IGNORED

What will Tiger's legacy be?

muggs
Note: This thread is 3957 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What will be Tiger's legacy?

• Greatest the game has ever seen?
    • Oh, what could have been?

If you look at roids in baseball, it helped MANY avoid, mask or quickly recover from injury. Its the ones who didn't do roids who got the injury shaft.

Well, that's partially true. Roids guys tend to have fairly injury free careers in their prime, but they break down much much quicker and much worse.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

IMO, it will be, "Oh, what could have been". Since his knee surgery, Tiger hasnt been the same player and now this recent problems with his adulteries and only going to compound his problems. I think the days of Tiger dominating are over. Im sure he will still win every now and then, but I dont think we will see him get another grand slam or surpass Jack.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Well, that's partially true. Roids guys tend to have fairly injury free careers in their prime, but they break down much much quicker and much worse.

As a former drafted baseball player and DIV 1 NCAA pitcher myself, I can guarantee you that the guys who did roids avoided injury or better said, masked injury. I saw it first hand and was a victum of injury myself (rotator cuff). If I had gone down the roid route (which I am 100% against), I would not be here talking about golf. And in the pros, there is no denying Barry bonds extended his prime to hit 762 homeruns into his 40's vs. Ken Griffey (apparant NON user of roids) who was plagued with injuries.

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

I am actually sort of a Tiger fan...I am always impressed by the way he wins. I'm just saying he looked like a body builder a short few years back. On 620 WDAE in Tampa Dan Sciellio (sp?) made a good case of Tigers weak ligiments giving way after PED "treatment". Dan as a former UM football standout and a Pro Football player admitted to doing roids, and knew plenty of players who did them.....he stated that these types of injuries are consistent (due to his knowledge) of a guy stopping roids....ligiment damage is a sure sign.

I think if Tiger would have remained a in shape "geek" he would have 18 majors by now. He got full of himself (as he admits) and went nuts. I am all about second chances and hoping for a better Tiger Woods, time will tell.

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

Tiger is the man, and will continue to be the man. I bet he wins one real soon.
S9-1 Offset 10.5*
S2 3-W
S9-1 5-W
CPR Rescue 3 Hybrid
AP1 IronsVokey Wedges 56* and 60* Ghost Putter                                                                     Low Score l 71, Par 72 Tiffany Greens (6 Birdies/5 Bogeys)

Too soon to say . . . All of the books on it haven't been written yet but, here's the latest offering

"Unplayable: An Inside Account of Tiger's Most Tumultuous Season."

Amazon has it . Two people have already reviewed it.

I think I will wait for the movie version . . .

IN MY BAG:

DRIVER: TaylorMade Stealth 2 Plus 9* Fujikura Ventus 65G S shaft
3 WOOD: TaylorMade SIM2 Titanium 3-wood 15* Mitsubishi TENSEI AV Blue 75 S shaft
UTILITY: TaylorMade Stealth 19* 3 Hybrid Aerotech Steelfiber i95 S shaft
IRONS: TaylorMade P760 3-PW;/TTDyn Gold 120 S-300
WEDGES: Clay Long Personal Edition SW 54* TTDyn Gold Tour Issue S400 shaft
WEDGES: Clay Long Personal Edition SW 58* TTDyn Gold X100 8i shaft
PUTTER: PING BeNi Scottsdale Anser or Ping BeNi Anser 4 34.5"
BALL: Bridgestone Tour B RXS

Ask me again in 15 years...

Personally, I say Tiger has already established himself as the greatest ever. Nicklaus' 18 majors is just a number, signifying a longer period of greatness than Tiger can currently claim. But if TW never wins another major it will clearly be a result of injuries and personal issues, not shortcomings as a golfer, that caused him to fall shy of Jack's mark.

Tiger's achievements to date - including double-digit wins at the Masters and US Open -- surpass Jack's at the same period in their careers. And it's not like TW's only been around for a couple of years.

Tiger at his best was better than Jack at his best, primarily because TW's short game was MILES superior. And why is this argument based around one number only - 18? The other events count, too, and TW has already won almost as many total tourneys as Jack - not to mention one more US Amateur and three US Junior Ams.

Anyway, I realize there's an entire thread devoted to Tiger vs. Jack arguments. But hey, I've already posted there.

Cheers,
DoctorK

Competitive golf is played mainly on a five-and-a-half-inch course... the space between your ears.
~~Bobby Jones~~

Right about now, his legacy is a has-been who blew his career because he couldn't keep his zipper up.

I don't recall him retiring from golf yet.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Tiger is in shambles right now, mentally and physically. Is it possible for him to overcome these hurdles and come back with a vengeance? Yes, but it's going to take some hardwork and dedication, qualities Tiger has exuded in the past.

In the Cleveland bag:
Cleveland Launcher Comp 460 9.5°, Aldila NV 65g S
Cleveland Launcher Steel Fairway 15°, Fujikura Gold 65g R
Cleveland Launcher Hybrid 20.5°, Fujikura Fit-On Gold 65g S
Mizuno MP-60 3-PW, Royal Precision Rifle 6.0 S ...

• 3 years later...
(THIS THREAD HAS BEEN BUMPED DUE TO THE ORIGINAL POSTER'S ABILITY TO SEE THE WRITING ON THE WALL)

In my Callaway stand bag:

9.5 Degree Taylormade Burner Superfast Adilla Voodoo shaft
3 Wood: Cleveland Launcher 15 degree Adilla Voodoo shaft
Irons 3-SW: Callaway X-14 Steelhead

Lob wedge: Cleveland 60 degree

Putter: Ping Anser Karsten

I was away most weekend, and watch the first 3 days in bars with no sound. Last day Tiger had finished by the time I got home. What was the deal with his elbow? Something serious or just a twinge? Not heard anything on the matter at all, which is surprising as its Tiger!

Seemed to be the same thing that's wrong with Dwayne Wade's knee. It's a rare issue doctor's are calling OnlyHurtsWhenThey'rePlayingBaditus. Tiger's symptoms have been more frequent the last couple years.

Originally Posted by muggs

Seeing how the past year has been for him, do you think we've seen the end of his dominance, or do you think he's talented and determined enough to overcome this adversity and be the true #1 again?

Originally Posted by muggs

(THIS THREAD HAS BEEN BUMPED DUE TO THE ORIGINAL POSTER'S ABILITY TO SEE THE WRITING ON THE WALL)

Seems like the OP asked a question, I am having trouble seeing the writing on the wall part.

I just voted for greatest ever...it may still be debatable to some, but he will always be mentioned in the G.O.A.T. discussions and would never be considered a what could have been sort of guy.

Nobody was asking this question in May of 2010, cheech, 'cept me. Hence the writing on the wall. I saw this coming, the lemmings still don't.

Note: This thread is 3957 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!