IGNORED

Nice courses in you area that allow jeans.

shades9323
Note: This thread is 5112 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Grab some Dockers at Costco for $19 and play on. Cheaper for you snobby hip people that buy your $100/$200 plus designer jeans. LOL

This is a funny deal. It is not about a certain group of people are not able to afford the "high end" Dockers or equivalent. So lets not go there with the argument. Today I wore a $19 pair of dockers and a $14.99 PGA polo shirt both from Costco.

In my SasQuatch carry bag.
909D2 9.5* (Aldila Voodo Shaft)
FT 3W 15* (Fujikura E370 Shaft Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 21* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 24* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)Irons: X22 Tour 5 thru PW (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300) 2* upright (also...

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who cares what anyone wears? Worry more about how they comport themselves on the course. Today I played an upscale muni ($79 with cart) and I played in jeans. Nobody batted an eye.

As anyone who has been around this forum for any time will tell you, I have nothing but respect for the GAME. I play by the rules, I know the rules (I'm a volunteer CGA Rules official), I know and follow the rules of etiquette as well. I don't throw clubs or scream obscenities. I rarely drink during a round. But if it's allowed, I do wear jeans when they happen to be the most comfortable thing for the current weather conditions. When a course requires it, I wear what the dress code calls for. But on a day like today after two days of rain, slopping through water and mud, I'm not wearing my Sunday best just to play a round of golf.

Contrary to some earlier comments, jeans are quite comfortable if they are properly fitted. Granted that they are a bit heavier than some other fabrics, they are also tougher. I wear jeans for casual wear in cool and cold weather about 90% of the time. I see no reason not to extend that to the golf course. When it warms up, then I wear shorts and sandals for much of my casual wear, and do the same on the golf course. The golf course is just a piece of ground modified to play a game. What I wear can't respect or disrespect the course or the game of golf. How I conduct myself will tell how much I respect the game, and I doubt that anyone on this forum could find fault with my actions on the course.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

NONE of the courses in my area allow jeans.
Do you think it's ok not to wear a top without a collar?

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

Do you think it's ok not to wear a top without a collar?

"Paging Mr. Sergio Garcia...Paging...Ahhh. Mr. Garcia, one of our staff noticed your shirt. Did you have another one with you? If not, we have a very nice selection in the pro shop..."

"If you are going to throw a club, it is important to throw it ahead of you, down the fairway, so you don't have to waste energy going back to pick it up." Tommy Bolt
Insight XTD 9.5°, Insight 14.5°, X16 P-4iron, Edge 3H

Powerbuilt 2iron and SW, Cleveland 54°, Odyssey Rossi II

NONE of the courses in my area allow jeans.

sorry second sentence is wrong and it won't let me edit

NONE of the courses in my area allow jeans. Do you think it's ok to wear a top without a collar?

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

Today I played an upscale muni ($79 with cart) and I played in jeans. Nobody batted an eye.

There are more golf courses per capita around here than anywhere except Myrtle Beach, supposedly. No more than a handful of them would even notice if you were wearing jeans, and people like me aren't allowed on those anyhow.[/quote]

But if it's allowed, I do wear jeans when they happen to be the most comfortable thing for the current weather conditions...But on a day like today after two days of rain, slopping through water and mud, I'm not wearing my Sunday best just to play a round of golf.[/quote] Unless you wear long johns, you could freeze out there right into June around these parts wearing a pair of Florida-friendly slacks. (Actually, I sometimes will wear long johns under the jeans.) In the spring, they don't even let carts on the course because of the mud after the snow melts.
Contrary to some earlier comments, jeans are quite comfortable if they are properly fitted.

FITTED blue jeans!? Surely you mean jeans that fit.

But I agree.

"If you are going to throw a club, it is important to throw it ahead of you, down the fairway, so you don't have to waste energy going back to pick it up." Tommy Bolt
Insight XTD 9.5°, Insight 14.5°, X16 P-4iron, Edge 3H

Powerbuilt 2iron and SW, Cleveland 54°, Odyssey Rossi II

My question is:

Why do golfers worry about things that really don't matter in the grand scheme of things? Why spend so much effort worrying about what someone's wearing on the course? That effort is much better spent on trying to improve my game, or making sure the course is better when I left than when I got there by repairing a few extra ball marks, filling a few extra divots, etc. What I wear doesn't affect that. 2 of my regular playing partners wear jeans occasionally on the course, and they're 2 of the most courteous golfers I've ever played a round with. I've played with some real characters dressed like they're going straight to the country club for dinner that didn't give a crap about the course or the other people on it though. I've also played with people in jeans that were completely clueless. It's not what you wear, your conduct on the course speaks louder to me.

It just seems that some golfers care more about the image of being a golfer than anything else. I care about the game and the course more than anything material like clothes. I'd rather play with someone in jeans than in those horrid Loudmouth Golf pants any day, that's for sure.

All that said, I play in shorts (sometimes jean shorts) and a collared shirt all the time. If I'm playing in long pants, it's because I just got off work, and slacks or khakis are what I have to wear at work, along with a collared shirt. I can't play in jeans because of the friction factor, there's just too much rubbing going on to walk 18 in jeans, and since I wear slacks at work it's more comfortable for me.

