IGNORED

Shot a 93.....seriously?

Kieran123
Note: This thread is 5058 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So played yesterday at a course called canal at delecour. Course rating of 72.3 and slope of 135, 6600 yards from blue tees. First hole I tripled....ended up with 45 on the front with one birdie. The back nine was going good after 6 sitting at 3 over with one birdie. Then I collapsed. Ended with triple, quad, bogey. Ended with a 48. So 93. I seriously struggled with my irons, mainly my 70-100 yard shots. Driver was great, had 32 putts. But I couldn't believe it.

Anyone else have these kinda days?

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

So played yesterday at a course called canal at delecour. Course rating of 72.3 and slope of 135, 6600 yards from blue tees. First hole I tripled....ended up with 45 on the front with one birdie. The back nine was going good after 6 sitting at 3 over with one birdie. Then I collapsed. Ended with triple, quad, bogey. Ended with a 48. So 93. I seriously struggled with my irons, mainly my 70-100 yard shots. Driver was great, had 32 putts. But I couldn't believe it.

well your handicap is now 21 please change it or the admin will.

Of course. It happens to us all. Last year in high school, I shot 39, 42, and 41 in matches leading up to a tournament at my home course. I shot a 96 from the whites (6000 yards), and I usually play the blues (6600) or the tips (7100). I played well leading into it, had an advantage since I knew the course, but just had a terrible day. It happens, and while certain aspects like wedge shots for example may be an issue you should be concerned with, it's probably just a mistake that you shot a 93 and it's a day that everything just went wrong. Practice then play the next chance you can, and good luck!

You're not serious, right?

In my Ogio Ozone Bag:
TM Superquad 9.5* UST Proforce 77g Stiff
15* Sonartec SS-2.5 (Pershing stiff)
19* TM Burner (stock stiff)
4-U - PING i10 White dot, +1.25 inches, ZZ65 stiff shafts55*/11* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)60*/12* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)Ping i10 1/2 MoonTitleist ProV1

a 93 is better then 99% of all golfers shoot!

Really? Cause I've been shooting in the mid 90's only after three months of golf. I think 60% would be more accurate...

Wow. Just wow.

"I play in the low 80's. If it is an hotter than that, I don't play"

Joe E. Lewis

A few months ago I followed up 18 hole rounds of 79 and 77 with a 9 hole round of 49. Just felt like everything went wrong at once. I hit the range a few times over the next couple weeks and within a few rounds I was back to normal. I think my problem was leaving too much weight on my right side-but I had no idea what was going wrong while it was happening, and there are few things that are as completely frustrating.

Really? Cause I've been shooting in the mid 90's only after three months of golf. I think 60% would be more accurate...

No I think 90% is about right, very few golfer can break 100 by the rules of of golf

Driver R7 Superquad NV 55 shaft or Bridgestone J33 460 NV 75 shaft
3 and 5 Wood X
Hybrid original Fli Hi 21* or FT 22*
Irons AP2
Wedges Vokey 52* - 8 , 56* 14, 60*-7Putter California CoranodoBall TP RedGPS NeoRange Finder- Bushnell Tour V2 When Chuck Norris puts spin on the ball, the ball does not...

isnt teh average of most courses like 120?

My Clubs:
Ping I3 + blade 3-pw
9.5 09 Burner with prolaunch red
Nickent 4dx driver
Taylormade Z tp 52, 56, 60
YES Carolyne putter

Boy, I think everyone who plays golf has been there.
I remember this year shooting 78 one day and following it up with 96 a week later. I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong. It seemed like everything was going wrong.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yeah I guess every golfer has at least one of those rounds.

It was unbelievably frustrating though. I am going to hit the range a lot this week.

I played 4 days in a row this weekend. I was all over the spectrum. Shot 88, 83, 77, 87. What a weekend.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I love that course. It's typically fair, but there a couple holes where experience helps. The first hole will bite you! Typically I'd err on the side of caution there - hit less club off the tee - but there are a couple holes where you have no choice but to play agressive - you gotta have the thinking cap on out there. I had 15 good holes out there last fall - and three triples. I replayed those 3 holes a few times - next time out I'll probably par them and triple three others - what a game!?!

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I love that course. It's typically fair, but there a couple holes where experience helps. The first hole will bite you! Typically I'd err on the side of caution there - hit less club off the tee - but there are a couple holes where you have no choice but to play agressive - you gotta have the thinking cap on out there. I had 15 good holes out there last fall - and three triples. I replayed those 3 holes a few times - next time out I'll probably par them and triple three others - what a game!?!

It is a great course. The rough is unbelievably hard to hit out of. It's sticky as tar, and about 6 inches long right off the fairway. You're right on the first hole. I teed off with my 4 hybrid, but hit it left into the rough, buried about 4 inches there is no way I could get to the ball, so I couldn't get any power on it, so played it back into the fairway, then hit my next into the bunker. Got out JUST, then 3 putted LOL.

the greens were extremely fast, probably the fastest I have ever played on.....and the greens are very hilly.

I've had some horrid rounds this year. I've shot in the 90s twice. It doesn't feel good when you know you can shoot with ease 81 or 82.

I just say it was a round to help work on my attitude. I've really learned how to enjoy bad golf this year and that is much different than 2 years ago. I just make jokes about it, saying I have perfected the double bogey, or hit the cycle, bogie, double, triple, quad all in nine holes. WTF am I doing?

Brian

Yeah I think its vital to take it as it is and just laugh. Of course it is frustrating, but it's funny too. I laughed every time I found my ball in the rough, buried.

i am just glad it didn't change my handicap. I stayed in single digits.

Yeah I guess every golfer has at least one of those rounds.

Rounds? Hell I've had that kind of thing happen from the front 9 to the back 9! :)

I think my "record" ridiculous score was on vacation once, when I shot 52 on the front and 39 on the back. I've also done the 47-37 thing more than once.

WHAT'S IN MY BAG

Driver: TaylorMade RBZ 9.5 degree; 3-Wood: TaylorMade RBZ 15 degree; Hybrids: TaylorMade RBZ 19 degree; Irons: Titleist AP1; Wedges: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54/60; Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select Fastback; Ball: Callaway Hex Chrome+  Grips:  PURE Pro

Note: This thread is 5058 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!