IGNORED

what wedges are in your bag?

Note: This thread is 4995 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm kind of a wedge junkie, I think I have at least 6 sets of wedges.

My favorites are:

TM RAC TP Satin -- I have a 52º/8º, 54º/14º, 58º/6º and 60º/6º

Inazone CNC Spin Milled Satin -- 50º/8º, 54º/14º, 58º/4º (No one has probably ever heard of these but they are really nice wedges, very Vokey SM-like). Being a club builder I like to experiment and these wedges have found their way into my bag as I have been hitting them really well.

For wedges on a budget, the Adams Watson Classic satin wedges are hard to beat. Very good quality at an inexpensive price.

What's in my bag (most of the time)

Exotics 12°, Aldila VS Proto 65S
Exotics CB1 4W, 16.5°, Fujikura Stiff
3DX DC Ironwood 20°, 23°, 26º Hybrids, Proforce V2 Stiff Acer XP905 Pro 6-PW, Dynalite Gold S300Inazone CNC Spin Satin GW 50°/8°, SW 54°/14°, LW 58°/4°Boccieri...

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pitching Wedge (48 degree)
Cleveland CG14 Sand Wedge (56 degree 14 bounce)
Titleist Vokey Gap Wedge (52 degree)
Ben Hogan Colonial Lob Wedge (60 degree)

I used to carry another sandwedge with a smaller bounce for the fairways, but that put me at 15 clubs and had to take it out of the bag for tournaments

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

i have the three major wedge companies (Cleveland, Titleist, Callaway) in my bag. a 52.12 cleveland cg14, 56.08 titleist vokey spin milled, and 60.10 callaway x-tour. i believe the set up is near perfect because the cg14 plays similar to an iron, the 56 can spin around the green and in the bunkers, and the 60 degree is one hop n' stop from 40 yards in.

Whats in my 14 Way Stand Bag?? Just...
taylormade.gif Superfast TP 8.5* Matrix HD6 Stiff
taylormade.gif '07 Burner 5 wood 18* Snr. 50g
titleist.gif 710 AP2 3-PW w/ Dy. Gold S300
taylormade.gif Z TP 52* 8* stock wedgeflexscratch.gif 8620 56* with D/S grindcallaway.gif 2009 Forged X-Tour 60* 10* bounce stock wedgeflexcameron.gif Pro Platinum Laguna 2.5, 32.5inches

• 3 months later...

I just picked up a NEW 52* & 56* of these with DGS300 shafts and DD2 grips for $12.50 a piece so we'll see:

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

i play a 54* tmade rac tp, 58* vokey spin milled(originally 56), and a 62* Cleveland cg10/cg12(both originally 60*. the reason behind this is that i'm a long hitter and a good wedge player. i needed to consolidate some room so i dropped my 52* but had a weird gap between my pw and 56*. the 54* seemed like a natural fit. i would play just 54* and 58*(and often do) but i hit my 62* best from the sand and its great for flops and touch shots around the green.

In my Diablo Edge Tour/ Titliest Stand Bag:
Driver: Nike VR Pro 8.5* w/ Myazaki 43g X
3 Wood: Nike VR Pro II 13.5* w/ Diamana Whiteboard 83g X
5 Wood: Cobra S9-1 Pro 18* w/ Diamana Whiteboard 83g X

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 21* w/ Prolaunch Red X
Irons: 4-7 Titleist 712 CB, 8-9 712 MB w/ TT Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: 46* Vokey SM4, 54* Vokey SM4, 60* TMade ATV

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Belly 43"

I had a Callaway Forged Vintage PW 48* and a set of Callaway Forged Jaws Vintage GW-52*, SW-56* and LW-60*. I just purchased Taylormade TP XFT GW-52.09, SW-56.12 and LW-60.10 and a PW to go with my new R9 Irons. I haven't met a TM club I haven't fallen in love with so thats why I am making the switch in irons and wedges. If anyone is interested I am selling the Jaws wedges and the vintage PW.

taylormade.gifR11S 9* Driver Aldila RIP Phenom 60 R Flex

taylormade.gifRBZ 3W 15* Matrix Ozik XCon-5 R Flex
taylormade.gif'11 Rescue Hybrids 3 (18*), 4 (21*) Aldila RIP 65 HB R Flex
taylormade.gifR11 5-PW KBS Steel R Flex | taylormade.gifTP XFT 52* 56* 60* KBS Steel

cameron.gif California Coronado 35" | ogio.gif Grom Black Plaid Bag |  Penta TP

I'm in a transition.

used to be:
- mizuno mx-25 PW 46°, mizuno mpr 52/07 GW, mpr 56/13 SW

now:
- mizuno mx-25 PW, 46°, mizuno mpr 52/07 GW, vokey sm 58/08 oil can with kbs tour black nickel

end result to be:
- 710cb pw 47 (or mizuno mp63/mp53 PW, to be decided when released), vokey sm 52/08 black nickel with kbs tour black nickel, vokey sm 58/08 oil can with kbs tour black nickel

3 wegdes are more then enough for me. half swing, three quarter swing and full swing with each of them gives me 9 distances. Plenty of choice for my taste. The change away from mizuno to vokey was an eyeopener. The vokey grind is so much better for me than the mpr mizuno grind. The 58/08 requires a teeny bit of extra attention in the dry deep sandy bunkers but offer soooo much more versatility around the green. I'm in love with it.

cleveland ta7 pw, 45*
titleist vokey oil can wedges 52, 56 & 60*

great wedge setup for me although i think i could drop the 56, 60 and just use a 58 or something. my gap wedge is probably one of my favorite clubs in the bag. i lay up to 100 yards when i get into trouble because there is a decent chance i can get down in 2 from there by hitting the 52* close and making a putt.

R9 Driver and 17* 4 wood
mizuno.gif MX-23 (5-PW)
CG16 52*, 58*

White Ice #7

In my bag right now are my PW (46*), a GW (52*), SW (56*), and LW (60*)... I'm considering picking up a 58* to replace the SW and LW and then adding the 4 iron back to my bag.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Callaway X-Forged PW - 47*

Cleveland CG15 56*

Callaway X-Tour - 60*

also a Cleveland CG12 52* that I usually don't carry around.

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

Right now-45* PW, 47* PW, 52* GW, 58* SW/LW

What's your stock yardage range with your 2 PWs? I remember when Beth Daniel (or was it Betsy King?) carried two 9-irons.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Note: This thread is 4995 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!