My semi private course has a "dress code", but the powers at be are too concerned w/ public relations to say anything about anyone wearing jeans. I personally wouldn't think of wearing jeans and I think MOST of the people wearing jeans to golf, shouldn't.

No elitist attitude here what so ever, but I was brought up in the game w/ a traditionalist attitude, and not wearing jeans is a part of that.

TM R11/Titleist 910F 15*/ Nike SQ2 20* & 23*/ Nike CCi 5-PW/ Nike SV 52* & 56*/ SC Newport 2 Studio Style 32.5"
Nike 20XIx/Pro V1x

I don't care if people wear jeans, but why would you? Worst possible legwear I can imagine.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

It seems to me that dress codes for golf courses depend a lot on the area you live. I live in the Palm Springs area and jeans aren't allowed in any of the courses I play but nobody in their right mind would want to wear jeans. It's too damn hot...and why wear pants when you can wear shorts 95% of the time. When i've played in more rural areas jeans seem to be more allowed more often. I don't have a strong opinion about the matter but jeans do appear "out of place" on the golf course because they aren't the norm where I am from.

Cleveland Classic XL 10.5 Rombax 6X07
Titleist 904F Aldila NV
Nickent 3DX hybrid

MX-25 irons & MP-R wedges

Odyssey #5

Leopold GX1/Skycaddie SG5

Sun Mountain Hybrid Bag

99% of the courses around here dont care if you wear jeans on the course. The only exceptions I can think of would be some of the most exclusive courses like Whistling Straits or University Ridge.
Jeans are really common around here and its really not that big of a deal. Honestly, you get more weird looks out on the course if you are wearing a polo shirt and dress pants than you do for wearing a t-shirt and jeans. I guess its just a midwest thing...

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

99% of the courses around here dont care if you wear jeans on the course. The only exceptions I can think of would be some of the most exclusive courses like Whistling Straits or University Ridge.

I think it is a midwestern thing. Jeans around here are pretty common as well. Even in my semi private course where jeans are discouraged, you still get a good number of folks wearing them.

You're right in that if you're NOT wearing jeans, you're almost too dressed up and look out of place at MOST of the muni's. I still won't wear jeans. I don't care if I come across as too dressed up or not.

TM R11/Titleist 910F 15*/ Nike SQ2 20* & 23*/ Nike CCi 5-PW/ Nike SV 52* & 56*/ SC Newport 2 Studio Style 32.5"
Nike 20XIx/Pro V1x

I don't care if people wear jeans, but why would you? Worst possible legwear I can imagine.

Zeph, that's a matter of perspective. I find them very comfortable to wear. When you've worn jeans your whole life for both work and play, it's the most natural thing in the world to wear them for golf too when the weather is cool. In parts of the US (and especially here in the Rocky Mountain West) jeans are considered sort of all purpose dress casual.... clean and in good repair, not the same ones you wore to work that day.... but no one would comment if you wore them to a dance, or to a fairly good restaurant, so why is it not appropriate for golf? You even see them worn with a jacket and tie.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

My semi private course has a "dress code", but the powers at be are too concerned w/ public relations to say anything about anyone wearing jeans. I personally wouldn't think of wearing jeans and I think MOST of the people wearing jeans to golf, shouldn't.

Traditionalist? Do you wear something like this when you play:

all the public ones. Nicest would be Horse Thief in Tehachapi.

Horse Thief - target golf at it's finest..

love that course..

Bag
Adams Redline
Adams 3,5 Woods
Ping Zing 2
SaddlesPutter - Icon III

Zeph, that's a matter of perspective. I find them very comfortable to wear. When you've worn jeans your whole life for both work and play, it's the most natural thing in the world to wear them for golf too when the weather is cool.

Not for me. I don't wear jeans at work, but often in my free time, hanging with friends. A golf swing is however not the same. The body is stretched and bent in every direction, so I'm more comfortable with clothes that are light and flexible. Not to mention that the golf pants I wear are usually made of polyester, which breathe much better than jeans.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Here in northern Illinois, I only see jeans when it's still cold. One guy I play with, who works the pro desk at a public course, always wears jeans when it's too cold for shorts. But other guys I play with will look askance at cargo shorts. However, I rarely see tee shirts and never see tank tops. It wouldn't bother me though. Other stuff does. Don't be peeing out under a single tree, for example, don't litter and don't toss the flagstick.

When I started playing in 2002. most of the courses did post dress codes, but I see less of that. I once saw two gals in really short cut-offs get sent home. My playing partner a woman my age, thought it quite appropriate.

Colorado Springs here - I think all the publics let you wear jeans. Collared shirt seems to be the norm. I Prefer to be in shorts when outside in the heat, and go with a nice khaki style. Probably because of 3 hot tours to Iraq and having no escape. That said I have worn jeans, not wranglers not not falling off my ass, a couple times this winter. I have also worn pants. Never felt I was being disrespectful to anyone in jeans, but I did kind of have that lingering feeling that I was under dressed. I will probably not wear jeans this summer, but that certainly isn't a 100% rule. I think jeans for winter golf isn't too bad though.

Swing - Mulligan - Repeat

Note: This thread is 5112 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!