IGNORED

The Open Championship

mcfc_nick
Note: This thread is 4903 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

and i "love" how they call the "The" Open Championship...so pretentious, like those Ohio State morons who call it "The" Ohio State University. like there arent other open championships...

Back in 1860 when

The Open started, Americans were all charging around on horseback playing cowboys and Indians or gearing up for a civil war, and there were precisely zero golf courses in the US, so it didn't really matter. Ohio State didn't exist then either.

----------------------------------
909D3 10.5 Matrix Code 6
909F2 15.5 and 18.5 Whiteboard
585H Ozik Altus
MP68 4-P, KBS ZTP 52. 56, 60 KBS DASS Luke DonaldHome club: http://www.bearwoodlakes.co.uk/hm/hm.aspx

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Ross Fisher and Graeme McDowell are "relatively obscure", then your knowledge of golf is totally obscure. Where do people get off making ill-informed and foolish comments like this? Why should it be a "big name player"? How about tye best player that week? Remember Daly winning the PGA? He came from total obscurity and his play was about as exciting as you'll ever see in a major. There is something severely lacking in your golfing psyche if only a big name "does it for you" as a winner.

Well said.

He didn't miss a short birdie putt for a 62. That was on the 17th. You can't say that you missed a putt for a certain score unless that is the final putt of the round.

Funny story there, we were listening on the headsets when he played 17, and when he hit the approach I said to my friend, "if he makes that he'll have the course record for sure."

So suddenly a grizzled old Scot beside us says, "ach, that's not even close to the record here laddie. Old Tom Morris carded a 52 back in his day." So we both look at him. "52? Are you serious?" "Aye, he did," he says, "of course, back then the course only had 12 holes!"

My bag:

Driver: Ping G-10 (s flex, 10.5*)
woods: Callaway Hawkeye 3 and 5
Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha 21*Irons: Ben Hogan Apex Plus Wedges: Taylor Made TP satin 52* & 58*Putter: Scotty Cameron Fastback

If Louis Oosthiuzen and Charl Schwarzel decided to trade places tomorrow, would anyone notice (even their mothers)?

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

If Louis Oosthiuzen and Charl Schwarzel decided to trade places tomorrow, would anyone notice (even their mothers)?

aside from the big ears and goofy look, they don't resemble each other too terribly much. hell, you could throw lee westwood into the group, although he's got about 50 lbs. on them.

On the lighter side ... I thought it was funny that Tiger and Phil had those dark pink shirts on today. smh

Phil's was more hot pink. Why Phil? Why subject us to that?

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Phil's was more hot pink. Why Phil? Why subject us to that?

Perhaps so people will talk about his shirt rather than the fact that he can't play links golf and is looking like missing the cut at this point?

Did anyone watch the interview with Seve on www.opengolf.com ?A real shame he couldn't make it. What a golfer.
They mentioned what he was saying when he holed the putt on 18 to seal the deal in '84.
"La Mati" or something. What was it and what does it mean? Does it mean "Yes, Baby!" which is what I say when I hole a putt.

"That's Golf!"

Tiger looked good today!! He needs to keep the pressure on everyone. Stay close to the leaders, and cruise on by on Sunday!!

Cleveland Hibore XLS Driver: Nike Ignite2 Irons: Adams SW and LW: Odyssey White Hot Mallet: Bridgestone e6 and TreoSoft Balls etc...

I worked until 3am this morning. Before I went to bed, I watched three hours of The Open. Then woke up 5hrs later and watched the rest of the broadcast that had been recorded by my dvr. Nothing better than watching John Daly play well and enjoy himself. Also, seeing Rory shoot so low (my office pick) and Tiger playing well, this Open is going to be epic. Hopefully my hometown guy, Zach Johnson, will shoot a better score tomorrow. Cheers.
Whats In My Hoofer Bag

R9 460 9.5 degrees
909 F2 15.5 degrees
909H 19 degrees AP2 4-PW (Rifle Project X 5.5) Spin Milled 52, 56 & 60 Degrees Studio Select Squareback 2 Pro V-1 Favorite golfer: Zach Johnson

5 of my 6 golfers in my office pool are -3 or better. (dang it Fowler! LOL) Anyway how I missed Rory McIlroy with my second pick I am not sure (had Tiger with 1st pick as 2nd person to pick overall)? I think he is gonna be tough. Young, but basically at home and so comfortable. If not JD I would love to see this Northern Ireland lad kick some boot!!!!

In my SasQuatch carry bag.
909D2 9.5* (Aldila Voodo Shaft)
FT 3W 15* (Fujikura E370 Shaft Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 21* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)
FT Hybrid 24* Nuetral (Fujikura Fit On M Hybrid Stiff Flex)Irons: X22 Tour 5 thru PW (True Temper Dynamic Gold S300) 2* upright (also...

so i'm listening to monty in the studio with the espn guys before he went out for his round today. i've never really noticed it before, but he doesn't really have a scottish accent at all. he sounds like an englishmen. what's up with that?

Im not positive, but I think I remember him saying one time that he grew up more in England than Scotland.

Never seen or thought about attaching the towel and glove inside the umbrella before. I've bookmarked the idea in the back of my head for my next rainy round.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It's rained so much at St. Andrews in recent days that the hollows are collecting standing water, which never happens.

Ricky Barnes is really on a tear so far. I imagine that links golf really suits his game; controlling the balls trajectory and shortening his swing means that his main technical flaw (losing balance) isn't a big concern.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

They mentioned what he was saying when he holed the putt on 18 to seal the deal in '84.

According to Trevino, what he said in Spanish translates to "I made it! I made it!"

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Note: This thread is 4903 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!