IGNORED

US Womens Open @ Oakmont

kafka01
Note: This thread is 5030 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The women's course rating for this setup is 80.8 and the slope is 147. I checked some of the indexes of the amateurs in the field, they are about +4.4 which would give them a course handicap of +3 for this setup. So if they shoot 78 they played to their handicap.

Rob Tyska

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The course will win, I think that is a certainty. But I like the fact that it's going to play so tough because it will offer up an opportunity to substantiate/squelch some of the talk about the relative skill level between the tours that goes on on this forum.

I predict somewhere between 5-8 over par wins.

The bag:

Driver: Taylormade R7 Limited (10.5*)
3-wood: Taylormade R7 st (15*)
5-wood: Titleist 909 F2(18.5*)Irons: Taylormade RAC TP MB; Project-X 6.0 (3-PW)Wedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 52.08 Vokey Spin-Milled 58.12Putter: Odyssey White Hot Tour #1 (33")Ball: Titleist ProV1

ouch, too bad for wie.

roflmao...

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

To me, this is how a major SHOULD be laid out. As in TOUGH.

I will have to say though that 1 or 2 over par will probably be the winning score. I don't think there is anything wrong w/ that looking at the course rating for the ladies.

These girls are good but the course might just be a bit better.

TM R11/Titleist 910F 15*/ Nike SQ2 20* & 23*/ Nike CCi 5-PW/ Nike SV 52* & 56*/ SC Newport 2 Studio Style 32.5"
Nike 20XIx/Pro V1x

Did you guys see the amateur Shean's (sp?) lie on her last hole? I think it was her last hole. It was ridiculous. It was across the hazard line and ended up in someone's divot that was not fixed. It was one of the worst lies I have ever seen. I never got a chance to see her hit her shot. If anyone saw it, post up what she hit and how it went. I am curious to know the result of that one. Very unlucky. I would have been pissed at the person that didn't fix it!!

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Did you guys see the amateur Shean's (sp?) lie on her last hole? I think it was her last hole. It was ridiculous. It was across the hazard line and ended up in someone's divot that was not fixed. It was one of the worst lies I have ever seen. I never got a chance to see her hit her shot. If anyone saw it, post up what she hit and how it went. I am curious to know the result of that one. Very unlucky. I would have been pissed at the person that didn't fix it!!

I'm not sure it was even a divot, it looked like a gash in the ground that was perpendicular to the fairway. The ball was literally below the level of the ground.

More hysterical was the fact that her boyfriend is carrying her bag. Better yet, he doesn't even play golf, knows nothing about the sport. I loved the shots of him just looking around smiling!

Driver: VRS 9.5 degrees

Fairway Wood: 13 degrees
Hybrid: A3 19 degrees

Irons: i20's  Yellow dot

Wedges: Vokey's 52, 56 & 60

Putter: 2 ball

Ball: Penta; ProV

Yeah. It was bad. She took a nine or an eight iron and basically hit it through the grass in front of her ball.

She ended up hitting it about thirty yards back into the fairway. Not bad. She did end up bogeying the hole, however. Keep in mind her caddy is her boyfriend, who doesn't play golf or basically have any real knowledge of what's going on.

TM R11/Titleist 910F 15*/ Nike SQ2 20* & 23*/ Nike CCi 5-PW/ Nike SV 52* & 56*/ SC Newport 2 Studio Style 32.5"
Nike 20XIx/Pro V1x

Yeah. It was bad. She took a nine or an eight iron and basically hit it through the grass in front of her ball.

Yeah, I knew that part. Well, that was the play I would have chosen....that was her only choice I guess. Thanks man

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Two things.

I half expected Wie to seriously wonder if greens this fast is even legal.

Another; the greens at Oakmount are Poa Ana (sp?), which of course is the same grass of the greens at Pebble.

Where is the uproar about Oakmounts greens that there was about Pebble's? Or haven't I looked hard enough?

Nike 20XIx/Pro V1x

I have zero doubt in my mind that the winner will be over par.

Please, I beg of whoever is telecasting this tournament: DO NOT LET JOHNNY MILLER ON THE AIR! He will never stop talking about his 63. NEVER.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Please, I beg of whoever is telecasting this tournament: DO NOT LET JOHNNY MILLER ON THE AIR! He will never stop talking about his 63. NEVER.

Well you better watch without sound then because he will be working the coverage on NBC on the weekend.

Rob Tyska

Where is the uproar about Oakmounts greens that there was about Pebble's? Or haven't I looked hard enough?

You would have to find someone who cares. Maybe the men are just whinier than the women.

Sorry, but whats wrong with the greens? They are fast, but they are also pretty big compared to Pebble and they didnt seem bumpy yesterday evening in the telecast. And really, complaining about stuff like that, trying to excuse your bad play (you will never see somebody with a good round complaining about stuff like that), just makes you more enemies than friends - thats the last thing the LPGA needs.

Maybe there is even something like a "dont bitch about the course" policy set by the LPGA media guys, otherwise Michelle Wie would have been all over this one to excuse her crappy play.

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50° CG12 DSG 54° & 60°

Sorry, but whats wrong with the greens? .

I never said anything was wrong w/ the greens.

Nike 20XIx/Pro V1x

(you will never see somebody with a good round complaining about stuff like that)

Do you count even par or 1-under at the US Open a good round? If so, then Dustin Johnson did it, so never say "never."

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Note: This thread is 5030 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!