IGNORED

Too HOT!!

alomar123
Note: This thread is 5045 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

only a fool puts their bodies through undue stress in the dead of summer. Have fun walking and when that heat stroke hits you, just pray that someone comes driving by in a cart.

I like walking in the dead of summer. It's not foolish at all. It burns more calories, more of a workout, and I find it helps my golf game. I warm up faster, and my muscles stay looser.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I walk 98% of the time, but with a predicted heat index of 110 tomorrow, i think ill be riding.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

I like walking in the dead of summer. It's not foolish at all. It burns more calories, more of a workout, and I find it helps my golf game. I warm up faster, and my muscles stay looser.

Perhaps I'm different but I spend my days working outside and so I avoid the heat any chance I get.

For a lot of people..walking in extreme heat(yes, 95 degree is extreme for the U.S.) is not a safe thing to do. Maybe I shouldn't have used foolish but outside of teenagers, I don't know a lot of people who would be able to do it. As for warming up faster and all that, true..but you also lead to cramping faster, as well. You'll lose a lot more in sweat than you'll take in with water and gatorade

My philosophy on golf "We're not doing rocket science, here."

Riding is nice? Cart Golf is an amusement ride. It is not true Golf. Walking golf is an athletic approach to golf. You manage your heart rhythm as you play the game. A steady playing rhythm helps your golf game and can lower your scores. You get exercise. You walk straight to your ball rather than the distraction of grabbing clubs from the cart, walking to your ball only to discover that the clubs you grabbed were the wrong ones for the shot. This slows down your pace of play, and you lose concentration on shot preparation. If it is hot, hydrate during the round. If there is a medical concern, then take the cart as last resort. Golf can't truly be experienced from a cart. You lose the aesthetic appreciation of walking the golf course. Regarding social interaction, walking is much better than riding. When riding, you start a conversation, and then you scatter away from the cart because of ball location at different angles. When walking, you have a chance to get in more conversation as you leave the tee box and progress down the fairway. Riding is not nice, it is noise and visual pollution on a golf course.

A bit full of yourself today.

He/she/it is full of something, but it ain't themself.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

God damn I hate when you guys saying you cant play because its too hot!! Its pissing rain here in the middle of july!!!!...........just to put things in perpective for you............

God damn I hate when you guys saying you cant play because its too hot!! Its pissing rain here in the middle of july!!!!...........just to put things in perpective for you............

"Thou shalt not take the Lord thy God's name in vain!"

We could use some rain here, might add to the humidity and get the heat index above the 107* it is now. Have fun in the rain bruva man!

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

I play every Saturday morning around 6am in the Palm Springs area. This weekend is supposed to be between 112F-115F.

The good news is that we generally have low humidity. I'll take 110-115F with 10-15% humidity over 95F and high humidity any day! The 110F+ feels like a blast furnace but it doesn't sap your energy the way extreme humidity does.

Hydrate often, find shade when you can, and wear appropriate clothing. I wont play unless I tee off before 7am or after 4pm during the summer. I'm a Desert Rat but I won't even go outside if its over 110F with high humidity (this happens occassionally in August).

Cleveland Classic XL 10.5 Rombax 6X07
Titleist 904F Aldila NV
Nickent 3DX hybrid

MX-25 irons & MP-R wedges

Odyssey #5

Leopold GX1/Skycaddie SG5

Sun Mountain Hybrid Bag

Yeah its been a rainy season here. That and the weather man lies!!!

OHIO

In my Revolver Bag
R9 460, RIP
R9 TP 3 Wood, Diamana 'ilima 70*Idea Pro Black 20*Titleist AP1 712 4-AW Spin Milled Black Nickel 56.08 & 60.10

Riding is nice? Cart Golf is an amusement ride. It is not true Golf. Walking golf is an athletic approach to golf. You manage your heart rhythm as you play the game. A steady playing rhythm helps your golf game and can lower your scores. You get exercise. You walk straight to your ball rather than the distraction of grabbing clubs from the cart, walking to your ball only to discover that the clubs you grabbed were the wrong ones for the shot. This slows down your pace of play, and you lose concentration on shot preparation. If it is hot, hydrate during the round. If there is a medical concern, then take the cart as last resort. Golf can't truly be experienced from a cart. You lose the aesthetic appreciation of walking the golf course. Regarding social interaction, walking is much better than riding. When riding, you start a conversation, and then you scatter away from the cart because of ball location at different angles. When walking, you have a chance to get in more conversation as you leave the tee box and progress down the fairway. Riding is not nice, it is noise and visual pollution on a golf course.

