IGNORED

Tees

Note: This thread is 5122 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Lately I've been using plastic wedge tees for my driver. I've played dozens of rounds and am only on my 2nd one! They last ages.

For 3-wood and lower I use your average wooden tee, a broken one with enough length to stick in the ground is fine, and also lasts ages. I need a new tee once every 5, maybe 6 rounds.

Big Bertha 454, 10* reg
904F, 15* Dynamic Gold S300
Tour Special, 18* reg
DCI 962, 3-PW, Dynamic Gold R300
X tour wedges, 52* and 56* 8881 putter Pro V1's for the momentBlogging my "Quest for single digits" every week.

I use:

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Anyone use those "brush" tees? I like the idea of teeing up at the exact same height every time but I don't know anyone who has ever used them.

I've got a couple and use them occasionally. Not bad to use, but they are kind of gimmicky. I don't notice any difference in the flight of the ball off the tee.

I have just used whatever is cheap in the past, I am not too picky.

I used to use them......have several sizes, but always used the yellow one for my driver. consistent height and they last several months with weekly play before they begin to sag.

I switched to ZF's just because I had a couple boxes from the PGA golf show. they break in the mid 40's.

i found this one tee called

I've got a few of these too.....been using them...consistent height, don't break & don't leave a mark....

would I buy them? probably not.....used them because I got them free.

I use just plain old natural color wood tees. 3'' for driver and 2 1/4'' for irons.

What I Play:

Driver: R9 460
4 Wood: G15

Hy: Callaway FT 3Hy

Irons: AP1 4-PW

Wedges: Vokey 52* & 60*, Mizuno MP-T 10 58*

Putter: Newport Studio Select 2.7

Ball: Nike One Vapor

I just use whatever I find laying around the teebox of the golf course. Usually just normal wooden tees of standard height. I have a stash of like 500 tees from doing this. Never understood the need to actually buy tees.

Bag: Lightweight Stand Bag
Driver: G15 9º
Fairway: 909F2 15º
Hybrid: 909H 19º
Irons:  AP2 710Wedges: CG10 56º, Vokey SM 52º, 60ºPutter: Karsten Anser 34"

I agree with Chubbs. I have some wooden tees, and some plastic tees in my bag, but I'm not picky as to which one I use.

I do prefer however to tee the ball up a little higher.

Driver: :cobra: BiO Cell (10.5º)

Wood: :ping: G15 3 (15.5°)

Hybrids: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 3 (21º), 4 (24º)

Irons: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 5-PW

Wedges: :cleveland:588 RTX CB 50º, Paradise Black Chrome II Sand Wedge 56º

I like the PTS tees with the yellow stripe. Works perfectly with my driver.
909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

I generally use the 2 3/4" tee's
and for hybrids / irons just grab a broken tee.

I also have a package of 2 1/4" that I use sometimes for the driver (I tee it so the middle 1/3 of the ball is at the top of my driver) and with a 2 1/4" tee on a tightly mowed tee box I can sometimes get it to sit in and I have a smaller chance of breaking the tee.

In my bag:

some golf clubs

a few golf balls

a bag of tee's some already broken the rest soon to be

a snickers wrapper (if you have seen me play, you would know you are not going anywhere for a while)

and an empty bottle of water

Who here knows anyone with really long tees that they sharpen manually, when they break?

Driver: :cobra: BiO Cell (10.5º)

Wood: :ping: G15 3 (15.5°)

Hybrids: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 3 (21º), 4 (24º)

Irons: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 5-PW

Wedges: :cleveland:588 RTX CB 50º, Paradise Black Chrome II Sand Wedge 56º

I never use to have a preference to any sort of tee, but I go tired of breaking so many tees during play. So have switched to the zero friction 2 3/4 tee for durability purposes. Now I can go weeks with the same tee.

What's in my bag

Driver Dymo Squared Str8Fit 9.5
3 wood SZ 3 wood
Irons: 710 AP1Wedges: 52* oilcan, 56* oilcan spin milled Putter: Blue Chip OZ Ball: NXT

whatever i find on the course...lol. I havent bought tees in years. I tend to tee my driver a tad low, maybe with the top of the ball and crown of the driver on the same level. With all other clubs i tee it just high enough to give myself a perfect lie.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Epoch tees for me 3.25 inch, I like ZFs too but the get too flexible sometimes...

Same here, I also use the Epoch 1.5 inch tees for par 3's or fairways/hybrids off the tee.

I tried ZF tees before that but the ball blew off them too often in the Kansas winds. The ball also "rocked" back and forth on them a lot. The Epoch tees are more stable and last a lot longer too. The Epoch tees I played the last round were the same tees I've played three rounds with this year and probably the last 6 or 7 rounds last year. They last a long time unless you just lose one.

What's in my bag (most of the time)

Exotics 12°, Aldila VS Proto 65S
Exotics CB1 4W, 16.5°, Fujikura Stiff
3DX DC Ironwood 20°, 23°, 26º Hybrids, Proforce V2 Stiff Acer XP905 Pro 6-PW, Dynalite Gold S300Inazone CNC Spin Satin GW 50°/8°, SW 54°/14°, LW 58°/4°Boccieri...

Note: This thread is 5122 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!