IGNORED

Clones broke!!

Note: This thread is 4957 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I did say the rip-off pings are a sack of S**t and that Scotty Cameron putters are a superior product to anything that comes out of Dynacraft's womb.

Total BS. My Dynacraft putter was purchased used for $3 becuase the person who had it had no idea what it was, and thought it was worthless. It's every bit as good as any Scotty Cameron putter. Scotty Cameron putters are the exact same as any other OEM putter, and the idea they're much higher end is absolutely bogus.

Besides, I can make more putts with my Lynx any day of the week. Give me a croquet mallet, and I'll still putt the same. A putter is a putter. Owning a Scotty won't make you putt like Tiger Woods.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A very interesting thread...
Do you really believe the manufacturers of the "clone" or knock off clubs use the same materials and manufacturing procces's as the OEM, do you really think they will have the same quality control over the product- have xray facilities to check each weld on a titanium headed driver or microscopic analysis of the steel used in their cast 5 iron- you reckon "pong" do that- come on!!!- these process's are done to produce a quality product, which in turn have a price- the clones do not - resulting in a cheaper price.
I respect anyone's decision to use them and probably have good results with them, but to infer they are the same quality is clearly incorrect and to use the OEM reputation to sell a product is dishonest!!!
Shanks- your Dynacraft putter may well be awesome and obviously works for you, unless it is milled from one piece carbon steel or stainless steel, it's not the same as a Scotty Cameron or many other OEMs who manufacture their putters this way. One piece milling is complex and time comsuming(I should know I am a putter maker). Cast putters and cast that are skim milled are less so, resulting in a lower price.
The putter is the most individual club in the bag- what feels good to one- might not feel good to another- so to you the Dynacraft is as good as a Scotty, but to others it is not.......

Kari

Shanks- your Dynacraft putter may well be awesome and obviously works for you, unless it is milled from one piece carbon steel or stainless steel, it's not the same as a Scotty Cameron or many other OEMs who manufacture their putters this way. One piece milling is complex and time comsuming(I should know I am a putter maker). Cast putters and cast that are skim milled are less so, resulting in a lower price.

Thanks! After Shanks reply, I didn't even want to get into what makes a putter like a SC different from the perspective of materials, manufacturing, machining time and the like. It would be an obvious waste of time.

In the Bag: TaylorMade R11 TP - TaylorMade R7 TP TS - Cleveland Halo - TM TP 2009 3-PW - Vokey SM 52 - Vokey SM 60 - Rife Barbados CS - ProV1x 

On the Computer:  Analyzr Pro 

I have nothing constructive, insightful, or discerning to add to this thread other then the majority of if is an absolute train wreck. It's kind of like watching my kids argue over pizza toppings. At least it is semi-entertaining….carry on.

BTW….name calling on an internet forum, weak.

Callaway X-Hot Tour GD Tour AD DI-7 Sonartec SS-3.5 16* FTP-X Adams Idea Super S 19* Matrix Kujoh
Bridgestone J33B DG X100 Mizuno MP 53*6 Mizuno MP 56*10 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported
Mizuno MP 60*6 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported Odyssey White Hot Tour #5 Callaway Tourix

GHIN: 10436305

Holy crap!!! I know I started this, but I can't even take the time to read all the posts!!

LIVING A DREAM
BOWLING GREEN STATE UNIVERSITY #56

Holy crap!!! I know I started this, but I can't even take the time to read all the posts!!

Just take a gander at all the cool pictures

Total BS. My Dynacraft putter was purchased used for $3 becuase the person who had it had no idea what it was, and thought it was worthless. It's every bit as good as any Scotty Cameron putter. Scotty Cameron putters are the exact same as any other OEM putter, and the idea they're much higher end is absolutely bogus.

So, it could be said that a quality used OEM putter is as good, if not better in the hands of someone who know what they're doing, than an over-priced high end OEM putter? What would that say about a knock off of the overpriced high end putter?

