IGNORED

Who's the Most Talented Player on Tour?

colin007
Note:Β This thread is 5128 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

Greg Norman by a considerable margin, if we're talking ancient history. And every other player acknowledges this.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Β 

Β 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree, historically, Norman may have been the most naturally physically gifted golfer. Didn't start playing until 16yo, scratch within a year.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2Β  AD333

I'd nominate Bubba Watson. He hits it a mile with all different sorts of english, but then he pulls off shots like this.

Agreed ...... it won't be long and Bubba will get his win, almost had it at the Bob Hope classic this year

I think Bubba has the most raw talent as well. It was re-affirmed for me last summer when I read an article about him in Golf Digest. Here is a link to the article and a little excerpt from it where he's talking about playing practice rounds with Tiger.

But Watson fondly remembers a serious moment after a practice round before this year's Players Championship. "We were having breakfast, just me and him, and he looked at me and said, 'You're too good not to be winning and doing this and that.'

http://www.golfdigest.com/magazine/2...?currentPage=1

Driver: taylormade.gif Tour Burner 9.5*
4 Wood: taylormade.gif200 Steel 16*
Irons: taylormade.gif Burner '09
Wedges: taylormade.gif RAC TP Satin 54*, 58*
Putter: odyssey.gif White Hot Tour #9Β Β Ball: bridgestone.gif B330

I hope he gets that win soon. I really like him, and he's fun to watch too. Just to watch him with the driver is fun in itself, but he has much more to his game than that.

Ben

Daly, Woods, AK, Mcilroy are all great shouts.

McIlroy has had a really poor 2010. It makes it hard for me to root for him. I would say AK has a tonne of raw talent - back 9 at the masters final round, and that par saving putt on 18 was the best of the lot given the circumstances!

What I Play:
Wilson Mini Stand Bag | PING G10, 10.5Β°, Proforce V2 HL S |Β PINGΒ G5, 15Β°, 18Β°, Aldila NV 75 S | PINGΒ G5, 19Β°, Aldila VS Proto By You 80 S
Mizuno MX200 4-PW S | Ping Tour W 50/12 X | Ping Tour W 58/TS X | A selection of putters, all 35.5 inches.

Id say Phil has the most talent when he gets on a 3 or 4 hole hotstreak.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

Sergio - to bad he's a friggin head case

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5degΒ GD Tour AD DI7xΒ | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLKΒ Hybrid: 20deg,Β Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 ShaftΒ | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg |Β Scotty Cameron California Del MarΒ | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

When it comes to natural talent, Ernie Els

Clubs in my bag: TaylorMade R7 SuperDeep TP 9.5Β° Fujikura Speeder 757 S | Titleist 906F2 13Β° AccuFLEX ICON FH X| Adams Idea Pro Black 18Β° Aldila NV Pro 105-S| Mizuno MP-57 3-7; MP-32 8-P PX6.0 | Mizuno MP T-10 54.09, 60.05
My bags and cart:Β TitleistΒ Carry Bag |Β MizunoΒ Omega V +Β ClicgearΒ 2.0

When it comes to natural talent, Ernie Els

My Ernie Els fanboy feeling wants me to agree with you but I'm going to go with Anthony Kim as well.

Solid swing and game. I'm the same age as he and He is the reason I picked up my golf clubs again after taking a 3 year hiatus.

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

Rory McIlroy for pure natural swing & talent, Lefty for all his ballsy flops & taking on pins he got no reason to 50/50

What's in my Titleist RC10 Cart Bag? Driver: Nike Sasquatch Sumo Square 5900 10.5* Aldila VS Proto 65 stiff shaft
3 Wood: Nike SQ Mach Speed 15* Hybrid: Nike 5H Ignite 23*
Irons: Nike Ignite 4i-Sw Wedges: Vokey Design 252*-08 / Oil Can Spin Milled 60*-08
Putter: Odyssey White Ice 2Ball CS 34"...

There is a general feeling here that Tiger Woods is on top because he works hard and not because of "natural talent," whatever that is.

I think Woods is naturally suited to play golf.

He is tall but not too tall. Height at a certain point is a disadvantage in golf; so is lack of height. The best golfers are 5'9" to 6'2". Tiger's about 6'2".

Tiger has wide shoulders, relatively flat chest, coupled with a long neck, which means Tiger can manage a full swing without his shoulders hitting his chin. The flat chest means he can bring his left arm across his chest and get it high on the backswing.

Tiger has long feet. Feet have a lot to do with the golf swing. When I hit a bucket of balls, I'm sore the next day, but especially in the calves, reason being the feet and calves and weight transfer are involved in the speed and power of the golf swing. I think big feet are a major advantage for a golfer, in leverage.

Don't know about Tiger's arm and leg length, or how that might affect the swing.

Then there is Tiger's eye-hand coordination. Considering how he can bounce a ball off a club face, it looks pretty good.

Where Tiger may not be naturally gifted is in his propensity to injury. I don't know how many of the injuries he has had were attributable to repetitive stress of long practicing, how many to the other exercises has done to build up his body, and how many to a natural tendency toward injury.

Some may be more flexible than Tiger. John Daly (who also has very big feet) and Sam Snead come to mind, the latter being freaky flexible.

Carry Bag, experimental mix-- 9* Integra 320, TT X100 Gold shaft
MacGregor Tourney 2-iron circa 1979

High grass club: #5 Ginty
Irons: 3,4,8,9 Cleveland 588P RTG Proforce 95 Gold shafts
Hogan fifty-three Hogan 5612

Ping Kushin

Just because John Daly swings longer than everyone doesn't mean he is more flexible, nobody wants that long a swing really.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot ProΒ | Callaway X-Utility 3iΒ | Mizuno MX-700 23ΒΊ | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15ΒΊ | Titleist 910 D2 9,5ΒΊ | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

How is this even debatable. It's Tiger Woods.

In my bag:
Driver: R5 TP Diamana 83s Shaft
Fairway: Burner 15 degree Fujikura REAX
Hybrid: Custom 19 degree
Irons: DCI 990 S300 4-PW

Wedges: NF 52.04*, Spin Milled 56.10* and 60.08*

Putter: Red X3

Ball: ProV1

Shoe: Tour 360 LTD

Nick Price

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

• Administrator

Phil Mickelson, because he wins as often as he does with that swing.

If Tiger was winning instead of missing cuts you could make the same argument for his swing with Hank Haney...

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Tiger from the "ruff" .Norman comes in there and Sergio definitely would be on the short list along with the hometown favorite Phil. AK hasnt proven himself..over the long haul. but if he lasts..definitely in there. Games come. go and get remodeled over a career. Tiger has the mental game.
We all might agree on the man with the putter

Note:Β This thread is 5128 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!