IGNORED

Quail Hollow Championship

acj990
Note: This thread is 5137 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well it will be raining here all weekend so I'll be watching some great golf. Good looking leader board and there are a few guys I wouldn't mind seeing win it. Phil, AK, Cabrera and Villigas. Any one of those guys would be good.

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wish Kenny P. would have kept it together, maybe if he wins some this year he'll lower the prices at his course...

In my Nike Sport Cart Bag:
Driver: Burner SUPERFAST TP 10.5*
3 Wood Burner SUPERFAST
5 Wood SQ Dymo
Irons(4-GW) SZ Vokey Oil Can 56* 64* TP WedgePutter Oz Mallet 6Ball: ProV1x

• Administrator
Should Tiger go back to Butch then? Or someone else?

I don't have the greatest opinion of Butch "maintain the same right knee flex" Harmon, but it's a moot point because Tiger is likely still incapable of swallowing his pride like that.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I don't have the greatest opinion of Butch "maintain the same right knee flex" Harmon, but it's a moot point because Tiger is likely still incapable of swallowing his pride like that.

Absolutely correct iacas, Woods would rather swing the club half way decent with it stuck up his ass than to swallow his pride and ask Harmon for help

I am sure Tiger will arrive at Haney's Golf Camp this morning, Hank will have 730 balls all teed up in nice little rows....Tiger will be swinging and Hanky will be just muttering the same words after every backswing......." around"...." swing.......arrrrouuuunnnddddd".....

WTF ! Has Haney improved anyones game, or just runined it !!!! Barkley...Romano.......Tiger? Tiger needs to go with a younger teacher.........Matt Killean maybe?

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

Absolutely correct iacas, Woods would rather swing the club half way decent with it stuck up his ass than to swallow his pride and ask Harmon for help

Well said !!!! He might be more accurate off the tee with that swing change....probably lose too much distance though.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

Butch might not be the greatest teacher in the world, but Tiger grew up with him and under him he had the best years of any pro golfer ever. But Tiger would never do that especially now that Butch teacher Phil.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

...or maybe he's just having a bad week and it's not the fault of his coach and he'll stick it out until his life has stabilized a bit?

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

...or maybe he's just having a bad week and it's not the fault of his coach and he'll stick it out until his life has stabilized a bit?

He's had swing issues for many years now. Only reason he keeps winning is because of his pure talent, ability to scramble and excellent short game/putting. Now, it seems, it has gotten worse and he is not able to recover from his bad shots. A two-way miss is not what he is looking for. He has had the push for some time now, which is somewhat consistent, but now that he hooks it as well, he's all over the place and have no idea where a bad shot might end up.

He used to be able to hit a draw, but hasn't for some time now. He's hitting push-fades, pull-fades and pull-draws now.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Tiger really needs an unknown coach that is very good at working with ego's and the mental side of things without Tiger feeling pressured. An older guy Tiger could respect/mentor if you will. He needs a father figure to help him out. He knows how to swing a club....it's just getting him to do it. Young teacher ...no way. He would not have the respect for someone young. Who this guy could be ? I have know idea!

4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

Tiger, do yourself a favor and go to Jim Flick.

Driver: Cobra S2 9.5 Fubuki 73 Stiff | Wood: Titleist 909H 17 Aldila Voodoo Stiff | Irons: Titleist ZB 3-5, ZM 6-PW DG S300 | Wedges: Titleist Vokey SMTC 50.08, 54.11, 60.04 DG S200 | Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 33" | Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

Tiger, do yourself a favor and go to Jim Flick.

I need to google Jim Flick. I've heard his name but know nothing about him. Whats he all about MrKadash?

4 wood..... Nickent 4DX

He's had swing issues for many years now. Only reason he keeps winning is because of his pure talent, ability to scramble and excellent short game/putting. Now, it seems, it has gotten worse and he is not able to recover from his bad shots. A two-way miss is not what he is looking for. He has had the push for some time now, which is somewhat consistent, but now that he hooks it as well, he's all over the place and have no idea where a bad shot might end up.

Maybe, but I'd say given his current personal circumstances and his only having been played in a couple tournaments in a very long time, it's not the right time to make a big change like that. Even last year was an extremely atypical year---coming back from the surgery and all that. I mean, he had a rough week this week, but he kicked serious ass in the Masters by any standard other than that of the best golfer in history[*]. I don't know much about Haney or any other coach, but changing something like that needs to be a carefully considered decision, not a reaction to frustration.

[*] obviously he didn't beat the field, but c'mon, how many guys are out there who'd be disappointed to finish in the top few any given week, let alone a major?

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

Nice third round by Rory McIlroy today.

6 under, 66 total
9 birdies
3 bogies

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Nice third round by Rory McIlroy today.

finally starting to show over there what he has been doing over here in Europe for a while, the guy is super talented!

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

Note: This thread is 5137 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!