IGNORED

Who has shot under par?

kpaulhus
Note: This thread is 2913 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

65... 7 under is my lowest round to date. I was a +2 at the time... it was a fun day.

The first time I shot under par I was playing with my Dad, and I shot a 2 under 69. It was the first time I shot under par and the first time I broke 70 for the first time

Cheers, Allan

In my Ping Hoofer II bag: Titleist 975J | Callaway Big Bertha 3 Wood S2H2 | Mizuno Fli-Hi 18˚ Hybrid | Mizuno MP-33 3-PW | Cleveland Tour Action 900 54/60 | Ping Anser II BeCu | Titleist ProV1

My Playground: Northview G&CC

65... 7 under is my lowest round to date. I was a +2 at the time... it was a fun day.

what was the course record?

you must have been pretty close!

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

what was the course record?

62 or 63... they had hosted Canadian Tour events in the past

but I have played with a guy who shot 63 when we were playing and broke the course record by a shot... it was fun to watch

Cheers, Allan

In my Ping Hoofer II bag: Titleist 975J | Callaway Big Bertha 3 Wood S2H2 | Mizuno Fli-Hi 18˚ Hybrid | Mizuno MP-33 3-PW | Cleveland Tour Action 900 54/60 | Ping Anser II BeCu | Titleist ProV1

My Playground: Northview G&CC

I have not played well this year. Struggling with my putting and iron shots. But for some reason, I put it all together one day last week and shot my best round ever. A 4 under 68. Prior to that, my best round was was 69 and I shot that 2 times. But those are the only 3 rounds in the 60's and I have been playing golf for 40 years. I have shot 1 or 2 under a few times. I usually stay in the 74-78 range.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

Did it for nine, finished one over playing to a 5...had a friend shoot 67 with seven birdies and one double (first time playing my home course and I told him where to hit it and he bangs it right there through the fairway into a lake...I had never seen anyone hit it that far so I cost him 2 strokes). He went on to play the Canadian Tour later that year and had a few PGA events. He played a different game at a +4.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Several times, the best one was a -4.

Cheers!

Driver: 905R 9.5° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Fairway: 906F2 15° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Hybrid: 585.H 21° (S300) | Irons: AP2 4-PW (Project X 6.0) | Wedges: Vokey Design 52.08, 56.11 & 60.11  | Putter: Studio Select Newport 2 

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

I shot a 68 today at quail brook golf course in new jersey but I'm not going to lie it wasn't the hardest course. I think I've had 4 or 5 rounds under par in the last 2 seasons most at my club and another one at hershey country club.
Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

Many times as a teenager when I was a 2.5 index. My lowest was -6, but admittedly it was on an executive course.

In competition I never shot under par for 18 holes. Several times I was -1 or -2 for 9 holes in high school matches.

i was -1 through 9 a couple of weeks ago, then that turned into me shooting 79 (par 70) with a horror show on the back, still decent for me but it will be a long time before i can shoot under par through 18

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

Shot a two under 71 at Potomac Ridge in Waldorf MD (my home course at the time). I played the Hollow and Ridge nines from the tips for a par of 73, a rating/slope of 70.7/133, and about 6750 yards. I birdied the par 5 16th, parred the par 3 17th from the trees (after a godawful tee shot), and birdied the par 4 18th after probably the best 7 iron I've ever hit (to about 6 inches) to get under par. My cap was about 5.5 at the time if I remember correctly.

-C

ITB:
905R Proforce V2
SS03 Fujikura Tour Platform
MD 21 Irod
MD 25 Fujikura Tour PlatformKZG Forged Blades 5-PW Rifle 5.5 Vokey SM 54/08, 60/04 Rifle Spinner Kombi 35"

I have started out under par early in a round several times in my life, but it never lasted past the fourth hole.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 3 weeks later...
I figure I'll revive this thread because I just joined the club yesterday. 71 (1 under) at my home course, felt so great :)
S9-1 Offset 10.5*
S2 3-W
S9-1 5-W
CPR Rescue 3 Hybrid
AP1 IronsVokey Wedges 56* and 60* Ghost Putter                                                                     Low Score l 71, Par 72 Tiffany Greens (6 Birdies/5 Bogeys)

was -3 after 8 for the first time in my life 2 days ago
finsihed the fron at -2 (33) and +2 (38) for a final score of even par
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

I have shot under par more times than I can count. One time in college I had a 4' putt for birdie to shoot 29 on the front side and I left it 4" short. Ended up shooting 66 that day because I dwelled on that for the first few holes on the back side.

The thing is just like anything else. If you practice sound fundamentals when actually practicing, it will transfer to the course. The problem with going deep is that your mind wants to sabotage your body. If you have practiced right and the ample amount, then when the pressure gets on you will allow your body to control your mind.

My best advice is to practice where you are loosing strokes. If you hit a large percentage of fairways and are not transferring that to a major portion of GIR's, then you know what you need to practice. Identify your weaknesses and you will get better if you practice those. Hope this helps.

Happy Gilmore was a Hack!

Just shot 71 on a par 72. I was playing a very boring round today all pars through 17 and then on the 18th hole i made a 20 footer for birdie. My 2nd sub par this year.

Irons X-22 Tour irons 3-PW
Driver Superfast TP
Fairway Wood Burner 3W
wedge 50 degree
wedge GS-15 56 DegreeWedge 62 degreePutter ZebraBall TP LDP Red B330 tour

Just shot 71 on a par 72. I was playing a very boring round today all pars through 17 and then on the 18th hole i made a 20 footer for birdie. My 2nd sub par this year.

boy do i wish that i could do that, the only way i make a score is by making birdies mixed with bogies, it must be very satisfying to be able to have a round as consistant as that

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

Note: This thread is 2913 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!