IGNORED

US Womens Open @ Oakmont

kafka01
Note: This thread is 5030 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
Well she is now leading by 3 - but there might be another Dustin Johnson in the making - she never won a Major and its only her 4th tournament this year - lets see how her nerves can handle that...

I think she brings it home. My 7-year-old got her signature (and Natalie's and Cristie's) on Wednesday, so she'll be excited.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At least your daugther played it save and got multiple signatures - clever move by her

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50° CG12 DSG 54° & 60°

is there going to be more of this on tv tomorow than there was supposed to be due to the delays?

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

is there going to be more of this on tv tomorow than there was supposed to be due to the delays?

No, not unless it goes to a playoff.

Rob Tyska

Just got back from Pittsburgh. Saw the Wednesday practice round and the Thursday competition round. Guys, if you're not there to see this course you have NO IDEA how hard it is. The greens are much harder than they look on TV. I saw so many players just go tip! with the putter and the ball runs four feet past the hole. There are some places where you just can't stop it, and for the next shot you'll be chipping back to the cup or playing from a bunker. There are some greens, I don't know where they can even find four level pin positions.

The rough doesn't look like much, but it's real grabby, the bunkers are a lot bigger and deeper than they appear on TV.

Also, the course is a lot hillier (is that a word?) that it looks like on TV, Example: the 17th tee is about 50 feet below the level of the green, and from the the tee you can only see about the top two feet of the flagstick and a hint of the bunkering. Approach shots on many fairways will be it from an uphill or downhill + sidehill lie.

It doesn't matter how wide the fairways are, the bunkering makes tee shots scary. You know the LPGA, a threesome tees off and it's fairway, fairway, fairway. So I saw one group on the 3rd hit into Church Pews left, bunker right, bunker right. And the 3rd fairway is not especially narrow. Paige McKenzie hit a 7-iron off the 4th tee Thursday morning, I imagine because she didn't want anything to do with the bunkering in the landing area, and the hole 558 yards long!

I could go on. Whoever wins this tournament should be made LPGA Player of the Year on the spot.

Does anyone think the suspension of play might be a good thing for the leaders, being that the course might play a little easier in the early morning? Paula might be able to put a little distance between those players that already finished or only have 1 or 2 holes left. Question is can she physically handle two straight days of all day golf.

Does anyone think the suspension of play might be a good thing for the leaders, being that the course might play a little easier in the early morning? Paula might be able to put a little distance between those players that already finished or only have 1 or 2 holes left. Question is can she physically handle two straight days of all day golf.

At this stage, i have no doubt they can handle it physically and course conditions dont really matter - everybody plays the same course, its about the nervs on a Sunday, and the more holes you have to play the better you have to prepare yourself mentally, esp. when you are on top of the leaderboard. So in my opinion, the supsension of play is really bad for Creamer (since she was going nicely). I guess if you would have asked her if she would like to finish the 3rd AND 4th round right now (theoretically), she would say yes 100 out of 100 times.

Burner 9°
FW Burner 15°
Burner Rescue 19°
MP67 4-PW
CG10 50° CG12 DSG 54° & 60°

I've watched a bit more LPGA golf this year and I think it's woefully under covered. These women are damn good and VERY easy on the eyes. If Creamer can hold on and win I think it would be great for the LPGA!

Last year the LPGA leader boards were like a glimpse of the Korean golf league. If Lexi Thompson starts winning it could mark a resurgence of U.S. led women's golf!

Driver: VRS 9.5 degrees

Fairway Wood: 13 degrees
Hybrid: A3 19 degrees

Irons: i20's  Yellow dot

Wedges: Vokey's 52, 56 & 60

Putter: 2 ball

Ball: Penta; ProV

Na Yeon Choi, thats some round you've got going on

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

And Paula just might have closed the door...............

TM R11/Titleist 910F 15*/ Nike SQ2 20* & 23*/ Nike CCi 5-PW/ Nike SV 52* & 56*/ SC Newport 2 Studio Style 32.5"
Nike 20XIx/Pro V1x

And it's all over now. Paula's hand surgeon will be getting a lot of referrals.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

A good final round from Paula, solid golf all the way.

Also very nice to see Suzann Pettersen tying for second. We got our second LPGA player this year with Marianne Skarpnord from Norway, having Suzann lead the way like this is great.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Well i guess the the ladies proved alot of people wrong. Paula finished 3 under when most were saying the winner would be something like 8 over. Great round for the pink panther and the other ladies.

This open gave me far more respect for the LPGA because of how well they played on an exceptionally hard course.

Congrats.

Note: This thread is 5030 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!