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

So, it could be said that a quality used OEM putter is as good, if not better in the hands of someone who know what they're doing, than an over-priced high end OEM putter? What would that say about a knock off of the overpriced high end putter?

Check mate.

In the Bag: TaylorMade R11 TP - TaylorMade R7 TP TS - Cleveland Halo - TM TP 2009 3-PW - Vokey SM 52 - Vokey SM 60 - Rife Barbados CS - ProV1x 

On the Computer:  Analyzr Pro 

this thread is full of win.

Is that internet speak? Should we be offended or something?

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Shooting low 90's now.... I'll be there by the end of the summer. Practice is key.... I bet Phil or Tiger could use my irons and still shoot under par. So the clubs aren't the issue buddy.

On a silly note, I'd

love to see Phil go under par with your irons. Under par, playing cack-handed. I know he's talented but come on? :) This thread is good for a chuckle. The assumption that if clubs come from an OEM that they must, a priori , be wonderful is, quite frankly cobblers. So much OEM stuff is made in China (Ping excepted?) that it's laughable. While I'm sure many Chinese production lines are as good as anything in the West I'm not sure they all are and if the workers making them are paid peanuts, well, I'm not sure that's a driver for high quality. That's also leaving aside that you actually trust the OEMs not to, basically, spin you a yarn about how great their stuff is. As several have said, there are few truly innovative designs out there and the OEMs just clone each other's stuff. There also seems to be a willful(?) ignoring of the fact that no-one here (as far as I can see) is trying to bat for the proper fakes. Clones are a different kettle of fish. I can't see the problem; if you actually think a Pong P10G (or whatever) is a Ping G10....more fool you. The worst you could say for the cloners is they're being lazy; hardly a crime. If there are patent infringements then that's another issue but it's hardly something the OEMs are above board with now is it? Can I hear you say ProV1? As an aside, how many buy generic drugs as soon as they're available? Feel guilty? Don't mind paying money to someone who's "taking a ride on another's goodwill"?

Home Course: Wollaton Park GC, Nottingham, U.K.

Ping G400, 9°, Alta CB 55S | Ping G400, 14°, Alta CB 65S | Adams Pro Dhy 18°, 21°, 24°, KBS Hybrid S | Ping S55 5-PW, TT DGS300 | Vokey 252-08, DGS200 | Vokey 256-10 (bent to 58°), DGS200 | Ping Sigma G Anser, 34" | Vice Pro Plus

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I gotta say, as long as there's official branding on the clone, it's fine. Counterfeit is one thing, but clones are quite another. While the GigaGolf clubs are clearly made to look similar to various major manufacturer clubs, they're not attempting to deceive the buyer. No one reasonable would think they were buying a Callaway or TaylorMade and end up with the clone instead. Some people are interested in appearances on the course, and might want to have clubs that, from a distance, look like big name clubs. There's no trademark or goodwill problem with filling that niche, imo.

Personally, I'd buy older used clubs as has been suggested here, since I believe that the quality control is better since most of the big guys are interested in maintaining their reputation. I think it's silly to opt for a clone instead, but I don't have any problem with people who feel differently. I certainly don't see there as being an ethical issue.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

Just for kicks, these are the clubs "clones" that are being referred to.

Nobody would ever mistake that for a genuine P10G.

Nobody would ever mistake that for a genuine P10G.

I wanted to stay neutral on the whole "clone" debate, however after looking at this website:

http://www.diamondtour.com/Golf-Comp...20.html?page=1

Two obvious Callaway "rip-offs", two obvious Nike "rip-offs" an obvious Ping "rip-off" and an obvious Taylor Made "rip-off" (The Turner T9). What an f***ing joke. Like I said, wanted to stay neutral, but I can't.

Driver:  the search continues
Fairway Wood:  Ping G25 3W Tour stiff
Hybrid:  Snake Eyes Q4U 19*, 23*
Irons:  Ping G25 5-UW w/CFS X-flex  (on order)
Wedges:  685BX black 56*      Putter:  Wilson Staff 8882 

Note: This thread is 4957 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!