straight down on the stick because it made a sound like it was running down the flagstick (hard to describe). The ball ended up hitting behind the hole, spinning back and hitting the flagstick again and bounced away. If one shot has two chances of going in and doesn't....I don't think the golf gods want me hitting one.

1 ace - came in 2007 when I was 20.

16th hole at Stanwich CC in Greenwich, CT. 170 yard par 3, 7-iron

Cool story...it was my first time playing the course and as we drove up my friend (and college golf teammate) pointed to #16 which you could see and said he got his first hole in one there when he was 14 years old. So we finally get to that hole in the round and he reminded me of the ace again there. The green was elevated and pin was just over a ridge that made it a false-front. My other friend right before me knocked it real tight (ended up being a foot away). My shot was last of the group and was a slight draw that hit the top of the ridge, took one bounce, and disappeared. My friend (who had the prior ace) started jumping up and down certain it was in, but I wasn't sure and afraid it just went past the cup to the back or something. Anyway, he comes over for one of those NFL player jumping "chest-bumps" and I kind of pushed him away because I didn't want to celebrate yet. So we walk up and sure enough it was in. Interestingly, on the next hole (par 5) my eagle shot from 40 yards actually lipped out, but I missed the 18 incher for birdie downhill after all the excitement.

"I'm not going left or right of those trees, okay. I'm going over those trees...with a little draw." ~ Tin Cup

2 in 9 months. The second one was 20 years ago next month. The first was in August of 1989, in the final round of the club championship. Two of us aced the 17th hole just 20 minutes apart and split a $2400 pot. The second one (May 1990) was just during a casual round with a couple of strangers.

Been close many times since, but no more aces.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

i nutted a six iron high into the air, came down with one bounce, and disappeared into the hole.

You're talking 'bout golf...right?

Whoever came up with the saying, "A bad day of golf is better than a good day at work", is a moron.

No aces, but I did stick one an inch from the hole in a tournament and won two round-trip airline tickets.

Driver: Burner 10.5 deg
5W: R7 18 deg
3H: Idea Tech
4-PW: MP-57
GW: Vokey 52 degSW: 56 degLW: 60 degPutter: Black Series 1 34"Ball: Pro V1

Note: This thread is 2600 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!