Sign in to follow this  
kafka01

US Womens Open @ Oakmont

Note: This thread is 3413 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

78 posts / 15353 viewsLast Reply

The women's course rating for this setup is 80.8 and the slope is 147. I checked some of the indexes of the amateurs in the field, they are about +4.4 which would give them a course handicap of +3 for this setup. So if they shoot 78 they played to their handicap.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Register for free today and you won't see this ad spot again!

The course will win, I think that is a certainty. But I like the fact that it's going to play so tough because it will offer up an opportunity to substantiate/squelch some of the talk about the relative skill level between the tours that goes on on this forum.

I predict somewhere between 5-8 over par wins.

ouch, too bad for wie.

roflmao...

To me, this is how a major SHOULD be laid out. As in TOUGH.

I will have to say though that 1 or 2 over par will probably be the winning score. I don't think there is anything wrong w/ that looking at the course rating for the ladies.

These girls are good but the course might just be a bit better.

Did you guys see the amateur Shean's (sp?) lie on her last hole? I think it was her last hole. It was ridiculous. It was across the hazard line and ended up in someone's divot that was not fixed. It was one of the worst lies I have ever seen. I never got a chance to see her hit her shot. If anyone saw it, post up what she hit and how it went. I am curious to know the result of that one. Very unlucky. I would have been pissed at the person that didn't fix it!!

Did you guys see the amateur Shean's (sp?) lie on her last hole? I think it was her last hole. It was ridiculous. It was across the hazard line and ended up in someone's divot that was not fixed. It was one of the worst lies I have ever seen. I never got a chance to see her hit her shot. If anyone saw it, post up what she hit and how it went. I am curious to know the result of that one. Very unlucky. I would have been pissed at the person that didn't fix it!!

I'm not sure it was even a divot, it looked like a gash in the ground that was perpendicular to the fairway. The ball was literally below the level of the ground.

More hysterical was the fact that her boyfriend is carrying her bag. Better yet, he doesn't even play golf, knows nothing about the sport. I loved the shots of him just looking around smiling!

Yeah. It was bad. She took a nine or an eight iron and basically hit it through the grass in front of her ball.

She ended up hitting it about thirty yards back into the fairway. Not bad. She did end up bogeying the hole, however. Keep in mind her caddy is her boyfriend, who doesn't play golf or basically have any real knowledge of what's going on.

Yeah. It was bad. She took a nine or an eight iron and basically hit it through the grass in front of her ball.

Yeah, I knew that part. Well, that was the play I would have chosen....that was her only choice I guess. Thanks man

Two things.

I half expected Wie to seriously wonder if greens this fast is even legal.

Another; the greens at Oakmount are Poa Ana (sp?), which of course is the same grass of the greens at Pebble.

Where is the uproar about Oakmounts greens that there was about Pebble's? Or haven't I looked hard enough?

I have zero doubt in my mind that the winner will be over par.

Please, I beg of whoever is telecasting this tournament: DO NOT LET JOHNNY MILLER ON THE AIR! He will never stop talking about his 63. NEVER.

Please, I beg of whoever is telecasting this tournament: DO NOT LET JOHNNY MILLER ON THE AIR! He will never stop talking about his 63. NEVER.

Well you better watch without sound then because he will be working the coverage on NBC on the weekend.

ouch, too bad for Wie. Future wifey out there hacking ;(

Awesome legs, great body, plays golf, has money. If only she were mute....

Where is the uproar about Oakmounts greens that there was about Pebble's? Or haven't I looked hard enough?

You would have to find someone who cares. Maybe the men are just whinier than the women.

Sorry, but whats wrong with the greens? They are fast, but they are also pretty big compared to Pebble and they didnt seem bumpy yesterday evening in the telecast. And really, complaining about stuff like that, trying to excuse your bad play (you will never see somebody with a good round complaining about stuff like that), just makes you more enemies than friends - thats the last thing the LPGA needs.

Maybe there is even something like a "dont bitch about the course" policy set by the LPGA media guys, otherwise Michelle Wie would have been all over this one to excuse her crappy play.

(you will never see somebody with a good round complaining about stuff like that)

Do you count even par or 1-under at the US Open a good round? If so, then Dustin Johnson did it, so never say "never."

Brandon

Note: This thread is 3413 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!