I'll walk when I can through June as long if it is early am or late in the day. NOBODY walks in July or August out here.

Cleveland Classic XL 10.5 Rombax 6X07
Titleist 904F Aldila NV
Nickent 3DX hybrid

MX-25 irons & MP-R wedges

Odyssey #5

Leopold GX1/Skycaddie SG5

Sun Mountain Hybrid Bag

We haven't had rain here in months! (Though as I type this it's pouring outside.) My grass is as brown and dead as possible.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Its been pretty hot lately here in southern il, really notice it at the range, after just a few minutes im sweating so much that i cant see what im doing, have trouble gripping the club even with gloves on(which i hate wearing but have to because of moisture). Was off last week, played 18 with a cart one day, it was prob about 95 with heat index about 110, at least the course had some shade and had water available and drank several powerades but was still thirsty about the whole time. Actually played pretty well, think i shot a 45/48 for a 93 which is above average for me and it wasnt crowded so I think it only took us as a 2 some about 3 1/2 hours and that was as long as I wanted to be out there.

In my bag
Driver-top flite cannon 460 cc 10.5 deg, reg flex
3 Wood-ACUITY GOLF RCX 14°
3h-warrior golf tcp 20°
4h-warrior golf tcp 23°5h-warrior golf tcp 26° 6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 SERIES irons steel shafts regular flex56° sw-tour seriesram puttergolf balls-intech beta ti

Greetings to Greg from your neighbor in the St. Louis area: Yeterday it was 97ºF, 90% humidity, and Heat Index of 113.
Today it's 96º F., 52% humidity, and HI down to 104. (The rain water from last couple of days is finally drying up).

Went out to a local course about an upcoming charity event, and starter said no one had teeded after about 9 a.m.

It's so hot, I don't even feel like going to the range. (And, I have things to do before wife and I leave on vacation)

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Greetings to

Wow. That is brutal. People ask me how I handle the summer heat in Tucson, and I tell them it's got nothing on the Midwest/Northeast. I can play golf out here when it's 105-108 and be ok if I keep drinking water. Hottest places (in my perception) I've ever been were Cleveland in July, and D.C. in May or June. High 90's with drizzle or 90% humidity. Bleargh.

I work outdoors as a PE teacher here in Miami so the heat doesn't bother me so much when I golf. I love having an empty course to play during the afternoon hours in the summer. Stay hydrated and wear sun block and you won't be bothered by the heat.

heat index was over 100 today and i played 18. the nice side effect is that the course was almost empty. just drink a lot of water. i think you just get used to it after a while.

R9 Driver and 17* 4 wood
mizuno.gif MX-23 (5-PW)
CG16 52*, 58*

White Ice #7

Yeah but 9 is early enough for me I like to sleep and stay up late.

That's about when I like to tee off as well. Pound water, save the beer for when you're done. Park in the shade whenever you can and I always bring a clean towel that I wet down at every water station and wipe down my face & arms as I go through the round.

my get up and go musta got up and went..

Perhaps I'm different but I spend my days working outside and so I avoid the heat any chance I get.

Relax folks. I'm advocating the benefits of walking. I'm not seeking to have people exceed their risk tolerance regarding temperature. Too many able-bodied players default to taking a cart, and I think they're missing out on a great golf experience when they choose riding over walking. I say play like the pros, and walk. Now some may argue that the pros are in shape, and they can take the heat. Well, that argument would not hold water when you consider Tim "Lumpy" Herron walking the fairways on those hot summer days, or the guys on the Champions Tour. They walk in the heat. When has a tournament been suspended because it was too hot for the players to play? Stay hydrated, and enjoy the walk down the fairway!

Relax folks. I'm advocating the benefits of walking. I'm not seeking to have people exceed their risk tolerance regarding temperature. Too many able-bodied players default to taking a cart, and I think they're missing out on a great golf experience when they choose riding over walking. I say play like the pros, and walk. Now some may argue that the pros are in shape, and they can take the heat. Well, that argument would not hold water when you consider Tim "Lumpy" Herron walking the fairways on those hot summer days, or the guys on the Champions Tour. They walk in the heat. When has a tournament been suspended because it was too hot for the players to play? Stay hydrated, and enjoy the walk down the fairway!

Well, lets be honest, walking with a caddy and walking carrying your bag are two completely different things.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Note: This thread is 5045 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!