IGNORED

Best brand in golf

kevinbomb123
Note: This thread is 5109 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I like your avatar

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Titleist and Ping are the most recognizeable to the public.....people that play only one round a year recognize those names with golf....

Among true golfers, I'd say almost any brand is the best depending on what that person plays In relation to perception, maybe Mizuno for irons, Taylormade for drivers, Cleveland for wedges, and Ping for putters....

I'm becoming VERY partial to Callaway stuff. If I had it to do over again... I wouldn't have chosen the Slingshot irons over the X-Series back in 2005. My next set WILL be from Callaway. But, to be honest, I don't think I'll be trading in my Cleveland HiBORE XLS driver any time soon.

CY

Career Bests
- 18 Holes - 72 (+1) - Par 71 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022
- 9 Holes - 36 (E) - Par 36 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Wilson Staff
Driver: Spine Driver 9*
Driver: Launcher 10.5*
Fairway: Spine 3 & 5 Wood
Irons: Di5 1, 3 Irons
Irons: Di9 5, 7, 9, GW IronsSand Wedge: DFy SWLob Wedge: Sandy Andy 64*Putter: 8882Bag: Mickelson's Birdies for the Brave

Wilson Staff

I think Wilson Staff are under appreciated. They make good stuff. I really wanna try their new Shockwave Driver. I LOVE MY PUTTER

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Titleist.................................
In the bag:
905R 9.5° - UST ProForce V2 65R
909F2 15.5° Titleist Diamana 75
909H 19° Titleist Diamana 80
Zing 2 3-PW Vokey SM48.08 @ 51° Vokey SM56.11 Unitized Leo

Adams for hybrids

|Callaway X460 draw-biased Driver|Taylormade Burner 3W|Adams Golf Idea A7 19° Hybrid|Adams Golf Idea Pro Gold 23° hybrid|King Cobra Baffler 29° hybrid|Taylormade Burner 6i|Adams Idea Tech A4OS 7i|Mizuno MP32 8i|Pro Select Blaze II 9i|Callaway Golf Forged Chrome 48° PW|Oncourse Target Series...

in this thread, someones extreme least favorite is gonna be someones absolute favorite.. pure opinion.

Exactly.

I love my 25 year old Powerbilt irons and my Walter Hagen driver. Nike is laughable, though.

Well, Nike has everything. Titleist too (if you count FJ SC an BV as a part of titleist). Other than that, you cannot say which one is best. For me, since I've played with titleist clubs all my life, it is Titleist, but for another guy it could be Mizuno, Ping or even callaway

In my bag:

Titleist 905 Aldila VS Proto| TaylorMade r9 stiff shaft| Titleist 906F Aldila NV 75-S Fairway| Titleist ZM S300 (3-PW) |Titleist 54º SM TT Wedge Flex| Titleist 60º SM TT Wedge Flex| Scotty Cameron Newport 2

09 Goals- Handicap to 2 (I'm crazy I know)- Win 10 tournaments (dune)- Win...

I like Nike shirts......

In the Sasquatch Bag:

Driver: R9 460cc 9.5°
Hybrids: Big Bertha Diablo 21° 24°Wedges: SV Tour 52° 56° 60°Irons: Power Max TRX Ion Control 5-PWPutter: tm100 Tour PreferredBall: e6

I don' think its too far fetched to list out some brands that have been very consistent as far as quality and technologically advancing products go. There's definitely not a single best since each person has their own opinion on things. At the end of the day its all personal preference but to categorize things...

Titleist has produced some of the overall best products all around for many years and years. From their irons, drivers, woods, to their sister brands, they've definitely held a big fort as far as product quality goes. Their products all around arent the easiest or most forgiving but quality they are.

Mizuno irons have been spot on some of the best irons ever produced. I give props to Mizuno for gaining such popularity by great products, not just great marketing.

Callaway and Ping are two brands that I find to be consistent as far as producing forgiving and easy to use irons. Of course there are different products, irons, drivers, etc but I'd say arguable they've produced high quality products that are forgiving and easier to use for the general public.

Taylormade is a brand that I haven't been TOO fond of. Their marketing initiative is one thing but whenever I demo out their products, there is something missing for me and I almost always end up going with a different brand. Technologically, I feel liek Taylormade has made some strides in producing products that are always advancing, even in minimal steps.

Adams is a brand that I used to adore. Their tight lies woods were some of my favorites years ago. I'm not completely familiar with their products anymore but I feel like they've definitely stepped it up from being the affordable, generally not the best products - to producing some great quality products that are still affordable. Props to them for that.

Cleveland - my go to wedge brand. Arguable one of the best wedge producers out there, consistent throughout the years. Not the most popular for everything else but still produces well made products, but their spotlight goes to their wedges.

Odyssey - any other brand carry as big of a putter presence as Odyssey? Ping...NC...ScottyC...all great putters but as far as affordability and quality and variation goes, Odyssey putters gets my thumbs up.

Of course this assessment is still my own opinion but I would assess each brand as such from what I've known prior.

DST Tour 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard
909F3 15* 3 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
909F3 18* 5 FW stock Aldila Voodoo
'09 X-Forged 3-PW Project-X 6.0 Flighted
CG15 56* X-Tour 60* Abaco

> > >

But they are all good in different aspects. They each have strengths and weaknesses.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Best Brand ?

i would choose the best clubs that can help me to lower my score.
What I Play:
913D3 9.5°Diamana Kai'li 70 Stiff  "C3" | 910F 15°, Diamana Kai'li 80 Stiff "D2" | 910H 19°,  Diamana Kai'li for Titleist 85 Hybrid Stiff | Titleist 714 AP2 4 to P Aerotech Steelfiber i110 S | SM4 Vokey 50.12, 54.14 & SM5 60.11K| 34" Edel Umpqua + 40g Counter Weight

If we were really being sticklers here, we'd differentiate between best brand and best products. Believe everyone (me included) has leaned toward picking the companies which make (in their eyes) the best products. Not to get all marketing-speak on ya, but a company can produce crummy products and still be a great brand.

I'm looking at you, Budweiser.

Cheers (but not with a Bud),
DoctorK

Competitive golf is played mainly on a five-and-a-half-inch course... the space between your ears.
~~Bobby Jones~~

Note: This thread is 5109 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!